edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Where did that which created the Big Bang come from? :D

Comments

• SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    QUESTION NOT!!!!!!!!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Hmm, interesting. It didn't came from anywhere. It just existed.
  • StephsBackStephsBack Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Sorry, I need a properly constructed sentence in order to understand.

The down falls of being a cyborg.

Hmm, clearly I'm a creationist. lol
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    StephsBack wrote: »
    Sorry, I need a properly constructed sentence in order to understand.

The down falls of being a cyborg.

Hmm, clearly I'm a creationist. lol

Well, it's like this. We as humans CANNOT fathom how the creator is, it's beyond our reach at this level. For us to grasp the existence of life and everything around it, we need to morph into another being that can move between time and see the whole universe from a distance that's hard to imagine or calculate.

In reality we're just a small point in an endless map that keeps on growing and growing, there exists millions of different galaxies all around us but in different time. So, it's quite possible that something happened in another time frame and it affected out time line and resulted in creation of this plnaet and everything around us.

The more you THINK and EXPLORE the more confusing things become, in order to understand things you need to confuse yourself and think out of the box, no think outside of the universe and even then you cannot fathom the reality.

I should sleep now.
  • StephsBackStephsBack Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I agree.

A thing that I learned about the whole god thing is that 'he causes to become' which I've paraphrased I think (it's 4am, so mind's a little dodgy). I don't know why I thought of that, but I guess it's relevant some how.

I also think that's why a lot of intelligent people are mad or considered to be mad. They realise how vast and interrelated different things are and slowly go mad realising no matter how smart people say they are they will never be able to understand.

I like God and I like the Bible, it might not be scientifically or empirically specific about creation, but the account in Genesis seems to compliment the wtf nature of the creation question, and noone can disprove it or prove it, so it's certainly got my respect. I cause to become.... I don't know why I have that stuck in my head every time I think about this.

Yeah I'm gonna sleep too. I need that crap they have in the army that makes you not need to sleep and it's ok because you still remain alert and aware like you have slept.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    ^Actually I was a Muslim and then left the religion alone. Honestly, don't beleive what you read in the books. It's mostly misleading and just gives you a fake sense of assurance. The real truth is out there and I am sure it doesn't revolve around some entity playing with clay and making humans or just throwing rocks around and making stuff up. Although I do tend to get the concept of TIME which is different in the other place or so called mirror or fabric or whatever you like to call it. But just accepting that some words said by some Prophet are the truth is just being lazy.

You don't need to venture far to see things differently, in fact if you take out the GOD element and just try to find the real entity you will see it exists everywhere and the people who pray or do good get treated the same way in the end. We all die, we all rot. It's just basic cycle.

So, in order for you to understand or grasps things, you first need to leave your religious shell and make your decisions. If you can't leave it then try to ignore it while you try to understand things.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Happened by chance.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited May 2011
    This is a question that I've pondered since I was a child.

While in general I follow Chaos Theory for how the world works and decline to accept spirtual answers for how the world works without first thoroughly examining any and all possibilities the question of how existence came into being is certainly a paradoxical one.

For human logic something which is must have had a beginning such the timeless question of which came first the chicken or the egg.

On a side note scientist determined that the chicken came first: http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/07/14/the-chicken-and-the-egg-ancient-mystery-solved/

Either way, existence itself the concept of something spontaneously being keeps me from being a complete cynic as I do not know the answer to the OP's question.

From what I've read however there are some theories that the big bang is a continuous cycle that occurs over vast periods of time as the particles sent out collide eventually reform on the other side of space.

Course that still doesn't explain where the cosmic dust came from :)
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    Spiff wrote: »
    QUESTION NOT!!!!!!!!

^^ This.The science of today is the dogma of tomorrow.
    1.Thou shall not violate the speed of light.
    2.Your carbon foot print shall not exceed the size of your family.
    3.Climate change is man made.
    4.Everything is your fault for being a greedy American.
    5.There is no such thing as free energy.
    6.Radiation is good for you,Don't worry about Fukshima it's ok.
    7.Cold fusion is a scam and cant happen period.
    8.Our planet still has volcanoes because after 4 billion years it hasn't cooled off yet.
    9.You can't create or destroy energy."I just farted"
    10.Think, but not so much that you still have questions that we cant answer yet.
    :D:D