What are your favorite martial arts?

AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
edited June 2011 in Man Cave
I like Machida Do Karate and moshpit dancing.

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    machida do karate as in the karate style of lyoto machida??

and gtfo with moshpit dancing

my fav martial art is KICK YO ASS FOO
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    whatever Steven segal learned, thats what i like.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited March 2011
    Muay Thai and Shotokan.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mexican Judo. But seriously i do Qi-gong as practice and Aikido.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    whatever Steven segal learned, thats what i like.

Aikido, so he claims, but what he does is NOT Aikido.

I have studied Tae Kwon Do, and Aikido.

I would love to study Wing Chun Kung Fu.

Favorite, street fighting. Just for the need to improvise with what you have. Says a lot more about your intelligence than basically doing a handfull of learned moves. You never know what's coming, and the sky is the limit for what you can do.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    I just kick niggas in nuts. I wouldn't really consider that an art though.
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I have done tae-kwan-do and would like to try others some time.
    Although the art of concealed carry works pretty well. I dont care if you are steven segal a 1911 wins.:)
  • TCO420TCO420 Regular
    edited March 2011
    At OP its called shotokan karate you faggot

Boxing and wrestling is a good mix to learn
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    Wing Chun. Very defensive type of martial arts. You basically redirect an opponents energy to get them off guard, and then kick their ass. Legend says that "Wing Chun" the woman who invented this type of martial arts, fought a man for her freedom, and she used wing chun to overcome him. Her practices were passed down to generations and generations, and eventually, came to Bruce Lee.
  • edited March 2011
    Krav Maga + USMC martial arts!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I work a bit with Master Guy Savelli in Mentor, Ohio. Not us much as I would like to due to a current rotator cuff tear (surgery scheduled for 30MAR11) and a hernia (no surgery yet scheduled) but he teaches Huc Chung Kun Tao. What is Huc Chung Kun Tao? Read this for a basic understanding.

Source
    In the past in China, Indonesia, or any other part of Asia that had a jungle, the toughest man was the head of the village. Every native was constantly trying to work his way up to the tenth degree black belt, or red sash. That was the top man. The ninth degree black belt could beat everybody but number ten, the red sash. The red sash had the most food, women, the most of everything. If a native wanted more for himself or his family, he would have to beat a higher ranked man. Then, he would have to defend himself and his family from the attacks of lower ranked men. Not only would he have to worry about the constant threat of attacking animals, but there was also the persistent worry about the men who wanted to beat him and take his position in the caste system. In addition to these dangers, other tribes would also want a native's dead body as a testament to their manhood.

This is the origin of this system. It was, and still is, completely attack-oriented.

For videos from Guy Savelli visit his Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/worldkungfu
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Favorite, street fighting. Just for the need to improvise with what you have. Says a lot more about your intelligence than basically doing a handfull of learned moves. You never know what's coming, and the sky is the limit for what you can do.

Maybe. But remember preperation and training is 90 percent of the fight. If you can stay calm under pressure and anticipate attacks, chances are you will come out on top. That's not just the .mil. That's every fight.

Some guy that's studied what I consider useless, tai quan do, can likely best me in a fight if he has been with it long enough. Even if he never uses a move of his training. Fighting is much more than devastation strikes, it's also very much about anticipation and counter attacks.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited March 2011
    Vodka, Crack, Anti-Social Personality Disorder and a baseball bat.
    Vocrasopedo- Fu bitch.

Or a clear head, remaining composed and ninja reaction speed. IME far superior to the majority of martial arts.
    It all depends who/ what type of fighter you are against.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    From now on I will be defending myself by performing "The Casey" to anyone who fucks with me.

Slamanimation.gif
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I started training again today, shit my body fucking hurts. I just held the bag for my instructor and it felt like he was straight kicking me right in the ribs. I think I might fight in a month, I can do it if I go at it everyday. But the real shithead I WANT to fight is too pussy to show his face around me. I will find you soon you fuck.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I did shotokan karate and Kung fu. I enjoyed both to be honest, but I progressed in Karate the furthest because I spent more time at it.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited May 2011
    Krav Maga; practical, easy to learn, and alot of fun.
    edited May 2011
    Some fucked up special forces/ranger hand to hand. It was a mix of Krav-maga muthai basterisation shit. Would have worked very well, very glad I never had to get that close without a weapon.

My favorite martial art, involves a rifle ;P
  • SystemicFailureSystemicFailure New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Judo
    Wrestling (Freestyle)
    Boxing & Muay Thai
  • savages_vipersavages_viper Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    i took kempo for a couple of years but hardly remember anything just blocks and the basic strikes how to fall ect i remember a lot of it was just choriographed bullshit danceing around anyway

defendu and krav maga are more to my likeing simple extremely violent attacks to get out of there fast or end the fight fast
    edited June 2011
    defendu and krav maga are more to my likeing simple extremely violent attacks to get out of there fast or end the fight fast

As demonized in U.S. culture, Krav Maga is likely, the best self defense "martial art," that I can think of. It just plain works. It's violent as shit, but it's not flashy. It's practical at it's forefront. Which is what you want in defense.
  • edited June 2011
    I just read some of TDR's wannabe tuff gui posts and they inspire me into a violent frenzy
    edited June 2011
    I just read some of TDR's wannabe tuff gui posts and they inspire me into a violent frenzy

You seem to have that effect on me. ;)
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm biased to BJJ, sorry. Really good to use in a serious situation as self defense/offense. Can seriously fuck someone up with a nice submission. 4 years of that shit, I'm a fuckin boss
  • edited June 2011
    I'm biased to BJJ, sorry. Really good to use in a serious situation as self defense/offense. Can seriously fuck someone up with a nice submission. 4 years of that shit, I'm a fuckin boss

LOL
    BJJ "fighters"
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited June 2011
    LOL
    BJJ "fighters"
    I could beat you up. I don't see what's so funny about that? Unless you find self humiliation amusing?:confused: