Going for a walk with Thirdrockfromthesun

edited June 2011 in Life
The other day, me and Thirdrock got bored and decided to take a wander around the place. I'd read about an old train track which used to run between mine and Thirdrock's locations, so we met up and decided to see what was left of it. Unfortunately there were no tracks left, but there was a cool tunnel/bridge which the tracks would run over.

WL.jpg

Here's the tunnel from the inside. I admire the brickwork and how long it must have taken to build something like this. Pretty awesome.

if.jpg

Next to the tunnel/bridge was this waterway, which shares similar brickwork.

qL.jpg

We eventually found a way up to the top of the bridge. It doesn't look very high from the picture, but it made me feel a little woosy when looking over the edge - especially as it had no walls and some slippery gravel underfoot.

Sc.jpg

Making our way to the other side so we could look over the edge. There was a bunch of these concrete blocks scattered around the place which was interesting. Not sure what they were used for - any ideas?

8s.jpg

Here's what it looked like when looking over the edge at the other side of the bridge...

kg.jpg

Still on top of the bridge, we turned right and headed into a small clearing. Looks like someone had been having a BBQ, and they'd drunk a whole fucking BOX of Capri Sun drinks. WTF?

rH.jpg

Here's the BBQ... Looks tasty.

0Q.jpg

We also found a barrel of solvent degreaser laying in the undergrowth. Looks nice and environmentally damaging :D

WA.jpg

We got bored and eventually began our trek back the other way, along the trail where the train track would have once laid. Now it's overgrown as fuck, but it's cool to think that a train used to run there. I was wearing shorts, which was a baaaaaad idea. Lots of stinging nettles :thumbsdown:

QU.jpg

Poking my camera into the nearby foliage, I discovered that we had walked right past a golf course. If you look closely, you can see someone carrying their clubs across the course. I kept my eyes out for stray golf balls but couldn't find any :(

2o.jpg

Finally, we came to a clearing and I could remove the thorns from my legs :mad: Fucking undergrowth. Looking past the clearing, you can see that it clearly gets overgrown once again though :facepalm:

V1.jpg

Hey look, a field. I wonder if we can make it through the hedge and into there... Definitely a much easier way to walk.

zK.jpg

Sure enough, we found a way through and into this nice cornfield. Luckily the corn hasn't grown yet, so it's just a bunch of green shit to walk on. Much better than the overgrown path from before :D

Cv.jpg

See the hedgerow on the horizon in my previous picture? Well, we walked over the field and ended up there. Behind the hedgerow was this pathway with some houses on the left. Pretty nice place to live.

Aw.jpg

We came across some CP, hidden in the bush!

nF.jpg

We walked through some woods and eventually emerged into this nice looking meadow. Must be a good place to go and chill, and I enjoyed wandering through there with the sun burning the fuck out of me :D

Sq4.jpg

Finally, we went back into civilization and found an old CRT monitor on the floor.

k3.jpg

And that concludes the walk which Thirdrock and I did the other day. Good fun :thumbsup:

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2011
    Yeah man, this was some good shit. Just after that small clearing we came through some old fella' with a hiking stick came close up behind us. When we found the entrance to the field, he carried on through the growths. I wonder how that worked out for him.
  • edited June 2011
    That old man sneaked up on me just as I let out a huge "HOLY SHIT" after getting stung. I turned around and he didn't look too impressed, but I said hello anyway. I'm glad we got onto the field when we did, to be honest.
  • edited June 2011
    MOAR PIX OF TEH BLOXXXX

I can't tell what they cud b for with one picture which partially captures one :P
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    Whose fatass legs are those? lol@ the jeans/ fucking uggo
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Beautiful hi-res photos :) You must have a good camera.
  • edited June 2011
    Whose fatass legs are those? lol@ the jeans/ fucking uggo

They're Thirdrock's legs, lol.
    Beautiful hi-res photos You must have a good camera.

Hahaha, are you joking man? I have a point and shoot 10 megapixel Panasonic camera, and it's not too bad. It takes alright pictures I guess, but you can't do much with it in terms of settings and actually using it properly. The pictures were waaaaay bigger but I had to resize them as they were 5MB each :D

As for the concrete blocks - they looked exactly as it does in the picture but as a big cube. Imagine a big concrete cube, like that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    You need to work on image angles.

More over, WTF, I have the same CRT.
  • edited June 2011
    I wasn't trying to take particularly photographic pictures man. I don't know shit about photography, I was just taking snaps as I walked along :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to take particularly photographic pictures man. I don't know shit about photography, I was just taking snaps as I walked along :)

hardcore.jpg

Taken while driving a car.

HARD CORE BITCHES!
  • edited June 2011
    Why do Pakistani's wear like... Robes?
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited June 2011
    Srsly have you never drank a whole box of capri sun to your self?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Why do Pakistani's wear like... Robes?

LOLOLOL - the man has a dress on.