I bought a nook color today — Totseans

I bought a nook color today

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited June 2011 in Life
I love this fucking thing!!
Why the hell would anyone buy an I-Pad?
I can read books,surf the web and play stupid games if I'm bored.
Tons of free books on Demonoid that work.
Best $ 250.00 I have spent in a long time.
I LIKE IT!!!:thumbsup:

Comments

  • edited June 2011
    I don't actually know the difference between any of the readers... except the one my father was given as a gift can apparently digitally "borrow" copies of books from the local libraries.
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited June 2011
    The nook color is even better if you root it and install your own android. It's freakin awesome!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I wish I had one of those devices.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    Those things are awesome.

    I was considering buying one but i didn't think anything > $200.00 was worth it.
    The first ereader for about $100.00 that has wifi and a browser I'll buy.
  • edited June 2011
    When I first saw one of these things, I thought it was the shit.

    They need to start buying these for schools everywhere.

    Textbooks are fucked up in how expensive some of them have become, and one nook could not only replace every book they have, but it would be cheaper.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    I heard you can use the browser without rooting it.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2011
    Box wrote: »
    I heard you can use the browser without rooting it.

    Yep,everything works even flash.Some sites like this one need an app but its no big deal.
    People are booting ubuntu off of the flash memory, its like a duel boot deal but really don't see the point.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    Yep,everything works even flash.Some sites like this one need an app but its no big deal.
    People are booting ubuntu off of the flash memory, its like a duel boot deal but really don't see the point.

    I had Linux on my old school iPod and it worked pretty well. Could customise everything. Apart from being a show-off there was no other real use.
    A lot of people who bumfuck Linux have to put it on everything they find to prove just how "durable" it is :facepalm:
  • totsedtotsed Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Every relationship takes work, if she doesn't want to be obligated to stay in touch or if she doesn't want to make a promise she might not be able to keep, then you do all the work. You call her, and write to her, visit her, pray for her etc. If it is meant to be, at some point she will get it, because God will reveal it to her, then she will be all yours. However, if after you've tried everything in the book she tells you plainly that she doesn't want you (after she's matured somemore), then you leave her alone. God has mysterious ways of working.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    totsed wrote: »
    Every relationship takes work, if she doesn't want to be obligated to stay in touch or if she doesn't want to make a promise she might not be able to keep, then you do all the work. You call her, and write to her, visit her, pray for her etc. If it is meant to be, at some point she will get it, because God will reveal it to her, then she will be all yours. However, if after you've tried everything in the book she tells you plainly that she doesn't want you (after she's matured somemore), then you leave her alone. God has mysterious ways of working.

    In your native tongue does this thread look like a relationship discussion? If it does, this may be direct evidence of or the absence of god.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    totsed wrote: »
    Every relationship takes work, if she doesn't want to be obligated to stay in touch or if she doesn't want to make a promise she might not be able to keep, then you do all the work. You call her, and write to her, visit her, pray for her etc. If it is meant to be, at some point she will get it, because God will reveal it to her, then she will be all yours. However, if after you've tried everything in the book she tells you plainly that she doesn't want you (after she's matured somemore), then you leave her alone. God has mysterious ways of working.

    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    ^Even that's not enough


    You high?
Sign In or Register to comment.