Awesome urban exploration video [youtube]

fuckfuck New Arrival
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
YouTube - ‪UNDERCITY New York City urban exploration w STEVE DUNCAN, dir. Andrew Wonder‬‏

Pretty awesome video of some urban exploration underground and high off the ground in HD!
The best part is the last segment, absolutely fearless.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, this was excellent.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    I've seen this, it was posted a while back.
    Worth a 2nd post though. :thumbsup:
  • jimdil4stjimdil4st New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    I've always wanted to do shit like this, but most of my friends are too scared. I live in philly and theres an entire city underground and I know where multiple entrances are. I've been down there a few times but, never very deep in because I've only ever done it alone.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    If I were in the US, I'd be well up for that :hai:
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    If I were in the US, I'd be well up for that :hai:
    There's always the london subway. I hear that shit has some awesome places of interest. :)
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    There's always the london subway. I hear that shit has some awesome places of interest. :)

There are several stations and miles of track that have been closed off since the blitz. Aldwych is the most famous one (it gets used quite a lot for film sets) but there are loads http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_and_unopened_London_Underground_stations.
    edited May 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    There are several stations and miles of track that have been closed off since the blitz. Aldwych is the most famous one (it gets used quite a lot for film sets) but there are loads http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_and_unopened_London_Underground_stations.
    I've seen a couple of vids on youtube. The haunting one I found interesting, not so much the haunting but more the history. It'd be pretty cool just to scope the places out. You know what I mean? Some of you are living the urban dream...:cool:
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    I've seen a couple of vids on youtube. The haunting one I found interesting, not so much the haunting but more the history. It'd be pretty cool just to scope the places out. You know what I mean? Some of you are living the urban dream...:cool:

I feel your pain. I live in a city without an underground so all my hypothetical urb-ex is done on the rooftops. It's still possible to find some cool places, still possible to find a big rush and satiation of curiosity, but the subterranean has a lure like no other.
  • fuckfuck New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    I've seen this, it was posted a while back.
    Worth a 2nd post though. :thumbsup:

Aah my bad. I searched for the clip URL before posting but got nothing! Definitely some good stuff though
    edited May 2011
    fuck wrote: »
    Aah my bad. I searched for the clip URL before posting but got nothing! Definitely some good stuff though
    All good. My only complaint is, we don't have cool shit like that here. :(
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    All good. My only complaint is, we don't have cool shit like that here. :(

There is an old underground railway stop under the Hamilton CBD, and an abandoned mental hospital about 10 minutes away from home. Both i'm keen to go and check out. But other than that there is absolutely nothing
    edited May 2011
    There is an old underground railway stop under the Hamilton CBD, and an abandoned mental hospital about 10 minutes away from home. Both i'm keen to go and check out. But other than that there is absolutely nothing
    We have railway tracks, but they're all rural. No mental hospitals here, they release the crazies into the wild. crazy-2.gif
    I hear Kingseat is pretty cool and Carrington is even cooler. crazy-2.gif Wouldn't mind checking out behind the scenes of those places. :cool:
  • edited May 2011
    Holy shit, this video is awesome! Those guys have got some serious balls.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Video is Fuckin Tits
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    lol I was at fulton st. today. It'd be a bitch getting an MTA permit for this sort of shit.