We deserve this more than you facebook

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Now the green logo is ours. Fuck You Facebook....:angry:

TRUSTe_verify.png

What a fuckin joke!!! :facepalm:

TRUSTe Program. Failbook has been awarded TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this privacy policy and practices have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's program requirements. If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy policy or practices, please contact us by mail at 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 or through this help page. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.This privacy policy covers the website www.facebook.com. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, and does not cover other information, such as information that may be collected through software downloaded from Failbook.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I am confused. What's TRUSTe? Should I be glad that I deleted my account the other day?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I am confused. What's TRUSTe? Should I be glad that I deleted my account the other day?
    I got a couple of emails from friends telling me they wanted me to join facebook today.....No biggy got these before. Their bad for not checking privacy settings before registration.
    I thought "Fuck It" I'll go over facebooks privacy policy. It apperantly goes deeper than this one page. :(
    I found it quite interesting. Kind of " we respect your privacy as long as you do this" type BS.
    Makes me wonder how they got the green for go logo. :mad:

Failbook Privacy Policy

TRUSTe

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Meh, fires e-mails for the Greenlogo.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    E-mail send, apparently you have to buy the packages.
  • edited May 2011
    Do we have a privacy policy written up for everyone to see, Dfg? :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Do we have a privacy policy written up for everyone to see, Dfg? :D

ToS should cover that I think those guys help you write a privacy policy.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I'm glad people are starting to catch on to this.
    Access Device and Browser Information. When you access Facebook from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
  • edited May 2011
    Fuck Facebook. Facebook records your every location (because technically when you use Facebook on a smartphone, you're ALWAYS logged in) so it must record every single place you go.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't have facebook. I value privacy.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited May 2011
    Just add the image at the bottom to the site without asking them. No one would know it's a 'fake'.
    edited May 2011
    Just add the image at the bottom to the site without asking them. No one would know it's a 'fake'.
    lololol Word.
    I can add a modified duplicate of their web page in dinky we can link the image to. :D
  • edited May 2011
    Wouldn't that be a bit retarded though? We're trying to advertise our privacy here, and by linking to a fake site with a fake image, we make our privacy look a little fake too :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Why not make our own logo and call Totse Community Privacy etc.
  • edited May 2011
    Why not make our own logo, and make our own privacy service which we give to other websites who meet awesome privacy standards? :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Why not make our own logo, and make our own privacy service which we give to other websites who meet awesome privacy standards? :D

I was thinking this. Fuck facebook and the others, they're a goddamn joke and are STILL popular to the sheeple.
  • edited May 2011
    I still think we should get some kind of Anti Facebook campaign going for the lulz. Not that it would actually get anywhere, but it might help to raise awareness that people's privacy is at stake when they use Facebook's shitty services.
  • edited May 2011
    I still think we should get some kind of Anti Facebook campaign going for the lulz. Not that it would actually get anywhere, but it might help to raise awareness that people's privacy is at stake when they use Facebook's shitty services.

How do we get to people who use Facebook without using Facebook?
    edited May 2011
    Wouldn't that be a bit retarded though? We're trying to advertise our privacy here, and by linking to a fake site with a fake image, we make our privacy look a little fake too :(
    It would've been a protest for giving one of these things to facebook. & teh lulz!
    Not srsbsnz bro. :D
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited May 2011
    Regarding trust-e, they're a CIA front company, not exactly who I want to be "certifying" my privacy.

The CIA linked to Internet Privacy Watchdog!

And there is already an anti-facebook campaign, its called diaspora :)
    edited May 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    Regarding trust-e, they're a CIA front company, not exactly who I want to be "certifying" my privacy.

^ MOAR!
    The CIA and your Online Privacy.

In-Q-Tel is a venture capital firm set up by the CIA to fund technologies and business's that they believe can further their intelligence gathering capabilities.
    There are some disturbing links between In-Q-Tel and many other online businesses some of which are involved in protecting your online privacy.

At first glance TRUSTe seems to be just another privacy protection agency without any links to the CIA.
    The first part of this post will deal with TRUSTe and previous privacy concerns dealing with TRUSTe and their member companies, their acceptance of investment and their move to a "for profit" organization and finally the links connecting TRUSTe, Accel Partners, In-Q-Tel and the CIA and other intelligence gathering and Government arms.

TRUSTe is an online privacy firm that certifies many sites on the internet.

The TRUSTe site.

http://www.truste.org/

And a description of them on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRUSTe

Chur skunky bro. :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Fuck skunk saved the day.

Already listed for diaspora. What we need is a political campaign. I know just the right place to start.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited May 2011
    No problem, I didn't research and compile that information though. mojo is the real brains behind the operation, must have taken him hours and hours.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    skunk wrote: »

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg