Don't Huff Raid...

...let bugs huff it instead :thumbsup: Raid is fucking awesome at killing flies and wasps, as well as being incredibly good at killing all kinds of other annoying shit which flies into my room during the summertime. Today I've killed a few flies, a massive wasp (which I then electrocuted with the electric tennis racket, just to make sure) a mosquito, some tiny flying things which were living on my plant and a spider. Interestingly, as soon as you spray a spider with raid, it creates a web and then dangles on it as it falls off the ceiling or wall. Kinda creepy.

And here is my can of Raid...

d5.jpg

So, don't huff raid - let bugs huff it instead :thumbsup:

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Bugs like Box? or Fatty?
  • edited June 2011
    Sure, why not. All members of the Mite club can huff raid free of charge.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    ujelly jestashitliar?
  • edited June 2011
    I just used some hornet raid today, every year ants infest my mailbox for some reason. And every year I forget about it until I am covered in ants after getting the mail. So I just walk out their every year with some raid and spray those little fuckers to hell. Solves the problem for the rest of the year. Now if I could only remember to spray in there in the spring so I don't get covered in ants again.

I had an ant problem at one of my old places, annoying as hell. I spilled some pop while severely loaded, and when I came to, an ant freeway had been established taking the goods from my coffee table to the crack under my front door. I was too fucked up to do anything other than kill a bunch of ants on my coffee table.

Lying in a semi stupor, I was amazed by what I saw next, each dead or dying ant was picked up by another ant and dragged away. It reminded me of the Marine Core "no man left behind" policy. When I sobered up I spread icing sugar mixed with borax around the ant holes, problem solved.

C/O
  • edited June 2011
    Raid is actually scary shit if you read about it's ingredients and what they do. It's like a nerve gas for bugs (and aquatic animals), basically causing their bodies to shut down on themselves. It can also make them lose control of their limbs which is why certain bugs spack out after they get sprayed.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait did I hear that right? DON'T huff Raid?

My whole life is a lie:(
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Box wrote: »
    ujelly jestashitliar?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:, anyways raid is some nasty shit. my friend sprayed a spider on his fish tank ( salt watter to :facepalm:) and about 8 hun d worth of fish and anemone died .
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:, anyways raid is some nasty shit. my friend sprayed a spider on his fish tank ( salt watter to :facepalm:) and about 8 hun d worth of fish and anemone died .

Raid (which is permethrin, I think) is highly toxic to anything animal that is exothermic, not just marine life as trx stated above. It naturally breaks down with heat, so endothermic life has a bit of a natural tolerance to it. Very high doses in mammals, will still fuck their shit up though.

So the moral of the story is, you can still huff raid, but make sure you share the wealth with creatures of lower body temperatures.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    I like to spray raid on things raid doesn't say it will kill just to watch other insects suffer; spiders mainly.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Raid is actually scary shit if you read about it's ingredients and what they do. It's like a nerve gas for bugs (and aquatic animals), basically causing their bodies to shut down on themselves. It can also make them lose control of their limbs which is why certain bugs spack out after they get sprayed.

they deserve it...fuck bugs!
  • edited June 2011
    So, if a human literally was to huff a whole can of raid, would this fuck our shit up? Or are we immune?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    People are far from immune to it. High doses will give anybody nerve poisoning symptoms. Anything warm blooded will just need a lot more to kill it. Oh, and for whatever reason, permethrin is highly toxic to cats, which is why you can't use a dog's flea/tick medicine on a cat.

The more you know.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited June 2011
    MI_flag_small.jpg

Kill the buggies.