What do you guys think of this

WANWAN Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQIwG&b=6074817

It's not what I have in mind, which would be complete and total anonymity in election campaign donations, however it's a start. Have you guys heard of this group, Common Cause? what do you think of them?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Sounds like a good idea to me. In Canada we currently have a cap on private donations, and each party that is represented in the house gets about $3 for each vote they got in the last election when a new one is called. Our PM wants to do away with federal funding for political parties, which I think is fucking great, but also wants to remove the cap on donations from corporations and special interest groups, which I think is utter faggotry. I hope someone puts forward legislation to make all donations transparent if the majority of funding for political parties is coming from corporations and special interest groups.

C/O
    "fuck politics, no really, fuck it, it is soft and juicy, but the bitter taste can be a turn off"
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like a good idea to me. In Canada we currently have a cap on private donations, and each party that is represented in the house gets about $3 for each vote they got in the last election when a new one is called. Our PM wants to do away with federal funding for political parties, which I think is fucking great, but also wants to remove the cap on donations from corporations and special interest groups, which I think is utter faggotry. I hope someone puts forward legislation to make all donations transparent if the majority of funding for political parties is coming from corporations and special interest groups.

Why would doing away with federal funding for political parties be good? Also, can you explain in greater details the part where they get paid 3 dollars for each vote?

I like having transparency in campaign donations, however it does not sound as good as making all donations in complete anonymity, because with my way, I believe political candidates will not be influenced by those who finally back his campaign ( can't be influenced when you don't even know who pays for your campaign now, can you?)

appreciate your thoughts
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich
  • supperrfreeksupperrfreek Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    Even if the corporate cap were removed, isn't it so that anyone and their brother can form a corporation?
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like Joseph Stalin is a retard LOLOLOLOLOLOL