"Slut walks" in the UK as well as USA and Canada. Maybe more.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
This is quite a discussion on the topic. Read away.

I actually agreed with the initial comments the guy said about dressing provocatively. If I worked in an Office and a woman dressed like a slag, then I or my coworkers had a good look, we'd be reprimanded. However as a male, if women stare at me and make comments (which does happen, guys I'm sure you know) then we wouldn't be such a pussy and complain or file for sexual harrasment. A woman I worked with used to come in wearing stockings and dressed like a Dominatrix some days, and the Boss was sick of it. Instead of letting her file a sexual harrasment case against any guy that laid eyes on her - he warned her about the choice of attire, she ignored him, and he fired her for misconduct. And good on him. Got a lot of respect for that Boss - which I don't often say.

Also, in this one in London, there were 11 and 12 year olds joining in. I highly doubt they even fully understand the situation, especially as the "sexualisation of children" is coming under the spotlight URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/9509737.stm"]1[/URL], [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13726364"]2[/URL within the UK. It may be a different sexualisation, but there's a big step from say, watching a scantily clad woman on the TV and walking next to an extremist, hate-spouting Feminist wearing almost nothing.
_53365715_012199006-1.jpg

Another thing - the creepy guys that march with them in "solidarity". They are usually one of 3 types:
  • Pussywhipped beta types.
  • Camp guys that need a cause to feel as though they're achiving something.
  • Creepy fucks who want to get laid and/or befriend fugly man-hating women, defeating the point of the march entirely.
  • A combination of the above.
Men in hard hats paused from digging up Piccadilly to watch in stunned silence as the provocative procession marched past.

They would not have dared to wolf whistle as women in stockings, bras and basques passed, clutching banners with statements like "cleavage is not consent".

The women were among the up to 5,000 people organisers say took part in the UK's latest Slutwalk in London on Saturday.

More about the above in London, more (Glasgow) and more (Manchester).

Anyone up for a counter-protest? ;)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I always thought it was fucked up to try and justify rape based on what the victim was wearing.
    RemadE wrote: »

The "Rape-everything-that's-not-covered-up" Walk.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I completely agree, they're just making perverts job easier. I should do more research on this.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeh I've agreed with the guy from day one. Sluts need to either learn to accept the truth or STFU.

Want to stop rape? Say yes.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    Rape is always the fault of women as I proved in another thread, and those who dress promiscuously know full well what type of attention they are going to get for it. They should be treated like garbage and used for the fleshlight that they are, they're good for nothing else.

What exactly are these cunts bitching about? The subversion of democracy? Tyranny? No. They're demonstrating for the right to behave like sluts. WHAT A NOBLE CAUSE!

Why do feminists want to make sluts respectable?

Before feminism women consecrated sex for marriage and family. Children were the fruit of the love between a husband and wife. A woman accepted her husband's spirit and gave birth to a child that projected them both into the future. The woman's need to love and be loved was fulfilled. She was cherished and protected for as long as she lived. But oh no, this was very "oppressive." (Did they ever suspect they were being sabotaged?)

Now, they no longer have to endure love and courtship. Like many homosexuals, they don't even have to know their sex partner. They can get shit faced and hop into the sack with the first guy that strikes their fancy, until she changes her mind or regrets what her friends or boyfriend may think, then it's rape. Once she gets ditched by the man, that's good and SO worth it. That's the price of anonymous sex. When she gets old and fat, becomes a single mother and is lonely or destitute, that's good too.

She'll always have the memory of this great cause (slut walk) to remind her why.

Don't forget, these women aren't sluts, they're "liberated, "independent women."

Well okay, they admit they're sluts, but that must be a good thing, right?

After centuries of oppression, what they're saying must be true. It'd be unfair to call them stupid, because if being a slut is good and what they want to make acceptable, stupid is an improvement from that.
    edited June 2011
    Shut up, JAA. You're not funny and that attitude won't curry much favour with women anyway, they get manginas to do the work for them, because like anything, a man can do it better than a woman.

On another note, I'd heard about this in Canada not long ago, had no idea one was happening in the UK. Funny how the only way I've heard of these slut walks is on the internet and not much interest or attention to it is displayed off the internet.

article-1380450-0BC52B6A00000578-708_468x286.jpg
    article-1380450-0BC52B9200000578-247_468x286.jpg
    article-1380450-0BC52B8A00000578-55_468x286.jpg
    article-1380450-0BC5340E00000578-564_468x286.jpg
    Gross, fat, filthy pigs... definitely in need of an acid bath or a gas shower.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Lol, imagine the BBC Breakfast presenters

"..and coming up next, we are looking at the 'slut walk' happening in London, our presenter is there now.."

bbcnews460.jpg

Still, valid points :)
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    They had a march in Sydney. Other than a brief mention in the news just before the "skiing parrot" they were rightfully ignored.

The women marching were ugly fat fucks and equally disgusting feminists. One was wearing an outfit of a pig to symbolize men.

Personally i find their cause vague.

The problem is they are protesting a basic reality - guys will look at and lust for women.It's like protesting death - pointless and stupid.
    edited June 2011
    Think of it this way, would you flash your cash or jewelry or make ostentatious displays of having money when walking through an urban center, and not expect that you might be inviting an ass kicking and a mugging? It's not "blaming the victim" to consider it stupid, tasteless and provocative to flash money or jewelry on a public thoroughfare.

Women are thick as pigshit, tasteless, common, and insipid.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    I am yet to see one of these slut walks occuring at night or one during the day that does not have a police presence.

I do hope the irony of the situation is not wasted.
  • edited June 2011
    Another thing - the creepy guys that march with them in "solidarity". They are usually one of 3 types:
    • Pussywhipped beta types.
    • Camp guys that need a cause to feel as though they're achiving something.
    • Creepy fucks who want to get laid and/or befriend fugly man-hating women, defeating the point of the march entirely.
    • A combination of the above.

I'm a pro-equality male feminist and I find your neaderthal misogny utterly repellent. I suppose you think I'm also less of a man because I'm a vegan and take daily yoga clasess with my boyfriend?
    I always thought it was fucked up to try and justify rape based on what the victim was wearing.

I've always regarded not dressing as a slut and avoiding putting yourself in risky situations as a practical measure. Much as not walking though a 'gangsta'-infested housing estate late at night with a laptop underneath your arm is a practical measure.

Crime is crime, but some victims need to wise the fuck up.
    The "Rape-everything-that's-not-covered-up" Walk.

Too Guardianista's-idea-of-a-Daily-Mail-reader. If you actually wanted to get up the noses of the left, the march should be named something like Victims of Feminism Unite! and should troop along with banners of crying kids asking things like 'Why's Mummy abandoned me? Because career comes first!' I'm sure Fathers4Justice would be happy to turn up too.

Either that or go for the bare-faced troll and march to slogans of 'You're asking for it!' with Sir Mix A Lots' Baby Got Back and The Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up playing in the background... or any of the endless droning about bitches and ho's rappers spew these days. Personally I'd go for Baby, Smack and Queen's FBG 'cause everyone can sing or dance along to them.

Well, that depends on your musical preferences. See Above :D
  • edited June 2011
    I've always regarded not dressing as a slut and avoiding putting yourself in risky situations as a practical measure. Much as not walking though a 'gangsta'-infested housing estate late at night with a laptop underneath your arm is a practical measure.

Crime is crime, but some victims need to wise the fuck up.

This is the main point. Regardless of what situation a people put themselves in, you're not allowed to rape them.

Too Guardianista's-idea-of-a-Daily-Mail-reader. If you actually wanted to get up the noses of the left, the march should be named something like Victims of Feminism Unite! and should troop along with banners of crying kids asking things like 'Why's Mummy abandoned me? Because career comes first!' I'm sure Fathers4Justice would be happy to turn up too.

:confused:
  • edited June 2011
    This is the main point. Regardless of what situation a people put themselves in, you're not allowed to rape them.

Or assault, steal from, threaten, etc... but that does absolve the victim from personal responsiblity. Leftists who would like to absolve the victims' from personal responsibility call my attitude 'victim blaming', because, for some reason, personal responsiblity is anathema to them; society is always to blame.

Which is bitterly ironic given that liberal values have greatly shaped the society we live in today.
  • edited June 2011
    Or assault, steal from, threaten, etc... but that does absolve the victim from personal responsiblity. Leftists who would like to absolve the victims' from personal responsibility call my attitude 'victim blaming', because, for some reason, personal responsiblity is anathema to them; society is always to blame.

Which is bitterly ironic given that liberal values have greatly shaped the society we live in today.

I don't think it's a matter of personal responsibility at all (And thankfully, the courts agree).

I don't think you're blaming victims in particular, either. I just think that people dressing like whores is not an excuse to rape them. It's not an excuse or a reason to do that any more than seeing a weak man would give me reason or excuse to rob him.

And it isn't society, it's the individual who chose to rape somebody who deserves the blame. There is no blame to be had for dressing a certain way. Rape is rape, and there's a reason that there aren't exceptions based on the clothing worn by the parties involved.
  • edited June 2011
    I don't think it's a matter of personal responsibility at all (And thankfully, the courts agree).

I don't think you're blaming victims in particular, either. I just think that people dressing like whores is not an excuse to rape them. It's not an excuse or a reason to do that any more than seeing a weak man would give me reason or excuse to rob him.

And it isn't society, it's the individual who chose to rape somebody who deserves the blame. There is no blame to be had for dressing a certain way. Rape is rape, and there's a reason that there aren't exceptions based on the clothing worn by the parties involved.

On a practical level in some cases there is a reason to hold the raped to account for their ordeal; some people will, and do, see 'dressing and behaving like a slut' as a sexual invitation to which they will respond violently if rejected by said 'slut'. To deny this physical and social reality and, as some do, accuse those who point it out as being 'sexist dinosaurs' shows the depth of feminist stupidity.

Otherwise what was the policeman supposed to do or say; encourage women to dress and behave in a fashion which he knows will increase the chances of a sexual assault on them?
    edited June 2011
    So tell me JAA, does a woman not place herself in a position to which she is accountable for when she has taken a man to her bedroom and decides to flake out at the last moment?

Women know they have the law on their side and can act as irresponsible (themselves) as they want, without being held accountable. Bring back a firm patriarchal hand, where women are not encouraged to think with their cunt to get by and be a tart, I can guarantee you can cut down rape immediately. Rape is always the fault of women at all times. Yes, rape is a crime, but it is one which can be prevented and not incited if women were kept in check.

I've no sympathy for women who get raped. It can always be prevented.
  • edited June 2011
    On a practical level in some cases there is a reason to hold the raped to account for their ordeal; some people will, and do, see 'dressing and behaving like a slut' as a sexual invitation to which they will respond violently if rejected by said 'slut'. To deny this physical and social reality and, as some do, accuse those who point it out as being 'sexist dinosaurs' shows the depth of feminist stupidity.

Otherwise what was the policeman supposed to do or say; encourage women to dress and behave in a fashion which he knows will increase the chances of a sexual assault on them?

If you have sex with someone who doesn't want you to, that's a problem, regardless of what they did.
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    So tell me JAA, does a woman not place herself in a position to which she is accountable for when she has taken a man to her bedroom and decides to flake out at the last moment?

Women know they have the law on their side and can act as irresponsible (themselves) as they want, without being held accountable. Bring back a firm patriarchal hand, where women are not encouraged to think with their cunt to get by and be a tart, I can guarantee you can cut down rape immediately. Rape is always the fault of women at all times. Yes, rape is a crime, but it is one which can be prevented and not incited if women were kept in check.

I've no sympathy for women who get raped. It can always be prevented.

Ultimately, it's up to the person/people who decide to/not to rape someone.