The hypocrisy...

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So my University and my friends Universities are the sort who are "anti drug, pro-Alcohol". Constant reminders around of how bad weed is, and that people might be doing heroin in the room next to you.

Anyway, this is the sort of shit I see, too.
d.jpg

I DO smoke Cannabis for medical use, I prefer a good shroom trip to a night out on the piss and I get off on Opiates. I have puked only twice thanks to drugs, and never hurt anyone. If anything, they improve aspects of my life (see here) and yet I still have to read this propaganda saying it's ok to fight, puke, cry and sexually harrass people.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Well it's not like your student union bar can legally sell you crack, is it?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    Universities are full of liberals, including the lecturers (I'm lucky to have met many who are certainly not politically correct). Needless to say, potheads and alcoholics piss me off. There's health benefits to both moderate cannabis use and moderate alcohol consumption, more than there is complete abstinence from these substances. The potheads and pissheads just abuse them because they're pathetic. Fuck them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Of course they wouldn't sell me crack as it's a useless drug. It does nothing for you and destroys lives after a few hits. Friends of mine have done it and I'd never touch the shit. Then again, if you told me "Of course your Uni bar wouldn't sell you booze" back in the 1920s then it would be different wouldn't it? History shows that people and views change, just look at Blacks and Slavery. The sentiment is still there but the laws have changed.

As for potheads, they piss me off too. I don't have dreads, I have 1 small Bob Marley quote poster on my bathroom door and I am in a senior position within my University so don't look like your typical "druggie".
    What I suppose I was trying to get at is - why do I have to suffer, as well as others, waking up to puddles of puke outside my house, obnoxious cunts outside my window from 2-5am and get picked on for chilling and causing nobody any annoyance? I smoke away from people in the middle of a goddamn field with friends and my other half, and no, there are no acoustic guitars or dreadlocks in sight. The reason for such extreme measures and distances? Well people say "smoking pot makes you paranoid"...no, being caught and having to deal with paperwork for things like this and my friend who was unable to walk due to Chronic pain was making me and the rest of us paranoid.

Another thing that is, especially here in England with Universities, an issue is there are campaigns to remind Students to keep quiet on the way home through town from Clubs etc. Hundreds of thousands of £££ on top of A&E costs, paperwork for the Police and institutions etc as some Students decide to piss on doors, wake up people's children by screaming abuse outside houses and stuffing shit through letterboxes?
    I drink about once a month due to a medical condition, but if people don't harrass and put me down for making my own, hospital-approved life choice, then why should I put up with the status-quo that supports their much more destructive, regardless and hedonistic one?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't say crack is a useless drug. It depends what you're using it for and of course how much and how regularly you're taking it. We call it free[base] here in the UK, it's made better than the nigger way, usually the "foilie method."
  • edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Of course they wouldn't sell me crack as it's a useless drug. It does nothing for you and destroys lives after a few hits. Friends of mine have done it and I'd never touch the shit. Then again, if you told me "Of course your Uni bar wouldn't sell you booze" back in the 1920s then it would be different wouldn't it? History shows that people and views change, just look at Blacks and Slavery. The sentiment is still there but the laws have changed.

My statement concerned the union's inability to openly sell illegal substances, not an arbitrary concept of their relative 'usefulness' or... black slaves. Why should the NUS promote the consumption of a substance from which they can generate no legal profit and will likely only garner negative political and legal ramifications from said promotion?
  • NIKOLASNIKOLAS New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    Just like they brought up the e-cigarrette , they should invent an e-drug, that way everyone could smoke e perfict, everywhere and with no hassle at all, after all, the drugs are affecting certain brain functions, so how difficult can it be to make an e-drug that will be safe and without bad addiction.

We could become the elite and without gene problems as well.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    So my University and my friends Universities are the sort who are "anti drug, pro-Alcohol". Constant reminders around of how bad weed is, and that people might be doing heroin in the room next to you.

You chose your friends. You know what to do.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You chose your friends. You know what to do.

Getting rid of Facebook helped that a lot, but it was for a lot of reasons, with this thread subject not really being a factor - but still :)