Black student turns down Cambridge; it doesn't have a music scene.

edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well, the next time Cameron slithers into sight and starts whining about the low numbers of black students attending the likes of Oxford and Cambridge, he can be kindly informed it's because, in part, Cambridge ain't got no crazy riddims.

As the saying goes... ELL OH ELL.

Comments

• GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    I wouldnt go to Cambridge either, for the same reasons.

That said, I am going to Lincoln. Which is also equally dire in it's music scene. But eh its cheap and not everyone there is a stuck up posh wanker.
  • edited June 2011
    GoldenV wrote: »
    I wouldnt go to Cambridge either, for the same reasons.

That said, I am going to Lincoln. Which is also equally dire in it's music scene. But eh its cheap and not everyone there is a stuck up posh wanker.

What are you going to study?
  • GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    Lincolnshire is hellish place, its akin to hotel California.
  • edited June 2011
    Forgive me but I think students whose major motivating factors for attending a particular University include its 'music scene', when the 'music scene' has jack shit to do with their degree, have completely failed to grasp the point of going to a fucking University in the first place.

Unless of course it's music journalism, another one of those degrees that makes fantastic toilet paper once it's been completed.
  • GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    My motivating factor for going to uni is the student loans and copious amounts of drinking.
  • GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    And the poonanny.
  • edited June 2011
    My motivating factor for going to uni is the student loans and copious amounts of drinking.
    And the poonanny.

Even if you're trolling the fact that many seem to think precisely in that fashion is one of the reasons why Britain, and western culture in general, is slowly but surely sliding down the side of the shitter.
  • GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    Trolling? Am I fuck, I'm being serious.

3 years of hard partying with doing just enough to complete the degree, complete with given 2k or so every term plus free student overdrafts, shit, sign me up.

I cannot wait to get to freshers week and just go absolutely sick on the vodka.
  • edited June 2011
    Trolling? Am I fuck, I'm being serious.

3 years of hard partying with doing just enough to complete the degree, complete with given 2k or so every term plus free student overdrafts, shit, sign me up.

I cannot wait to get to freshers week and just go absolutely sick on the vodka.

:facepalm:
  • GoldenVGoldenV Regular
    edited June 2011
    Dont you mean :hai:

Who the fuck goes to uni apart from for why I'm going.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited June 2011
    There is no hope for the future.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    He's decided to study sociology at the London School of Economics, not exactly a dumb kid. Although if he were really smart he'd end up leaving that god forsaken island entirely.
  • edited June 2011
    It's not so bad if it keeps his ass in school. No point going with prestige if it's shitty in other respects.