Mr. Brooks [2007]

SemSem Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Ramin_Djawadi-Mr_Brooks_3.jpg

A psychological thriller about a man who is sometimes controlled by his murder-and-mayhem-loving alter ego.

I was recommended this to me by a friend and from the quick opening to the very end was not disappointed. The acting was well done especially well with the dynamic between Kevin Costner and William Hurt provides a realistic family man by day serial killer by night feel.

If you enjoyed Silence of the Lambs you'll definitely enjoy this movie.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I watched it after watching Dexter, I enjoyed the story and the movie. The concept wasn't new to me because like I said I watched Dexter Season 1 before watching that movie, so the serial killer thinking didn't surprise me.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited May 2011
    I've yet to see Dexter to be honest. To much hype around it initially but I may check it out now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    I've yet to see Dexter to be honest. To much hype around it initially but I may check it out now.

Listened to the Audio Books [all of them] Watched the seasons [all 5], like others I admit the first season was great. Give it a try, the hype isn't that bad. Just don't get too attached.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    Sem wrote: »

What?

Get your ass downloading NOW!

I'm still waiting for the season 6 premiere!!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Box wrote: »
    What?

Get your ass downloading NOW!

I'm still waiting for the season 6 premiere!!

I think you will have to wait for months for that.

OP, Search for Dexter on this section, for books try printed matter. I created threads for both Seasons and books.