Sitting Down Is Killing You

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I read that before and now I take breaks from sitting.
  • edited June 2011
    I've been sitting down so much lately that it's getting BORING and horrible. Every time I sit down, I think about how much I hate it. Going out on my bike today though, should be fun :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've been sitting down so much lately that it's getting BORING and horrible. Every time I sit down, I think about how much I hate it. Going out on my bike today though, should be fun :)

Good luck, I am going out now as well, 3:44 Pm IRL work.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited June 2011
    This sucks for me because my job requires me to sit for many hours a day. I will take time to walk around as much as possible when not sitting. Thanks for this informatibe article. It has also helped explain to me the possible health issues of people I know.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    i don't usually walk and masturbate.. guess it's about time to start worrying :o
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've been sitting down so much lately that it's getting BORING and horrible. Every time I sit down, I think about how much I hate it.

Same here, even if i sit down to watch a movie or play some game on the computer it just feels wrong for some reason.

Frequent breaks and a speedy walk atleast once a day helps but not always possible for people that have a job that requires them sitting alot.
  • edited June 2011
    IIRC sitting for prolonged periods also increases the likelyhood of developing bowel disease.

Allegedly, going to the gym afterwards makes no difference.
  • lampylampy Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Was anyone else more interested in the design of the article? Good info though. Remember though that we hunted wooly mammoth thousands of years ago and our bodies probably adapt somewhat over time.
  • edited June 2011
    lampy wrote: »
    Was anyone else more interested in the design of the article? Good info though. Remember though that we hunted wooly mammoth thousands of years ago and our bodies probably adapt somewhat over time.

It takes time to adapt: deskjobs haven't exactly featured much over the course of human history.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to have a standing desk I rigged up (just stacking shit really) but I had to leave some of the stuff behind when I moved. It was great though. :)
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck this shit. Sitting 10 hrs all day
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    I hate when i sit on my balls :(
  • fuckfuck New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    I hate when i sit on my balls :(

Lol, yeah, shit sucks.
  • edited June 2011
    Try sitting on your arse instead.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    i don't usually walk and masturbate.. guess it's about time to start worrying :o
    I like to do star jumps while masturbating. :o