I'm going to move to Britain to gain the accent

edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm tired of my southern accent, everyone thinks I'm a hick.

:mad: Bitches love british accents :mad:

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited June 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    I'm tired of my southern accent, everyone thinks I'm a hick.

:mad: Bitches love british accents :mad:

This. I'm tired of people asking if I'm from Texas or Mississippi. :facepalm:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah me too. Tired of fucking southern hicks thinking I'm a weirdo.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    lol, call center any one.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to work in a call centre and this Christian lady asked me if I was from India, I said no, then she said, It's ok that your from India.

wtf lady I am NOT from India
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm moving to australia to get my accent, or russia cuz i will b most handsomest man 4 all them. i got a slight tx accent but idc. them calinigs hate on u vine?
  • SemSem Regular
    edited June 2011
    WAN wrote: »
    I used to work in a call centre and this Christian lady asked me if I was from India, I said no, then she said, It's ok that your from India.

I have the same thing happen to me. Kept telling the lady that I was from Texas and she couldn't believe me.

Course what's weirder is that I don't have a southern accent. :confused:
  • edited June 2011
    I love that southern accent in a classy white boy.. :) Such a country boy.. hawt.. lol But I do approve of the English accent as well.. As for me, I practice non-regional diction daily. :D
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    British accents for men make you seem more educated and intellectual.

British accents for women are horrendous. Unlike Australian or New Zealand, British accents do not sound sexy, especially when they start using their cheese dick british slang.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    British accents for women are horrendous.

They sound like whining sluts when they talk :mad:
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited June 2011
    I love that southern accent in a classy white boy.. :) Such a country boy.. hawt.. lol But I do approve of the English accent as well.. As for me, I practice non-regional diction daily. :D

I'm going to say something, and I don't know how it's going to come out; I'll just say it: I wanna be on you!

:eek:
    :fap:

:):sad:
  • ocelotocelot Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    I don't have a southern accent. :confused:
    That's what you think.
  • ocelotocelot Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    British accents do not sound sexy.

It depends on what part of england they're from. Some are damn near impossible to understand. Others are nice and smooth. Either way, you'll get laid faster in the UK than just about any other country. Those girls are so slutty.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited June 2011
    ^at this place where I used to work, there was a guy from UK and I could NOT understand A word he was saying. He was very good looking though.
  • edited June 2011
    I wonder which would be easier to spot, someone from the Southern US faking a British accent, or someone from Britain faking a Southern US accent. The British accent might be good for narrating documentaries, but nothing puts the fear of god into a tourist like a cop with a southern accent.

C/O
    "'Y'all aren't from around here, are you?'
    'No good sir, I am sorry if my haste distracted you from your more important duties, I shall pay whatever levy you require. May I ask your help in finding the hamlet of Mayberry?, I long to wax pastoral and gaze upon it's green acres.'
    -CLICK-
    'Y'all aren't from around here, are you?.'"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    ^hahahah C/O.

I downloaded an Audio Book that helps in developing an accent. It's for American and British. I was learning the American one but after reading this thread, I am reconsidering.
    The Lowdown Improve Your Speech - American English
    The Lowdown Improve Your Speech - British English - Level 2

I guess I should start looking for Level 1 then.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    pip.jpg

"You fucking better believe it, Vineman!"
    C/O
    "'Y'all aren't from around here, are you?'
    'No good sir, I am sorry if my haste distracted you from your more important duties, I shall pay whatever levy you require. May I ask your help in finding the hamlet of Mayberry?, I long to wax pastoral and gaze upon it's green acres.'
    -CLICK-
    'Y'all aren't from around here, are you?.'"

Had a good laugh at that. I can fake a Southern accent somewhat (bland Brit accent FTW) but yeah. If some Super-Trooper style Cop came up to me and looked like a Jesse James reincarnation, my ass would quiver like a rabbit's nose.
  • edited June 2011
    I hate my accent. I think it sounds horrible but other people say it's alright. I've cut out a lot of slang and lazy speech though so it definitely sounds better.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    They sound like whining sluts when they talk :mad:

That's just the sound of a woman in general. There's no such thing as a British accent. Britain is made up of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. There are hundreds of different accents spoken across the entire British Isles. Here are just some of the varied forms of enunciation present in the British Isles:

Home Counties/Posh- South east England.
    Cockney- London
    Brummie- Birmingham
    Mancunian- Manchester
    Liverpudlian- Liverpool
    Northern
    Scottish
    Welsh
    Irish

I assume that the accent people, typically yanks, are most commonly referring to when they say "British accent" is the home counties accent which is spoken in some parts of south east England.
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I hate my accent. I think it sounds horrible but other people say it's alright. I've cut out a lot of slang and lazy speech though so it definitely sounds better.

Init.
    edited June 2011
    Fackin' mingers. The lot-o' ya.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    lolwdf i must've been high when I posted here.

FUCKING DISGUSTING BRITS. ESPECIALLY THAT NIGGER NEGROPHOBE
    edited June 2011
    Fuck you, beaner :thumbsup:
  • edited June 2011
    I practice my southern accent weekly

goddamn spanish accent likes to creep in to my aryan white speech sometimes :mad:
  • berk1023berk1023 Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    must have stumbled in a site that does not have a new crochet pattern..
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    Move to Poland.

Polish people have bigger dicks.

Let's face it, that's their only hope for a space program.
    edited July 2011
    In Italy there were a load of Yanks there at the hotel on my last night, and my accent confused them. I was staying "with m'nan" but they had no idea I was saying "my nan". They just looked in awe.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited August 2011
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    That's just the sound of a woman in general. There's no such thing as a British accent. Britain is made up of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. There are hundreds of different accents spoken across the entire British Isles.

This.

Go ten miles down the road and there is most likley a new accent. Hell, sometimes the next village over has a slightly diffrent way of speeking.

OP: youtube "geordie" and "scouse" accents for a laugh.
    edited August 2011
    Lysdexic wrote: »
    This.

OP: youtube "geordie" and "scouse" accents for a laugh.

Yes, but for a laugh and nothing more.
    Fuck those accents annoy me. I have relatives who live in Birmingham. 'Nuff said.