How not to run a farm.

buddhabuddha Regular
edited May 2011 in Life
So WAN the other day reminded me of a little story.

The year before last, I was browsing around for something to do because I was a bit bored. Well there are a lot of places (organic farms and shit) where people well pay you room + board for a few hours work a day.

Anyways, long story short. Ducklips and I ended up at this farm in Missouri, If you could call it a farm.

Everything was working out well. The farm was ran by a guy(50ish) and his daughter(21), his daughter also had a daughter(2). Through a strange turn of events I later found out that his daughters daughter, was also his daughter. Turns out he had been raping/molesting his own daughter since she was 4 years old.

I ended up convincing her to call the police, and now this jackass is serving 50 years in jail, when they arrested him, the feds had all ready been building a case on him for distribution of CP and shit. And I'm not talking jail bait, which we all love, but like 2,3,4 year olds.

Article on his sentencing.

Well afterwards she didn't really care to continue on the farming thing, so I had convinced her to let me take over the payments (in her name) Basically I'd make the payment on the land and consider it rent, and when she felt like it the farm would still be there for her.

Well this bitch was out of control without her daddy controlling/dicking her, she figured if we would make the land payment on this pile of shit someone else would surely want to pay double for the same priveledge. I ended up finding the CL post of her trying to rent it out from under us for double, while still telling us our deal was a go.

Then on top of that this bitch kept selling crop shares, at more than $300 USD each, for produce she wasn't fucking growing.

So me and ducklips got out of there, and eventually the bitch ended up getting forclosed on.

We went to a completely undeveloped chunk of land to clear it for another guy who was buying land from the same guy like 20 minutes away. Ducklips couldn't take the cold and living in the tent, until we could clear enough land for a trailer to be brought in, so she went back home. Within days of her leaving this guy started getting all kinds of batshit crazy ass ideas of things to do on his land (20 acres btw), like running cattle and shit. He didn't have enough land for the amount of cows he wanted to run.

He also didn't have a lot of money, I basically got paid in beer and smokes, plus being able to camp, and he bought the food. Well 5 acres of that land was mature cedar forest. Since he didn't have a lot of money I told him not to touch it, that way if he needed extra cash for a land payment or something he could take a load of them cedar trees to the cedar mill and get some money.

Well he calls me up one day, and tells me to start cutting them down, and build a log cabin. The trees were not nearly big enough around for it. He told me to build a fireplace in it also out of the rocks on the land. Totally something I am capable of doing, just a huge ass waste of resources.

Soon after that I left.

Just thought someone might find this story interesting.

Lesson learned: Keep shit simple and start small.

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    No comments? Weird.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    I think a good example of how not to run a farm can be given by just looking at how the niggers run them in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Your story doesn't surprise me either, it was a woman you were dealing with, afterall.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    I think a good example of how not to run a farm can be given by just looking at how the niggers run them in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Your story doesn't surprise me either, it was a woman you were dealing with, afterall.

Explain?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    So I have some property that needs some work.I'll let you pitch a tent in my back yard and I'll pay you with cigars and vodka, deal?
    I'll even toss in some food,pizza chips what ever.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    So I have some property that needs some work.I'll let you pitch a tent in my back yard and I'll pay you with cigars and vodka, deal?
    I'll even toss in some food,pizza chips what ever.

Well I have kids and my gf to take care of now, or I would take you up on it, seriously. lol
  • edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Explain?

President Mugabe kicked the white people off Zimbabwe's farms as part of his reclaiming of 'black' land from the white colonizers. Problem is that he gave the farms to his thugs and henchman who certainly knew how to beat the shit out of heavily outnumbered white farmholders, but knew nothing about planting crops or maintaining livestock.

The result was famine.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    President Mugabe kicked the white people off Zimbabwe's farms as part of his reclaiming of 'black' land from the white colonizers. Problem is that he gave the farms to his thugs and henchman who certainly knew how to beat the shit out of heavily outnumbered white farmholders, but knew nothing about planting crops or maintaining livestock.

The result was famine.

Oh, interesting.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Nice story

God dam, you do something nice for her and she tries to fuck ya over. sounds like daddy fucked her up.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Oh, interesting.

Not really, I personally find the stories about Mugabe's youth rape camps far more engaging.

I just can't get quite as involved in stories about fields of potatoes, etc...
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Not really, I personally find the stories about Mugabe's youth rape camps far more engaging.

I just can't get quite as involved in stories about fields of potatoes, etc...

I think the whites get pissed off in that their families have often invested several generations improving the land, and the farmer who is evicted knows that in a few short years the 100 years + work his family has put into the soil will be blown away in the wind.

The whites arrived in that part of Africa not long after the blacks whos decendants populate the place to this day. All they did when the whites were not their was have pointless wars - they could just not live together for the common good.

The whites know, that with their leaving, the clock will wind back 500 years. Must be hard when it is something you have always known and loved and have to start of some where else in a new land.