So I flew off my bike today...

edited May 2011 in Life
I was biking around a location which I often enjoy visiting, just to mess about for a little while with a friend. My rear brake is totally fucked and doesn't work, so I had to rely on the front one to slow me down, which obviously doesn't give you quite as much control. Anyway, I went around the following corner way too quickly and thanks to the nettles, I couldn't see the ridge in the ground...

ldl.jpg

Front wheel hit the ridge, slid out from underneath me and the rest was a bit of a blur... I somehow managed to get in front of the bike (maybe I jumped, or just went flying, I don't actually know) but I slammed hard. Arm landed in some nettles causing it to flare up, and I grazed my knee pretty bad. The cool thing was, I managed to land and roll perfectly and when I came to my senses, I was standing up :D

It was smoooooooooth. Still hurts where I was stung though :facepalm:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    HAhaha, I remember doing a little stunt as well. It was summer and I used my mountain bike which have front and rear brakes. I tried doing the mission impossible stunt where Tom speed ups his bike and then rolls on his front tyre.

There was a speed breaker with a stupid hump, when you cross it, your bike would lift up automatically. So, I went ahead and cross the speed bump and pressed the front brake. I didn't let go of the break and bang, I was on the tarmac with my hands all fucked and a stupid smile on my face. Mind you we don't wear any protection in Pakistan. So, it was flesh verses tarmac.

From that point onwards, I never dared to do anything stupid on my bicycle. I value myself too much now.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    lol, last time i wrecked a bike i was a kid, fix ur back brakes and it likely won't happen again.
  • edited May 2011
    lol, last time i wrecked a bike i was a kid, fix ur back brakes and it likely won't happen again.

Yeah, that's the best idea. However, my rear axle is messed up and the wheel doesn't sit right, meaning my rear disc brake doesn't sit in it's caliper properly which kinda sucks. This is the only thing stopping me from fixing the brake.

I haven't actually wrecked since I was much younger. I was taking that corner way too quickly though, especially with no brake and without being able to see past the nettles :facepalm: Usually I would have skidded around it a little bit but obviously that wasn't possible.

Oh well, I guess I'll know for next time!
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't sound to bad. Try crushing your arm underneath a RZR for the lulz. pic related, my arm 1 week after the crush.:facepalm: Dark area is where a stick went through.
    8EmQc.jpg
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    :eek:

Damn that sucks ^
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    I fucking wish I was there, with a fixed bikeSHIIIIIT