Duke Nukem Forever: Being too hard on it?

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I finished DnF today, and I have to say that I loved it. Sure, there are parts where I looked down on it and thought "Jesus, what am I playing?" but only to have Duke day something and make me think "heheheh. I love this game"

Let me start off by saying; Just since it was announced 14 years ago, doesn't mean it's been worked on SINCE then. So when all the twelve year olds hear that it's been 13/14 years they start to bitch.

I can gladly say; I'm happy with this. I think Duke was funny, the achievements/trophies were whacky and the hidden content was fantastic. And through all this I think it's managed to remain a Duke Nukem game, and not turn itself into some shitty remake.

The gameplay was great, so I don't see what people are bitching at. "REGENERATED HEALTH? ONLY TWO WEAPONS? HUH?!?!" and this is what really upsets me. Yes, it has regenerated health. Yes, you can only carry two weapons. Just because this is a Duke Nukem game doesn't mean you can go around and kill stuff with out any kind of challenge. Then it wouldn't be a game. It'd be an interactive movie. And it's not like they don't have a good reason for regen health. Since they've changed it to 'ego' it makes it harder to find a health pack. You can't stitch up your ego or put some cream on it.

Overall, I think Duke Nukem Forever was a great game, and I think reviewers are being far too hard on it.

Opinions?

Comments

• CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    What an absolute piece of shit that game was. If they HAD to release it, at least make it not shit.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited June 2011
    ..they did a terrible job on it..end of story
  • edited June 2011
    What an absolute piece of shit that game was. If they HAD to release it, at least make it not shit.

this.

it's not all their fault.... I mean they've had to revamp the graphics several times, and they jumped on a few FPS trends like regen health and two weapons... Oh wait, that actually does make it entirely their fault.... hm.
    edited June 2011
    But the game was CRAP; the graphics, the dialogue, EVERYTHING. If it was MEDIOCRE, fine. At least make it NOT SHIT. Come ON.
  • CutfaceCutface Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    This game missed it's mark. They waited too long and wasn't even worth it. The game looks like shit. This should have been an abandoned project. This game did manage to remain a Duke Nukem game, the graphics and game play are outdated. The only challenging part of the game is getting through it without tossing it out the window. This game should have been given out for free, because that's all it's worth. :facepalm:
    edited July 2011
    Really, they shouldn't have used the "Forever" name. Then we could still make shitty jokes about it and also have this shitty game without assosciating it with the years of excitement at it FINALLY COMING OUT.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Oof, IGN gave it 5.5 and Gamespot gave it a 3.5. Dude that does sound bad..
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    The guy in Gamestop told me not to buy it. Now i see why.
  • SpacemanSpaceman New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    i think when you set super high expectations for anything you are going to end up disappointed.i don't think it was the best but it wasn't the most awful piece of shit ever.the amount of hype it was given was abit ridiculous.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    I dunno i liked it. Wasn't "total crap", you fuckers need to relax.
  • SpacemanSpaceman New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    mafiabro wrote: »
    I dunno i liked it. Wasn't "total crap", you fuckers need to relax.
    word
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    The old Duke games were garbage and the new Duke game was no different.