Predict the future.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just found this picture which is sadly true
G2.jpg

So what are your future predictions? Technology? Social? Economic? I have a horrible feeling we will become more and more introvert, with tribes popping up across the world which stem from different Social groups thanks to the economic wheel we call Capitalism which works but not for everyone.

Your turn. I will elaborate later.

Comments

• AmieAmie Regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't bother with predictions about the future.

Live life right now, guys!
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    donald trump is prez next election... sorry to be real.
  • edited May 2011
    Hopefully I will be dead before...

A) Economically viable supplies of oil run out and petrochemically dependent human society is seriously screwed short-term because fusion power is still a pipe dream and those stupid little windmills aren't going to generate shit on a calm winter's day. Renewable energy sources not developed fast enough because oil giants couldn't give a shit about heavy investment in alternative energy whilst there's still plenty of black gold in the ground. Governments too corrupt and/or incompetent to stop playing with their dicks and do something useful with public funds.

B) The population age demographic becomes so top-heavy that the western economy slowly winds up its own senile wrinkly asshole.

C) The continuing demise of European Christianity, not necessairly a bad thing per se but the only alternative I see in Europe as a long-term trend is Islam. Excuse me whilst I hit the fucking eject button.

D) WWIII, fought over the mismanagement of dwindling global resources; oil, water. Possibly some deranged fucknut with nukes declares a global Jihad.

E) Severe problems with antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. Increasing global population density and the fact that drugs aren't strictly regulated in muddy shitholes means the opportunity for drug-resistance to develop and spread will abound. Drug companies are slow to respond to this as long as the profits keep rolling in, just like the oil giants.

I expect these to happen within the next 60 years.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011

E) Severe problems with antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. Increasing global population density and the fact that drugs aren't strictly regulated in muddy shitholes means the opportunity for drug-resistance to develop and spread will abound. Drug companies are slow to respond to this as long as the profits keep rolling in, just like the oil giants.

How about a nice dose of New Delhi metallo beta lactamase?
  • edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    How about a nice dose of New Delhi metallo beta lactamase?
    Meanwhile, Sri Ganga Ram Hospital’s microbiology department chairperson Dr Chand Wattal said that there is nothing alarming about the findings and the issue is blown out of proportion.

“Indian community responded to the name ‘New Delhi’ the scientists have given to the bacteria. The issue is just hyped up. It is a defence mechanism of any bacteria and there is no need to panic. There are several similar bacteria found in the US. Have Indians started going to the US? The bacteria should have been named ‘Sweden’ since it was first found there,” said Dr Wattal.
    He added that Indian hospitals need to have better infection control mechanism.

Delhi health Minister Kiran Walia, however, said on Thursday afternoon that she was not aware of NDM 1. “I am not aware of the issue. I will look into it,” she said.

In a fruity Indian accent: "No, no, sir, nothing wrong here, no new diseases are coming from our open-sewer of a country. Please to be carrying on as you were, sir!"

What is there to do... move somewhere remote and become as self-sufficient as feasibly possible? Maybe with a community of like-minded people with highly varied and useful skills?

I'm terrified of one day growing jealous of Armsmerchant's Alaskan cabin. :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    A) Islam will be the dominate religion.
    B) Fertility rates will drop around the world, only Islamic Countries will maintain a high rate of fertility.
    C) More Terrorist Attacks throughout the world and more crusades and invasions in the name of the book or etc.
    D) Bail outs after bail outs, World economy will take a major hit once common resources become hard to find.
    E) Major oil bottleneck ahead, high fuel prices.
    D) Increase in umemployment rates.
    F) More violence in the streets, street crime rate will keep oin climbing in major cities (mostly in third world country)
    G) Increase in child prostitution, as more and more families are forced into hard labour selling children will become common.
    H) Child slavery will pickup pace in future in underdeveloped countries where as there will be some major problems with retirement age and pensions.
    I) Possible war for water or oil.
    K) The world will not end in 2012 nor will Judgement day come on 21st May 2011.
    L) Another Taliban leader will take place of Osama and the war between US will continue. Pakistan will suffer badly.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    You'll be seeing more of me.
  • edited May 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    You'll be seeing more of me.

And there was I thinking I was being too pessimistic.