Walking in the rain, at night.

edited May 2011 in Life
Does anyone else enjoy taking a walk at night, when it's raining around you and the wind is blowing trees around? It's so atmospheric and enjoyable. A little while ago, I decided to get away from the computer and take a wander around the place. I covered some pretty nice locations, mainly some cornfields and I even walked past a cemetery, all the time the rain was pelting down, the wind was blustery and slightly warm, considering the time of day.

Fun times.

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    I love cornfields in the rain. When the corn is around head height it feels like your completely lost in a maze.
    It's fun when your on something and get a load of people to play hide and seek. Not when it's raining though, fuck that.
  • edited May 2011
    I love cornfields in the rain. When the corn is around head height it feels like your completely lost in a maze.
    It's fun when your on something and get a load of people to play hide and seek. Not when it's raining though, fuck that.

Yeah. I walked through a rapeseed field which is taller than me - it was pretty fun. I also went across a field which was full of corn at about waist height. In the distance, the trees were casting a silhouette on the sky, which looked pretty cool. Combined with the sound of the wind and rain, it was very interesting.

One of those moments where you feel very in touch with your surroundings and it feels good to be alive.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    Were you using an umbrella? You have to be careful or you could get pneumonia.
  • edited May 2011
    Were you using an umbrella? You have to be careful or you could get pneumonia.

What? Pneumonia is a lung infection. If you were thinking of hypothermia, then no I wasn't using an umbrella - it was like 20C (70F) last night so I wasn't cold :)
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Haha yes, Mild hurricanes can be amazing :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I used to enjoy a smoke at night in the rain. I'd frequently walk around topless if it was hot or humid. More refreshing than a shower and looked a total badass :cool:
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah. I often do it in black and white, lazily dragging on a cigarette, skin stretched taut across my gaunt cheekbones, ennui painted over my melancholy face, radiant aloofness eminating from my pale visage reflected in the cold moonlight...
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    gotta love the great outdoors mang
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    I went for a walk in the rain last night. :o No cornfields though.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Nothing better :) I love walking anywhere at dark, especially walking the streets at night. Its so peaceful because it contrasts the daytime where everything is silent instead of noisy and all the roads are deserted.