Job Interview Tip #3185: Make the employer convince you to work for them

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So I went to a job interview for some sales position where it was revealed that I was to go door-to-door. I was about to tell the woman to fuck off, but decided to let it play out. Here is what followed:

"So why do you think you would make a good salesman?"
"That is no longer of concern in this interview. I have not been convinced that I want to work for you."
"[several minute defensive rant about how great the company is, room for opportunities, and competitive wages]"
"I am still not convinced. Hand me back my resume. [retrieve resume] Have a nice day."

Key to success: Assert yourself; stay confident. When things turn for the worse, take advantage.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    So, did you get the Job?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    No, I didn't want it.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    LOL. A chink telling someone to "fuck off." I'd like to see that.

None of them around here. Poor ingenious fucks are kept locked 14 hrs a day on $7.25 in a sweatshop without food. At least the spic has enough dignity to tell the manager to screw himself.

gl on ur next job
    edited May 2011
    Thanks. I actually have a job already, but it's in the evenings, so I'm just looking for a day job.

It's great what a little confidence can do to turn the tables. Just remember to get your resume back if you ever choose to walk out :p
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Glad I saw this. Most people would roll over and feel slightly uncomfy at the thought of a shit job but know they had no other choice.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    You only print one resume?
    edited May 2011
    Jack wrote: »
    You only print one resume?

awut :confused:
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    You go on about making sure to get your resume back like it was the only copy you made.
    edited May 2011
    Oh, no I just meant for it to be a show of assertion that I want nothing to do with the company :p
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Haha, quality mate. You turned the tables on her so that she had to prove why she wanted you to work for the company and not why you wanted to work for the company :P
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited May 2011
    She should have given you the job.
    "Buy these windows!"
    "no"
    "You should convince me why you aren't buying these windows!"
    "OH GOD TAKE MY MONEY!"
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    BaconPie wrote: »
    She should have given you the job.
    "Buy these windows!"
    "no"
    "You should convince me why you aren't buying these windows!"
    "OH GOD TAKE MY MONEY!"

Don't ever, EVER, attempt to be funny. :facepalm:
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited May 2011
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    Something about that blue sad face just makes me lose my shit. I must be a horrible person.
    edited May 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Something about that blue sad face just makes me lose my shit. I must be a horrible person.

Colour of your balls :o
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Colour of your balls :o

Only by choice my friend. I hold out on my girlfriend just to fuck with her. Maybe she'll cut her shit :o I doubt it :o