Do animals experience the emotion known as anger

WANWAN Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just like humans? I know that most animals can feel fear, because evolutionarily speaking it's a very "ancient" emotion, so almost all animals can experience. But what about anger? I am guessing some animals probably can, because i remember when I was playing with my Pekingese puppy, when I tried to take things she had in her mouth from her, she made this "grr, grr" sound like she was mad. So that's how I know she was (probably) mad.

So totse, what is your thought on this subject? Can animals get mad too?

Comments

• NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeh, my dog gives us the silent treatment everytime he comes back from a haircut.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    I would say yes. I had a pair of red-ear slider turtles and whenever I had salmon and didn't give them some, they both would get in their shells and nail the fuck out of me whenever I attempted to touch them or scrub their shell during the afternoon. I'd even say they experience resentment. The anger would last up to 2 days and on the third they would cool down.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    Do animals experience the emotion known as anger?

Niggers are animals.
    Niggers experience the emotion known as anger.
    Animals experience the emotion known as anger.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited May 2011
  • VegetaRobGTVegetaRobGT Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    Well duh they do. Want me to stick one of my pitt bulls on you? They be steady mobbin.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes. As an example on my property there is a pond. This is a true story Anyway some geese decided to lay there eggs there. When they hatched I took a sword and killed one of their young. In order to kill an adult goose I managed to capturer a baby one alive. I dangled it in front of the adult goose and it kept getting angrier and angrier and wanted to attack.

I ended up standing their for around a minute dangling it and eventually broke the young gooses leg. At this point the adult tried to come forward and attacked and I managed to cut it's head off with one swipe. So yes it's anger led to it's death. I went on to torture the young goose to death afterwards.It was a good day.
    If what you said is true, you are a sick individual and you deserve death
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't think so. My dogs are always either happy or scared to see me.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited May 2011
    the answer is yes . i think every kind of species can feel anger. take a fucking gorilla for example if you hit a baby gorilla on the head with a pipe , you better fucking get the fuck outta there because the clan or the leader of the clan is going to fucking beat the shit out of you.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't think so. My dogs are always either happy or scared to see me.

they dont get angry because they know you , but if you start ass raping them hard or beat the shit outta them you'll see that your dogs will turn on you and give you a new asshole.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes. As an example on my property there is a pond. This is a true story Anyway some geese decided to lay there eggs there. When they hatched I took a sword and killed one of their young. In order to kill an adult goose I managed to capturer a baby one alive. I dangled it in front of the adult goose and it kept getting angrier and angrier and wanted to attack.

I ended up standing their for around a minute dangling it and eventually broke the young gooses leg. At this point the adult tried to come forward and attacked and I managed to cut it's head off with one swipe. So yes it's anger led to it's death. I went on to torture the young goose to death afterwards.It was a good day.

You are a fucking tard then. Anyone with half a brain would have waited until the young got to good eating size and killed them quick so the meat would not get stressed.

If you did not want to eat or preserve them yourself, I am sure you must have a Chinese restraunt or take away close by who would have bought hem from you.

Torturing something to death? Dont see the point. If you are going to kill something, do it quick. The end result is better. Unless something is going to be food for you, a pet or for sale, or is a pest speices, dont kill it.
    edited May 2011
    WAN wrote: »
    Just like humans? I know that most animals can feel fear, because evolutionarily speaking it's a very "ancient" emotion, so almost all animals can experience. But what about anger?

To quote another:
    Be advised that anger is fear announced.

I think that is pretty much an undeniable truth, and as such, logically, those animals with a higher level of mental function - think of mamalian animals in the first instance - as have fish, reptiles amphibians and in fact all order of animals - when threatened display a response called Fight or Flight.

Fear = Flight Fear+anger = Fight.

It stands to reason that any animal that displays the Fight response is showing anger. Well, as much as you can ascribe human emotions to as diverse a range of creature from the pig to the butterfly and beyond.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited May 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    they dont get angry because they know you , but if you start ass raping them hard or beat the shit outta them you'll see that your dogs will turn on you and give you a new asshole.

Not true. I beat the shit out of one of my dogs and now she just gets startled a lot, no anger or anything.
    edited May 2011
    Not true. I beat the shit out of one of my dogs and now she just gets startled a lot, no anger or anything.

You either gave it a lobotomy kick, or it is waiting.

Ensure it cannot be in the same room as you while you sleep.