my friend

Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
My friends brother was found when she got home from work. He was hanging in her bathroom and had been for a few hours. I just dont understand How anyone could leave that visual for them to come across when they get home?? I find it selfish and disturbing at the same time but i am so thankful her son didnt walk in there and see that. I find this to be truly sad. :( I often wonder what brought people to that ultimate low, what was on their mind that caused them to want to take their own life. Anyone ever experience this before?Ever been this down that you have thought out how you wanted to kill yourself?

Comments

• SemSem Regular
    edited June 2011
    He was hanging in her bathroom and had been for a few hours. I just dont understand How anyone could leave that visual for them to come across when they get home??

Usually when people kill themselves they aren't thinking about the long term conseqences as much as escape from their situation whatever it may be.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    Poor Kid. Hanging yourself must the least desirable way to go.

But, really, no suicide leaves a pretty image.

Jumping in front of a train would be my way.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited June 2011
    its sad in all forms of suicide. Your leaving friends and family behind picking up the pieces and trying to move on in life.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited June 2011
    its sad in all forms of suicide. Your leaving friends and family behind picking up the pieces and trying to move on in life.
    Actually I think the family and friends are left behind taking down the pieces :o
  • ocelotocelot Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    It's totally understandable. Texas is the most shitty of all shitholes. It may as well be somalia or zimbabwe. It's hot as fuck all summer, prone to droughts, full of obese people that smell FUCKING AWFUL and seem to think that it's funny to smell this way and be fat slobs, and the women are mostly nasty sluts. There's also no shortage of hostile shitbag mexicans eyeballing you if you're white. So, not surprised he hung himself. I'm just surprised more people in texas don't do it. People usually come here for one thing, a job. But it's not worth it...
  • edited June 2011
    owned
    DS is right, if one of my relative killed themselves I would be ashamed to be related to them
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    I just dont understand... I find it selfish... i am so thankful... I find this... I often wonder...

Think about his feelings for a change. It's an act of weakness as others have said, but this is him, not you.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    if i knew my sibling was friends with you, id probably hang myself too
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    ocelot wrote: »
    It's totally understandable. Texas is the most shitty of all shitholes. It may as well be somalia or zimbabwe. It's hot as fuck all summer, prone to droughts, full of obese people that smell FUCKING AWFUL and seem to think that it's funny to smell this way and be fat slobs, and the women are mostly nasty sluts. There's also no shortage of hostile shitbag mexicans eyeballing you if you're white. So, not surprised he hung himself. I'm just surprised more people in texas don't do it. People usually come here for one thing, a job. But it's not worth it...

then move you whiny little bitch!
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited June 2011
    There has only been one point in my life that I have ever considered for a brief moment committing suicide. The thought was quelled in less than a second. It was in a moment of utter weakness when I was dope sick. I immediately realized the folly of my thought and reprimanded myself for being so stupid and selfish. I love my existence too much to end it. I don't understand suicide.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited June 2011
    Suicide is selfish and it's a cop-out. Most people don't mean it. I often think about the people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge and how they feel while they are falling. That fall is long enough to think twice about what you are doing.

My sister swallowed a bottle of iron pills, I was seven. I'm still pissed at her for leaving me here alone with our Mother.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    If someone wants to kill himself I usually give them clear instructions on how do it and I make sure to add all the gory details. It usually snaps them out of it. Anyone can be suicidal at any given time. You just need to look for signs.

I recommend going through his stuff and piecing together his life bit by bit. It might give you some more information.

I think he killed himself due to depression or drug use.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited June 2011
    TBH when you get to that point you don't think of anyone else but you and getting out of the situation. Then again the couple of times I did it was more a cry for help.

That was a few years ago. Bad times.

Also if I had to kill myself and had a choice I'd choose this:
    dr-strangelove-7.jpg
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited June 2011
    More women attempt suicide, yet more males succeed at it.
    Your friends brother may have had his reasons but doing it in her room was the worst thing he could do.

I have had a few friends kill themselves, hanging, gassing, pills. All they needed to do was talk to somebody and ask for help.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    I bet your friend shat himself

split second after he died. lol
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited June 2011
    I have thought about it a lot. I've tried it a few times.
    However every time I have had some weird shit has happened and I changed my mind. Not because I was a pussy, but the strange occurrences made me realise that I didn't need to do this. Then I realised how weak and pathetic suicide was and decided I might as well wait 'till I OD or whatever.
  • edited June 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    If someone wants to kill himself I usually give them clear instructions on how do it and I make sure to add all the gory details. It usually snaps them out of it. Anyone can be suicidal at any given time. You just need to look for signs.

I recommend going through his stuff and piecing together his life bit by bit. It might give you some more information.

I think he killed himself due to depression or drug use.

You mean you slap a vest on them and drive them to Jerusalem?

This is a thread for serious discussion, not some fucking hadith where a mudslime's input is actually valuable.