Damn, I've really let it slide...

edited May 2011 in Life
Just flicking through some old pictures and I found one where I was topless, standing there with a six pack and fairly defined arm muscles. Now I look at myself and I have a one pack and really shitty upper body strength. I used to be able to do a lot of climbing and pulling myself up onto stuff - hell I could do a muscle up onto pretty much anything. Now I probably can't even do a single set of pull ups :facepalm:

I really need some motivation to get back into shape. I do a lot of biking so my legs and general stamina is covered pretty well now, but upper-body is lacking a lot :(

Not sure why I'm posting this here, but I felt like telling someone and Totse is always my first port of call :D

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    Well leme see, Do some crank and go all out on a bowflex. that should help. also eat some steaks and lift some weights
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    HA! we're in the same boat. I am currently trying to fix my upper body. Push ups etc.

Main problem is the diet but I am sure I can cover it in some way.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    HA! we're in the same boat. I am currently trying to fix my upper body. Push ups etc.

....Camel steaks?
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    For those needing motivation... Get off your fat ass and work out you lazy fucks!!!

Seriously...if you are looking to trim/cut. I'd suggest the Insanity program. It worked great for me.

edit - It works for bulk up also if you eat enough.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been trying to work out and exercise myself. I wanna get some roids and give myself a nice start. :o
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Same here sort of, I've been going swimming lately and noticed a real difference . Lost a bit of fat, and a little bit more toned now :)
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

Same here, Its the diet that gets me.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    Spiff wrote: »
    Seriously...if you are looking to trim/cut. I'd suggest the Insanity program. It worked great for me.

edit - It works for bulk up also if you eat enough.

Users of this site are far too cynical to pay for a fad DVD. Insanity program torrent is here. I have my own routine at the moment so this isn't for me, but maybe one of you guys looking to cut down would like to take a look at it? I'd be interested to hear a "testimonial" from a Totsean rather than some male model on their promo youtube vid.

Also, progress pics and a record of personal bests are great motivators, even if you don't post them here.
  • edited May 2011
    So yesterday I did a shit load of exercise and topped it off with a packet of chocolate biscuits :facepalm:
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    i worked out yesterday.. instant 6 pac..
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    Users of this site are far too cynical to pay for a fad DVD.

LOL. People still pay for shit...
  • fuckfuck New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    Joining the gym. Real cheap and a thrown in personal training plan. Being a student does have it's uses.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited May 2011
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    Go to prison. It's free, and your diet is well managed, you also get your own personal trainer (Bubba).