Drum tobacco

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Life
Anyone else here think this stuff tastes like crap? Its how I would imagine a dusty old man cock would taste and although I can tolerate a couple of drags it just rapes my mouth. I end up spitting loads and looking like a rough teenage prick - but I'm not. Well, I'm not a teenager.

Anyone else agree? Drum Gold is just about bearable, but marginally.

Edit - also how do you avoid spitting enough to fill 1/4 bottle (300ml)? Its mad.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Fucking hate the stuff. It's really dry, it's like smoking dust. In fact, I think I'd prefer to smoke dust. Golden Virginia is my favorite, tastes much better and is a lot nicer to smoke.

Spitting? Drink water or something. Or chew gum. I dunno.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Anyone else here think this stuff tastes like crap? Its how I would imagine a dusty old man cock would taste and although I can tolerate a couple of drags it just rapes my mouth.

How many sucks of a dusty old man's cock do you think you could tolerate?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Fucking hate the stuff. It's really dry, it's like smoking dust. In fact, I think I'd prefer to smoke dust. Golden Virginia is my favorite, tastes much better and is a lot nicer to smoke.

Spitting? Drink water or something. Or chew gum. I dunno.

No. Drum is of a superior quality to Golden Virginia. Drum is of the perfect fine cut, although it it is a half cut tobbaco. It is of the perfect moisture content for rolling. Golden Virginia, on the other hand, should be called Golden Retriever as is is the same colour and it is so wet it that it is like a dog pissed on it.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I like drum and bali shag.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Can't stand Drum, personally. My go-to for rolling tobacco is Stokkabye Amsterdam Shag. Great flavor, really mellow so long as you keep it from completely drying out. Goes into tubes better if you leave it out for a few hours, but after that it needs to be closed back up.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Never smoked drum, i normally smoke port royal

port.royal.original.50g.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    Drums the sorta shit they serve you in jail. Fuck that! :(

This is me...

158111826_full.jpg
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Drums the sorta shit they serve you in jail. Fuck that! :(

This is me...

158111826_full.jpg

You have not been to jail in the UK. They sell Drum and Golden Virginia in some of the UK prisons and prison tobbaco - its good awful and comes in a plain green plastic pouch. When I was asking my bro how much it cost (he had been on his holidays) he said the Drum and GV were on par with outside prices, the prison tobbaco was £3.50 for 'as much as you can carry'.

Sometimes you can get the prison tobbaco in shops and pubs under the counter. It is fucking rank. The only way I found I could get away with it was to mix it 1 part prison mix and 9 parts drum.

I think I have said before that GV made one called GV Dark. That was a damp tobbaco, but smokable - it was very sweet. Have not seen it for years.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You have not been to jail in the UK. They sell Drum and Golden Virginia in some of the UK prisons and prison tobbaco - its good awful and comes in a plain green plastic pouch. When I was asking my bro how much it cost (he had been on his holidays) he said the Drum and GV were on par with outside prices, the prison tobbaco was £3.50 for 'as much as you can carry'.

Sometimes you can get the prison tobbaco in shops and pubs under the counter. It is fucking rank. The only way I found I could get away with it was to mix it 1 part prison mix and 9 parts drum.

I think I have said before that GV made one called GV Dark. That was a damp tobbaco, but smokable - it was very sweet. Have not seen it for years.

You have got me thinking now. I can sort of tolerate Drum now, but it's either GV or Cutters choice (at a push). I am rather curious about GV Gold, but it's not very common.
    As for Prison baccie, I will have to ask my mate. Sounds pretty interesting, especially as it's so cheap for as much as you can grab, and the plain green pouch (minus the numerous health warnings and logos/branding which I suppose the Govt want to ban now anyway). Seems like Prisons are Government Policy sandpits for testing.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited May 2011
    I like Bugler.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You have not been to jail in the UK. They sell Drum and Golden Virginia in some of the UK prisons and prison tobbaco
    Here, prison tobacco gets the title "boob weed" It normally comes in a clear plastic bag. It doesn't have a name but it taste exactly like "Drum Blue". You can get different brands but the prison shit is cheaper by far. :(
  • edited May 2011
    I never much liked it; stopped using it altogether when a cook I worked with told me a story about how one guy he worked with would roll cigs for people because he knew they wudnt ask him for smokes again after they used it(a diff cook asked me if I was a bum because I was smoking it lol)