The Electric Eel Car

DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Life
in the future, everyone will drive cars that are powered by electric eels. they are a renewable energy resource, not like oil or the sun (the sun will run out, eventually)

all we need to power everything is electric eels. Why not breed electric eels so we can have electric eel power plants?

with the electric eel car, you don't even need to charge your vehicle. you just have an aquarium of electric eels where your engine is.

in conclusion,

My solution to shift over from a fossil fuel energies to electric eel energy resources will solve our environmental problems once and for all.

MorayEel.jpg

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Wont work, Electric ell doesn't produce continous electricty, it's basically a shock and that shocj is too brief to do much good. Plus, once you consider the variables, a large pool, supply of feed, water cleaning, equipment it doesn't work that well.

So, in short you can shove an eel up your asshole and get buzzed but it won't do shit when you're talking about your house using it.
  • edited June 2011
    I think we should just stick to cars which run on straight up gasoline instead of using those electric ones. Normal cars SOUND better, for some reason look better, and it's cool to think that you're sitting in something which uses explosions to make it move.

I just wouldn't swap a turbocharged V8 with a badass dump valve for a piece of metal which runs on Duracell, ever.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited June 2011
    Peta would never allow it.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited June 2011
    Peta would never allow it.

This ^
    But then again, PETA is a failure.
    PETA is the only organization to bribe people with videogames and naked women...

and fail.
  • DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    I assumed you knew that I was going to attach the electric eels to the electric motor, how else would the electric eel car work?

Electric eel car's are the future, and your just afraid of the future.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    The future is here today :cool:

eelcar.png
    edited June 2011
    What point. Just put electrodes into the tank of the aquarium and make sure you keep poking the electric eels with a stick. You can probably automatize poking the electric eel with a mechanical poker powered by the electricity that you get from the eels.
  • edited June 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wont work, Electric ell doesn't produce continous electricty, it's basically a shock and that shocj is too brief to do much good. Plus, once you consider the variables, a large pool, supply of feed, water cleaning, equipment it doesn't work that well.

So, in short you can shove an eel up your asshole and get buzzed but it won't do shit when you're talking about your house using it.

The answer could be to create a GM organism derived from electric eels that could produce a continous electrical current. It could be fueled by scraps from the kitchen and maybe the odd sandwich.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    According to wikipedia "Keeping electric eels in captivity is difficult and mostly limited to zoos and aquariums, although a few hobbyists have been known to keep them as pets. An electric eel requires an aquarium of at least 200 gallons. It generally must be kept in the tank by itself, although adult electric eels generally tolerate one another. Young electric eels will often fight if placed in the same aquarium" . Sounds like you would need multiple tanks for the eels, or genetically modify the eel to produce more current.

EDIT: You could use batteries to store the energy the eels produce eliminating the problem of not getting constant current from them.
    edited June 2011
    You said to put the tank where the engine is, and I said you needed an electric motor. Where the fuck are you going to put it if there is a fish tank in the only logical place a motor would fit. :thumbsdown: You whole troll idea is bad. If buddha was around, he would move this obvious troll thread to HB where it belongs, or NIMF if vozhde doesn't want it either.

Put the electric motor wherever you want. It's a great idea and you know it. You've just been bought off by Exxon Mobil to badmouth any alternatives to gasoline powered vehicles.