Manchester CCTV camera attacked with circular saw

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
These guys, as stupid as they are, have some balls. Took precautions and covered up, but the twat observing his friend with the saw should learn how to move out of the way of the sparks. Still, good ol' British spirit ;)
A CCTV camera has recorded vandals chopping down its pole in Greater Manchester.

Two men cut through the camera's pole, on the corner of Coniston Road and Dorning Road in Swinton at about 1330 BST on Saturday.

The film shows the pole wobbling before the camera zooms in on the men, in dark clothing, attacking it with a portable saw.

Police have appealed to anyone who recognises the men to contact them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13394610

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    The sparks are not so bad as long as they hit your clothing - I have a saw like that and use it for cutting steel - where the sparks hit my jeans they have started to go yellow due to the heat.
  • edited May 2011
    Were they planning a robbery and didn't want to get caught on CCTV?

:facepalm:
  • edited May 2011
    That's pretty hilarious to be honest. There are many ways of stopping a security camera from spotting you but this is taking it to a new level. Good shit :)
  • edited May 2011
    I beat the fools live locally and didn't want their daily mischief to be recorded. That, along with the make of saw they most likely recently hired, will make their capture all the more easy.

Then again even if they're caught the courts will take pity on them.

After all they're probably from 'broken homes'. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011
    They'll probably just watch the two guys through the rest of the CCTV cameras blanketing the place and follow them home.

I like the idea of people fighting against these faggoty cameras that don't catch criminals (And are used more often to catch protesters lol). The government will just make stronger poles, now.
    edited May 2011
    I beat the fools live locally and didn't want their daily mischief to be recorded. That, along with the make of saw they most likely stole out of someones shed, will make their capture all the more easy.

Then again even if they're caught the courts will take pity on them.

After all they're probably from 'broken homes'. :rolleyes:

Fixed.
  • edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Fixed.

Haha, yes, that probably is closer to the truth.
  • OnesanOnesan Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    hehehe a little reckless doing that in broad daylight, i think they need to look at stuff like the link below for inspiration
    http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm
    sure its speed cams instead of cctv here but not too much difference, especially with modern ones that can serve both cctv and speed functions.

g393.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    That's so fucking awesome. So how do you set fire to a speed camera anyway? I noticed that people put tires over them or something.

Someone should write an article which says how people set fire to speed cameras :thumbsup:
    edited May 2011
    Fixed speed cameras are always a target in my neck of the woods. I have seen ones that have had tyres put on them and set alight, spray painted and shot. One quite local to me within the first week it had been put up was taken out with a shotgun. Some one drove up to it in broad daylight and blasted the fucker. No one called the police.

After it was fixed, some one went back at it with an air rifle. It looked like it must have been shot 30 or so times - normally in the UK if some one sees you with a gun in a public place, you can expect armed response in a matter of minutes - again the police were not called - I wonder why?

I have seen pictures of ones up and down the country that have been blown up - one way of ensuring they are no longer operational.
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's so fucking awesome. So how do you set fire to a speed camera anyway? I noticed that people put tires over them or something.

Someone should write an article which says how people set fire to speed cameras :thumbsup:

I think this picture explains all you need to know.

burning-gatso-speed-camera-05.jpg

This one got dynamited - must have been some one who works in a quarry.

g200.jpg