My other solution to the energy crisis (Human power plants)

DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Life
Build a power plant with one million exercise bicycles that can produce electricity. This will also double as a health and fitness program for the nation. Citizens will be required to produce a quota of electricity a day for the nation, and get the opportunity to burn off a few calories.

concept drawing of citizen producing daily quota of electricity:
1197098415246147042SteveLambert_Woman_on_Exercise_Bike.svg.hi.png

Comments

• DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    10,000 asian's waving chinese fans at wind turbines came to a close second
  • SemSem Regular
    edited June 2011
    I recall an episode of This Old House from years ago where they made a human powered generator in the basement of their workshop. Looked like a giant hamster cage but it worked.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    The thing is, how efficient is a exercise bike at generating power? On top of that, how effecient is a person at converting food to motive power?

I think we would be better off burning the food the people eat to create energy.
    edited June 2011
    Ok , ok new plan.

Make some clones of Arnold Schwarzenegger and strap them onto exercise bikes, then frequently inject the Arnold Schwarzenegger clones with steroids so that they never run out of energy. If they fall out of line, just zap them with a tazer.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2011
    Ok , ok new plan.

Make some clones of Arnold Schwarzenegger and strap them onto exercise bikes, then frequently inject the Arnold Schwarzenegger clones with steroids so that they never run out of energy. If they fall out of line, just zap them with a tazer.

How the fuck you going to charge the tazer?
    edited June 2011
    from the electricity that the Arnold Schwarzenegger clones produce on the exercise bicycles
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    from the electricity that the Arnold Schwarzenegger clones produce on the exercise bicycles

OK. You cleary need to return to the problem and rethink the design brief.

Unless you were clucthing at straws, clones of Micheal Phelps (sp?) and that due with no balls who was bangining that 'all I wanna do' cunt would have been better than Schwarzenegger.

Many possible ways to procede.
    edited June 2011
    Take whatever cells you wish, perhaps you wish that hitler was on an exercise bike making electricity for us. the clones can produce our electricity. Arnold Schwarzenegger is slightly more ideal from my perspective based on his quips. GET OUT!
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    hamsters with cocaine can fuel us all.
    edited June 2011
    I am considering donations to my cocaine hamster studies