Student charged with Posting Counterfeit Coupons to /b/ and Zok

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
A computer security student at New York's Rochester Institute of Technology has been arrested on charges that he posted counterfeit Internet coupons to the 4chan and Zoklet websites.

Read more.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    As a result <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-effects">best forskolin effects freeforskolintrials.com</a> stretch marks <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskohlii-extract-reviews">freeforskolintrials.com get coleus forskohlii extract reviews</a> side effects but the truth of the matter is there are some <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskohlii-for-weight-loss">coleus forskohlii for weight loss</a> are clinically proven <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-tanning">forskolin tanning freeforskolintrials.com</a> remember that this is a blend of natural compounds. <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskohili">freeforskolintrials.com get coleus forskohili</a> Antioxidants n <a href="http://www.forskolinfreetoday.com/">best forskolin for weight loss</a> look again! <a href="http://www.forskolinfreetoday.com/forskolin-extract-benefits">forskolin extract benefits</a> relatively small. <a href="http://www.forskolinfreetoday.com/forskolin-125-mg-20-standardized">forskolinfreetoday.com forskolin 125 mg 20 standardized</a> In 2004 a ten week study was conducted on of the finest and rare enzymes <a href="http://www.forskolinfreetoday.com/how-to-take-forskolin">how to take forskolin from forskolinfreetoday.com</a> and numerous other .
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Wow, so coupons no go.
    *goes to hide all the threads*

Nah, not really.

But again, this shows that you can't trust Zoklet!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Another reason why I'd like an IP reset here as I will only use TOR to access &T due to my home IP being logged.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited May 2011
    Zok and wires handed over all the IPs and post content to the feds, then stayed real quiet while they went to town on the site and its members. They even went so far as to allow criminal confessions or criminal organizing by saying they wouldn't be infracting for it. It was only after the feds had everything they needed that they pulled an about-face and started acting all concerned about members posting confessions and openly discussing scams, effectively trying to make it look like they had nothing to do with it.
  • BatmanBatman Locked
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wow, so coupons no go.
    *goes to hide all the threads*

Nah, not really.

But again, this shows that you can't trust Zoklet!

It shows Admin that you have to flush the ip's automatically and not to keep logs, after all your server is on Canada, you can do it. And flush the ip's of the banned one's as well.

I am not hitting on you Dfg, I only say the obvious here, and that is to protect your members , I am sure you will do it, if not legally you can always flush the log's and blame it to a hacker :)

Thanks for your time reading my comment, I know that you have to read it, otherwise you would probably ignore me from reading what I write but hey...that's life, we can't be liked by everybody, hell, even sometimes nobody likes us.....:D ...have a nice day.:)
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    Fuck that sux. They narc'd on him. Then again, moot was forced by the feds to testify against one of his 4chan members before.
    I guess narcing is kinda like pringles, "Once you pop you just can't stop" :(
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    If any of you continue to post on Zoklet with any shred of sincerity for even one more moment.....you are some of the most naive saps ever, and deserve to get ass raped. There is so much "dirty" with that place, and its blatantly obvious it is now just a haven to get fucked either by scumbags or the cops themselves.

In all likelihood Zok himself is IDchief, at least in consortium with his Asian connection...Fish/Atrain. He didn't want to build a website with adult discourse, his whole net has been teenyboppers/undearges....cuz peeps over 21 don't need to be buying their wares. :rolleyes:

That is why Zok never tried to "make" anything of the place, its just a cheasy front for all kinds of nastiness. How many times did I say over there, it was almost PURPOSEFUL backwards decision making.

To all the cops over at Zoklet, around the world, or any desk jockey little bitches that believe you are doing "police work" (ELL OH FUCKIN ELL :facepalm:) by your cyber baddassery.....you are all pissant little losers, hiding behind your keyboards that probably haven't seen any REAL on-the-beat policing in quite some time, if ever. Ain't you the lucky one that you were born in THIS era of the last 20 years, and can be in the nice safety of your cubicle/home/office instead of actually getting dirty or taking a risk out there in the real world. Whooooooaaaaa tough guy. :thumbsdown: *sniggers*

With all of that being said, you can go tell Jeremy if he walked into my office right now I got a pic of him STILL on my desk to this day. There isn't a week that doesn't go by when I hobnob with the public and we start talking about the "problems" with today's police that his name doesn't come up. You wanna talk TotseArmy? I got DaGuru Army and a whole legion of citizens knowing what kind of unstable, immature, cowardly, and power-tripping little PIG Jeremy really is......he sure as fuck ain't the only one tainting the force, but he's the worst example. Tell the COWARDLY LITTLE BITCH I'm still hoping to run into him some day when he isn't hiding behind his badge, gun, radio for backup and other perks.....and that I said "hi". :cool:
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    In all likelihood Zok himself is IDchief, at least in consortium with his Asian connection.
    Was it IDchief dude??? :eek:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Was it IDchief dude??? :eek:

Follow the chronology/interest level over at Zoklet. Zok HAS to be IDchief on some level...not just getting commmision from an advertiser. Pretty much the ONLY time Zok posts under that nick unless its mundane techy shit is to sort out/referee IDchief. Been that way for a very long time.

For how many years did Zok tolerate my negative posting? And when did he finally perma-ban me? After 7 or 8 posts on IDChief. The same with Dark Rodent....they tolerated all the "forum" drama without any care in the world. And just a few posts and a couple of hours bringing questions towards their IDChief cash cow....and we are gone forever. :eek:

It also answers a lot of other "weird" dealing they had with me personally. Why they would never cozy up to my offers of friendship, ideas, or financial donations. They weren't trying to build a thriving/eclectic/edgy website......just build a net for the feds, and probably profit along the way too with the IDchief thing on the side.

Also keep in mind folks.....THE ORIGINAL TOTSE WAS SHUT DOWN A SCANT FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION CHANGE. Now that isn't a statement to start some partisan political bullshit argument.....instead make note of how certain priorities/funding/everything else sometimes gets changed during the changing of the guard.

This is dirty folks, dirty on levels most of us can't even comprehend......
    edited May 2011
    IDchief.

Wrong!
    I knew IDchief quite well, I did some graphic work for him. But lost touch with him when I moved here.
    Anyways, back on track again.........Was it IDchief who got busted?
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Wow, that guy got owned. 30 years in prison? Fuck! To be honest, he deserved that for accidentally logging in with his real IP address one time. Shame though, he was taking a security course and should have known better :facepalm:

This. He should have known better.. Never let your guard down.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Wrong!
    I knew IDchief quite well, I did some graphic work for him. But lost touch with him when I moved here.

Sorry BK, you are just a faceless entity to me and everyone else here. You coming in with a very brief "testimonial" of who/what IDChief is hardly refutes my YEAR's worth of observations in regard to all of this. You hardly erradicated any of long chain of events that I've endured...along with everyone else that was there to see it all play out as well.

Funny man...did you really think that hurried/half-assed explanation was going to just blow up everything I've said on this thread?
  • edited May 2011
    Wrong!
    Anyways, back on track again.........Was it IDchief who got busted?

By the sounds of how this guy went to great lengths to protect his identity, there's a good chance he's not who you think he is. It could be anyone, to be honest. Even Dfg! :D
    edited May 2011
    Yep... all zok wanted was a nice little honey hole to draw all the kidiots into. That's why he let the place get filled with kids like that, because that's exactly what he wanted all along. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Batman wrote: »
    It shows Admin that you have to flush the ip's automatically and not to keep logs, after all your server is on Canada, you can do it. And flush the ip's of the banned one's as well.

I am not hitting on you Dfg, I only say the obvious here, and that is to protect your members , I am sure you will do it, if not legally you can always flush the log's and blame it to a hacker :)

Thanks for your time reading my comment, I know that you have to read it, otherwise you would probably ignore me from reading what I write but hey...that's life, we can't be liked by everybody, hell, even sometimes nobody likes us.....:D ...have a nice day.:)

If I could I would have done it. But I have to check with Hellish and Vineman. Plus, I don't know if it's legal or illegal. I am thinking of adding a disclaimer and along with new terms and conditions that state users logs get removed after 1 month or so.

Plus, I would need to find a VBulletin Mod etc. for it as well.

Again, I may be a Paki but I do value you guys and as I have said before I will do everything in my power to protect you :).
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Let's also remember how a lot of Zok's staff suddenly left quite abruptly with no serious "reasons". LONG time Totse members that went with the Zoklet merge....Trueborn Vorpal and Mandatory Suicide are two great examples.

Both of them cared for community and was "loyal" to Zok for quite a while....but then almost around the same time period they both decide to close up shop and move on with life?

Sounds to be like Mandy and Trueborn got a whiff of the crap Zok and his Crew of Cowards were pulling....and they had enough integrity to remove themselves from the equation. :thumbsup:

The more we examine all this and put more pieces together....the bullshit and nastiness surrounding all of this is just going to grow bigger and bigger. :eek:
    edited May 2011
    AngryFemme, Oddballz194, and Slave of the Beast all left about the same time as well. Maybe their spidey-senses were tingling.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    EL OH EL.

Fucking dumbass.

RITech is shit too.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Plus, I don't know if it's legal or illegal. I am thinking of adding a disclaimer and along with new terms and conditions that state users logs get removed after 1 month or so.

Last time I checked up on the law (it was when Moot was in court giving evidence) the law stated that if you did have the logs, you had to hand them over or they would get a court order and take them (or probably hack the server, take them, then get a court order).

As far as I can remember, there was nothing that said website admins had to keep IP's of visitors or people who had logged in to said website. There have been some cases where companies who have not kept details of user visits to websites have been prosecuted, but in all cases that I know of, these companies have been financial institutions and the laws used to prosecute them have all been to do with data keeping with regards to financial transactions.

I say flush and be damned DFG. The only country sly enough to come after you in any way shape or form would be the US - because of the country you live in and the content that is posted on this website, it would not be beyond the realms of imagination that you could be lynched and killed in your home country.

Worst case scenario is you flush the logs, the americans decide to shout their mouths off and then you can get assylum in a nice country like UK, Canada, NZ or Australia.

It is win win.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Ok...let's get something straight here folks, and unless the laws regarding the internet are different then everything else in the real world here in the USA...you do NOT have to cooperate with these kind of investigations unless they obtain a warrant/court order.

I know this because I've managed multiple kinds of businesses over the years, and know just what you can and can't get away with. For instance, when I was managing a hotel...the cops can come in and ask "Is John Doe registered here tonight?" or "Can we see a list of your current guests?"

As an employee of any capacity I would be perfectly IN MY RIGHT to simply say...."unless you have a court order or warrant, I'm not disclosing anything." Granted I COULD disclose it if I really wanted to, but I'm not obligated by any law. And if they would return an hour or day later with that warrant, they now DO NOT have the right to strong arm or muscle me....they can't suddenly accuse me of doing whatever wrong, because all I was doing was going by the rules of due process as regulated by the courts.

My point in saying this is quite simply....a lot of you here and over at Zoklet are saying "Zok HAD to comply" or else he would have gotten himself in some kind of trouble. Like they would have come back with the warrant, and then unleashed hell on him. That is simply NOT TRUE in any way, shape, or form, (at least in the real world dealings with the police and their rules for procedure)....Zok wouldn't have gotten into any "trouble". Sure, maybe they wouldn't have been nearly as nice or civil to him...given him all kinds of badass cop talk, but they couldn't do a DAMN THING if they didn't have a warrant originally and he told them to go fuck themselves.

Quit excusing Zok's cowardice for being a slimey snitch/fed/what the fuck ever. He had choice after choice after choice in all of this...and the article said it perfectly and concisely...."the web operator cooperated". Meaning Zok fell all over himself handing over the goods, because he was the scared little shit that he always is....and he doesn't even have the adult life wisdom to understand where his rights begin and end. :facepalm: :thumbsdown:
  • edited May 2011
    So basically Zoklet's in the news and we're not. I'm disappointed, the only place Zoklet deserves to be in print is on toilet roll paper.
    If I could I would have done it. But I have to check with Hellish and Vineman. Plus, I don't know if it's legal or illegal. I am thinking of adding a disclaimer and along with new terms and conditions that state users logs get removed after 1 month or so.

Plus, I would need to find a VBulletin Mod etc. for it as well.

Sounds like a damn good idea to me!
    edited May 2011
    ...Meaning Zok fell all over himself handing over the goods, because he was the scared little shit that he always is...

lol

hilarious stuff right there ^
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    A student enrolled in the Rochester Institute of Technology's Computing and Information Sciences program, Henderson took pains to cover his tracks by using the TOR anonymizer to conceal his IP address, prosecutors said. FBI agents closed in on him after he failed to use the free service when posting a coupon to Zoklet.net, according to court documents.

Way to go Zok you fucking Jigger. So much for "standing by your members" you jewish negro piece of shit. If this place ever did some shit I'd make an effort to find all staff members current and shoot them and their families in the head. You all know what you signed up for, blood in blood out bitches :mad:.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Worst case scenario is you flush the logs, the americans decide to shout their mouths off and then you can get assylum in a nice country like UK, Canada, NZ or Australia.

It is win win.

Here in nz i doubt they would even care about what's posted here or anywhere else. the laws here are a joke, i mean some guy got 11 months jail time for murder so i doubt they would care about what's posted online
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Way to go Zok you fucking Jigger. So much for "standing by your members" you jewish negro piece of shit. If this place ever did some shit I'd make an effort to find all staff members current and shoot them and their families in the head. You all know what you signed up for, blood in blood out bitches :mad:.

It's just a forum you fat slob.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    Box wrote: »
    It's just a forum you fat slob.

You say that now until you wind up in pound-me-in-the-ass prison because of Dfg bitch tits. Thanks to your fucking Facebook generation IRL and Internet are now one and the same.
    edited May 2011
    I'm sure he just handed over the IP without a warrant. They just asked, and he gave it to them. Same thing with Google and all those other sell-outs to humanity... the feds simply send them an e-mail, they ask nice, and the yellow-bellies roll over immediately and start forking over everything the feds require. In this day and age people should know that personal rights to privacy should be upheld at all times, and a part of those rights is due process, and circumventing, and assisting to circumvent, those privacy safeties, is an abhorrent act, IMO. No better than worthless snitches, IMO. If they have a warrant, so be it! Then you have no choice. But to just drop your pants like that and bend over willingly, rolling on your "friends", not saying "boo" until they're already breaking down the door, that's just the lowest of the low, IMO.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    New Zoklet User Titles.....Spring 2011 Version....

1-100............Hall Monitor
    101-500.........Mall Security
    501-1000....... Desk Jockey
    1001-1500......Super Snitch Informant
    1501-2000......IRC Wannabe Lackey
    2001-3000.......Unwyred
    3001-4000.......O_RLY
    4001-5000.......Wires
    5001-10000......Zok
    10001-20000....FBI Agent
    20000+............J. Edgar Hoover
  • BatmanBatman Locked
    edited May 2011
    Here in nz i doubt they would even care about what's posted here or anywhere else. the laws here are a joke, i mean some guy got 11 months jail time for murder so i doubt they would care about what's posted online

Here , where I live, they are a bit more strict, for example if you send an email saying that this country will bankrupt then they will call the most qualified special agency to try and find you and convict you with 100 years of prison into the highest security district , with bots fucking you everyday for at least 3 times a day for 4 hours each time.:eek:

Not only that !, they are paranoid ! you can't even use a decent tor or proxy , if the isp's find out you are using such kind of things they shut down your connection from time to time to see where you are surfing cause they have the addiction to know more and more and more , because we are a free democratic country of course.:D

Not only that !

In case you stare in reality a cop for example, meaning that you just look him at the eyes while you pass near him , they will take you as the supreme terrorist that wants to harm them and they will take you downtown to verify your identity and be sure that you are not a terrorist of the highest rank !:facepalm:

Not only that !

Here our Authorities only act cool towards the one's that can't resist , be it down on the floor due to foot infractions from their kicks:eek:or just ignoring any situation letting the eye to eye revenge and ofcourse they act and come only when the crime has ended so to be sure that they will not have to pull gun or be in danger.:)

But it's funny on Internet, they are very cool :facepalm:hiding behind their keyboards and their hidden ip's, tough guys.:)

Now seriously, the flush of ip's when implemented should be done automatically and not once every month but daily , the Net is all and more becoming less free to express your opinions. My isp, does not hold any kind of logs, no ip's, nothing.
    edited May 2011
    New Zoklet User Titles.....Spring 2011 Version....

1-100............Hall Monitor
    101-500.........Mall Security
    501-1000....... Desk Jockey
    1001-1500......Super Snitch Informant
    1501-2000......IRC Wannabe Lackey
    2001-3000.......Unwyred
    3001-4000.......O_RLY
    4001-5000.......Wires
    5001-10000......Zok
    10001-20000....FBI Agent
    20000+............J. Edgar Hoover

Awwww! Poor zos didn't even make the grade! Poor little dude.

lol
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited May 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Zok and wires handed over all the IPs and post content to the feds, then stayed real quiet while they went to town on the site and its members. They even went so far as to allow criminal confessions or criminal organizing by saying they wouldn't be infracting for it. It was only after the feds had everything they needed that they pulled an about-face and started acting all concerned about members posting confessions and openly discussing scams, effectively trying to make it look like they had nothing to do with it.

A certain Admin told me not delete any posts and threatened to ban over it. It was odd considering I had deleted posts for years without it ever being an issue.

The situation has me feeling violated, I don't like it at all. :thumbsdown:
  • edited May 2011
    ^ Fuck him. Delete all your posts straight away, they can't make you do shit.
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited May 2011
    When that guy posted the coupons I doubt he was thinking "This is great, Im gonna cost these corporations hundreads of thousands of dollars." I reckon he just posted them to help people save money.

@Dfg - Anything is possible, I don't see why we can't make a script that purges the log files (It shouldn't even be that complicated), does Vineman actually have psysical access to the server we are hosted on?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Krane wrote: »
    When that guy posted the coupons I doubt he was thinking "This is great, Im gonna cost these corporations hundreads of thousands of dollars." I reckon he just posted them to help people save money.

@Dfg - Anything is possible, I don't see why we can't make a script that purges the log files (It shouldn't even be that complicated), does Vineman actually have psysical access to the server we are hosted on?[/QUOTE]

Dunno :(
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    -Dfg......thanks a bunch for posting my usertitle gag over at Zoklet! :thumbsup:

There aren't many days that I wish I could still be posting over there, but the last 2 I regret not being in the fray. There is SO MUCH STUPID being said over there....and its astounding how ignorant and naive so many folks are. I'd have a fuckin field day with these clowns claiming....
    But as soon as Zok saw the FBI metaphorically coming up his driveway....he just HAD to come bouncing out of his front door grasping his ankles in the Goatse position, or else they would have seized everything I tell ya........

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

-Spectral.... in the other Zoklet threads you made some really good points about the time investment that was involved and the fact it had to be a moderator to notice that ONE slip-up when signing in. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What's astounding to me is people are still wandering around there completely careless/clueless to anything....trying to get ID's from the Chief, just business as usual. Its especially curious such obvious transactions are going on right under the feds noses, and they are cherrypicking whatever laws (or is it morality?) and going after one enterprise and not the other. ;)

-Keep on keepin' on Zoklet members.....it ain't just like watching the end result of a car crash, instead its grabbbing your popcorn and literally watching lemmings follow each other over a cliff. Hollywood can't script such a macabre demise to so many people with this kind of back story.....please don't dissapoint any of us, and just keep on keepin' on. :D
    edited May 2011
    ...-Spectral.... in the other Zoklet threads you made some really good points about the time investment that was involved and the fact it had to be a moderator to notice that ONE slip-up when signing in. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...
    What slip up was that?
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    What slip up was that?

don't trust you, you could be cooperating with the feds as we speak.:) but then again, I might be wrong.:D
    edited May 2011
    Jesus wrote: »
    don't trust you, you could be cooperating with the feds as we speak.:) but then again, I might be wrong.:D
    That's just crazy talk. I've never slipped up once. I still have my spotless record and untarnished reputation. DaGuru was talking about somebody else.
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    That's just crazy talk. I've never slipped up once. I still have my spotless record and untarnished reputation. DaGuru was talking about somebody else.

Now am almost sure am not wrong, and kangaroo is on the theatrical virtual play as well .:)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    What slip up was that?

I was referring to this post....

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2673404&postcount=181
    The only way I can think of that a fed could just happily sit there viewing IP addresses to see when they change from a TOR IP to a personal IP is if he was given moderator access and could look up IPs at will using Zoklet's IP-checker. There's no other way it could have been done, unless zok was just printing them off and sending them in intervals. That would mean they're still here, and still have that kind of access, so be careful guise.

"Slip-up" meaning them not using the TOR IP instead of a personal IP....or am I not understanding the techy lingo since its all chinese to me?
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I was referring to this post....

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2673404&postcount=181

"Slip-up" meaning them not using the TOR IP instead of a personal IP....or am I not understanding the techy lingo since its all chinese to me?

that post up there on the link is silly, the most simple know how person , using net , knows he can access ip's without being a moderator, the graphical interfaces are only for windows users, and anyway, feds do not need mod position to check ip's, and feds cooperate with google as well, so either way everyone is fucked up if is so unlucky to get under fed's surveillance but the main idea is not that, vineman is here am sure he will en-light us with his opinion.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Talked to Vineman, he assured me he will not go down without a fight and from server aspect the IP only get recorded when someone accesses a page. Which means we can't do anything about it and it's failry harmless.

The main issue is Vbulletin. I am going to dig around and try to tweak it so it lets us clean IP's from time to time.

Also, it would be wise to use VPN, proxy and even Tor for posting different things. You can access things via normal IP but when posting something illegal etc. use Tor/proxy.
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Dfg, if the real ip is connected even once with Totse.info, then it does not matter how many times you will use proxy, cause they will just find where you live from the isp provider and they will raid on your house before they talk with vineman or hellish or you for the ip's..and anyway..they won't talk with any of you three, they will go directly to vbulletin and ask the ip's from there, or from the google statistics that saves the logs with the ip's that are connected with the pages. It's pointless from the beginning....the only advice is to use only proxy for connection with this site, no exceptions on the rule, even if someone does not post illegal material...if he uses the illegal material is a suspect, for example if he uses the porn passwords on the flesh section it is considered as illegal activity and if they want they will fuck everybody up.

But I guess they will go only for the big fishes , though ..surveillance, through keywords will be constant.That means all the site here is being monitored but it's not a bad thing from one aspect, we have Federal protection.:)
    edited May 2011
    If someone is coming into Zoklet, they don't make any connection with Google at all. The only way the feds could have known when the IP changed from a TOR IP to his real IP on Zoklet is if they either had access to the Zoklet IP-checker, or zok/wires/etc was updating them on a daily basis as to what IPs the poster was currently posting with on Zoklet. They must have been getting regular updates somehow the entire four months, as they have already admitted in the complaint form that they sat on the kid for four months. I wouldn't doubt they still have access to the Zoklet IP-checker.
    edited May 2011
    If someone is coming into Zoklet, they don't make any connection with Google at all. The only way the feds could have known when the IP changed from a TOR IP to his real IP on Zoklet is if they either had access to the Zoklet IP-checker, or zok/wires/etc was updating them on a daily basis as to what IPs the poster was currently posting with on Zoklet. They must have been getting regular updates somehow the entire four months, as they have already admitted in the complaint form that they sat on the kid for four months. I wouldn't doubt they still have access to the Zoklet IP-checker.

So - not only did zok hand over the logs - be it with or without a warrent being issued (I am guessing without), the LEO was given access to zoklet for a period of time.

It is one thing being an admin and handing over logs after a warrent has been served - I can understand why some one would do this - even if you say no you are only really stalling for time before the data wharehouse is raided and the server is physically taken away -

BUT (and I do appologise for the bold, but I feel it neccicary)

NOT ONLY THAT

THE LEO WAS REGISTERED, MODDED / ADMINED AND GIVEN FREE RIGHTS TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANTED FOR A PERIOD OF MONTHS - WITHOUT GIVING ANY INDICATION TO THE SITE USERS A SHARK WAS IN THE MIDST.

Now, when I get together with some buddies and we have a smoke - and a cop is present (I smoke with some cops who are cool with smoking) who members of the group have not met - I make everyone aware of the fact a cop is present and get the cop to say to the group that he is a cop, and cool with smoking. I always enure the cop gets the first toke. I have seen in some instances buddies wait until the cop has red eye before they smoke themselves - but everyone is aware.

Zok in this instance, has invited everyone around to his house for a party, told them to bring a baggie each as all will be well and once everyone is onto the third spliff, the cops jump out of the cupboards.
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011

sorry you are false.:D
    4O45yrzK5Y36ta9307MJLu0eMUpXjz5ahSZI.png

from the thread about the fbi arrest.:rolleyes:
    [ame=" - Homies lyrics - Insane Clown Posse (ICP)[/ame]
    edited May 2011
    Actually, for a Sys Op / Admin / Server admin - there is a very easy way not to give over the information:

'I am sorry officer, it appears my account has been hacked and some one has changed my password'

You then log in using tor or whatever the fuck and flush the logs.

When steam is coming out of the feds ears and they have you sitting on one side of a table with 100w of incandescant bulb shining right in your face, their is only one thing you can say:

'Fucking anonamouse, those guys are clever as fuck. That password was 32 charecters long, alpha-numeric, capital letters and symbols, I wonder how those fuckers cracked it'

If you cannot think on your feet to sort out a little problem to proctect the user base od a site you 'lead', no wonder everyone scoffs at your 'leadership skills'.

I give that place a week.
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »

NOT ONLY THAT

THE LEO WAS REGISTERED, MODDED / ADMINED AND GIVEN FREE RIGHTS TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANTED FOR A PERIOD OF MONTHS - WITHOUT GIVING ANY INDICATION TO THE SITE USERS A SHARK WAS IN THE MIDST.
    Wow! So who was/is the admin-ed fed? Let's name names!
    edited May 2011
    Wow! So who was/is the admin-ed fed? Let's name names!

You could call my post a supposition but based on all of the evidence in the public domain, this is the only way it could have played out. You know as well as I do that it is pretty easy to have an account in VB that only appears to those with the highest level of privileges.

I was in a position to name names, believe me, I would.

Me not having evidence to show a burden of proof does not make a fact any less a fact - I am sure you understand that if I post something I have surmised, it is not only because I believe it to be true but because it is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn with the available evidence.

Anyone can argue that surmising gives no element of proof, but a review of the evidence in this case shows that this is how it went down.

That or zok is interpol himself and wires works for europol. Maybe?