I just did some work on the Biege G3

TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
edited June 2011 in Tech & Games
I had my Sonnet Tempo Trio go south on me a while back (messed up two hard drives) so a refresh for the old Gossamer was in order. The drive still worked, so I copied the new files I had on the machine to the original 6 GB hard drive (was in storage for a year as a backup) and then blew out and reinitialized the 80 GB Western Digital drive that had replaced it, then copied over all my files. I was playing with it a bit yesterday, and it was running great and passed all integrity checks. Now that I have my main vintage Apple machine back up and running, I can see to other projects that I've had sitting in cold storage for a while. I hope to get cooking soon!!!

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    word bro, glad u got it.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited June 2011
    I was playing with this a couple days ago. I just hope that IPV6 (when deployed) doesn't stop me from using the internet on this. I haven't done much research on upgradability of older machines, but have a feeling I won't like the answer.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    You could always put a PPC Linux distro on it when IPV6 finally comes. AFAIK Gentoo and Debian both have PPC branches, some others may have them too.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited June 2011
    Part of it is that I enjoy surfing under OS9. Its fun seeing how it renders modern sites. Sure, I could put Linux on it but then it would seem to lose something.
  • Well, Its still just sitting dormant under my desk. Its definitely been a whjile since Ive played with it.Maybe in the next 2 days Ill have time to play with it!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Well, Its still just sitting dormant under my desk. Its definitely been a whjile since Ive played with it.Maybe in the next 2 days Ill have time to play with it!

Linux is always fun,fun,fun.....