Totse Community Presents, The Missing Person Index

DfgDfg Admin
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I thought what we could do as a community. Well, we can help get the name of people who're missing out there and help different groups in finding them. I have already contacted major websites for support list. ITT: we will compile a working list and create awareness for people who're missing.

If you have a local website that handles things, please link it here.

More details later. It will get uploaded to CMS in a special page.

EDIT: Contacted UK group.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Contacted American group. We will get feedback and details later.
  • edited May 2011
    Can we pick out particularly lulzy looking/sounding people and help them out instead of just any old person?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Soo, ummm, whats the point?

A mention in their reports, an opportunity to help someone and basically tons of material for writing new guides. I am requesting their materials and asking for access to their lists. It's a massive operation and I will be doing most of the work.
    trx100 wrote: »
    Can we pick out particularly lulzy looking/sounding people and help them out instead of just any old person?

Depends, the aim is different. This whole thing is something very different and I am sure it's a Totse first a well :).
  • edited May 2011
    Sounds interesting, certainly something very different indeed. Might as well give it a shot though, would be cool to work together on something.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    80% of people who are missing and still alive do not want to be found. This Reno Raines shit is an idea based upon your own ideas of morals and ideals, all the while not taking into consideration the morals and ideals of those whom you expose.

Shit idea.
  • HornyvoyHornyvoy Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    80% of people who are missing and still alive do not want to be found. This Reno Raines shit is an idea based upon your own ideas of morals and ideals, all the while not taking into consideration the morals and ideals of those whom you expose.

Shit idea.

This is very interesting I never truly thought of it in this way.while I agree this might be true in some cases I find it hard to believe 80%. Please link your source. I would like to read more.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »

Shit idea.

It's not a shit idea. Actually I didn't mention the whole idea because it will ruin the plan. This is just phase one.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Hornyvoy wrote: »
    This is very interesting I never truly thought of it in this way.while I agree this might be true in some cases I find it hard to believe 80%. Please link your source. I would like to read more.

This is not YahooAnswers.

This is based on years of personal exerience with the homeless and the underclass.

Why do you find it hard to believe? If some one is long term missing - missing for more thna 6 months - I think they would call home if they wanted contact. By simply not doing so they are remaining missing - which they want, otherwise they would do something about it.

The rest - well, they could be the abducted, the mentally ill or those for whom it would be dangerous to themselves or their families.

The point however, allways stands: you should never try to second guess the motivations of others.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    @SoTB that's a correct but we're not aiming to be total assholes this time :)
  • edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    @SoTB that's a correct but we're not aiming to be total assholes this time :)

:D:D:D

I like your style.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    :D:D:D

I like your style.

Hehhe, like I said I already contacted two agencies. I will be reaching out with others. If you need any details hit PM or try IRC.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    Umm JS was missing, but we found him. Pacino is still currently missing, we don't need to find him though.