So it is judgement day

princessprincess Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
It is judgement day, should I just say fuck it and not go to work today? The company is kind of evil, so maybe they got left behind too, so I could still be collecting a check. On the other hand though, I could just loot a bunch of people taken to heaven and not have to work anymore. They can't really fire me if I'm right and Jesus did come today, since it would be an "act of god" literally, and would not count against me per the employee handbook. And since Jesus would be busy today, It would not be so creepy masturbating knowing he is watching. Got alot of things to consider today.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    It's a universal holiday.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    No judgement day here. So, don't worry about Jesus rocking your boat any time.
  • edited May 2011
    I can't help but notice that the revelation has once again failed to come on the appointed day. I heard a good interview with Harold Camping, and he seemed very sure that today was the day, and some web surfing shows his followers and like minded people were all quite sure that this was the day. I suppose this puts him, and those like him, in the interesting circumstance of having to be somewhat annoyed that the end did not come, and they are not dead. I wonder if he is eating scrambled eggs and buttered brown toast as his wife tells him; "Just go back to the good book honey, I'm sure you can pick another day."

So why does this happen? What is it that makes people so damn sure the end of civilization is just around the corner?

C/O
    "cocksuckers"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I can't help but notice that the revelation has once again failed to come on the appointed day. I heard a good interview with Harold Camping, and he seemed very sure that today was the day, and some web surfing shows his followers and like minded people were all quite sure that this was the day. I suppose this puts him, and those like him, in the interesting circumstance of having to be somewhat annoyed that the end did not come, and they are not dead. I wonder if he is eating scrambled eggs and buttered brown toast as his wife tells him; "Just go back to the good book honey, I'm sure you can pick another day."

So why does this happen? What is it that makes people so damn sure the end of civilization is just around the corner?

C/O
    "cocksuckers"

Sheep, people follow whoever can lead them.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    I still see every one i used to see. o wait never mind.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Its the fact they put their kids into it. That's just plain fucked up. They can all go drink the Kool Aid as far as I care.
    edited May 2011
    One of the reasons why people are so quick to accept the rapture is that it allows them to come to terms with their mortality. Weak minded people need relief from their fears.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    chicken little.
  • edited May 2011
    This dude spent over a hundred grand of his own money to take out ads in newspapers warning people of the coming Revelation. Guy might be bonkers, but at least he wasn't in it for the money.
    edited May 2011
    This dude spent over a hundred grand of his own money to take out ads in newspapers warning people of the coming Revelation. Guy might be bonkers, but at least he wasn't in it for the money.

Actually:
    http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/May-21-End-of-the-World-cnnm-66185956.html

According to their most recent IRS filings, Family Radio is almost entirely funded by donations, and brought in $18 million in contributions in 2009 alone.

According to those financial documents, accountants put the total worth of Family Radio (referred to as Family Stations on its official forms) at $72 million.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    fucking lulz 72 million that guy is a genius