Essex Teen Arrested In FBI Global Hacking Probe [LulzSec Denies it]

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
[ame=" - Essex Teen Arrested In FBI Global Hacking Probe[/ame]

RT @LulzSec: Ryan Cleary is not part of LulzSec; we house one of our many legitimate chatrooms on his IRC server, but that's it.
RT @Group_Anonymous: @Dfg @LulzSec OH!!!! I remember who ryan cleary is he hacked the Anonymous IRC after he was banned on it and whatever JUSTICE (In some way)
RT @LulzSec: Clearly the UK police are so desperate to catch us that they've gone and arrested someone who is, at best, mildly associated with us. Lame.
RT @LulzSec: Oh well - less tweet spam now. Best watch out, they can't get us, so they're going after people they think might know us. Defend yourselves.
RT @Group_Anonymous: @Dfg You can quote that his Details were found by a Anonymous website Admin after he hacked it and the Admin gave the details to the FBI
RT @LoneThread: @Dfg @LulzSec He's the guy that pissed Anon off a few months ago, they released his address,etc on pastebin, and now this happened

According to:
RT @LoneThread: @Dfg Have a look @ http://pastebin.com/7PSwG8vR - Has all his details which have now been proven correct via his arrest.
http://pastebin.com/7PSwG8vR <--- His d0x was posted online and Feds got to him.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    'FBI Global Hacking Probe'

There's something awry about that.

Also, LOL. I hope this dude is acquitted, if they even charge him (have they? I can't watch the clip).
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    'FBI Global Hacking Probe'

There's something awry about that.

Also, LOL. I hope this dude is acquitted, if they even charge him (have they? I can't watch the clip).

Well, the Feds were shitting bricks. They were hit with a DDoS attack and it's fairly hard to counter it. The funny thing is, anyone linked with LulzSec might get pwned.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Thank fuck I stopped being a skiddie around the age of 15 :facepalm: feel sorry for the Kid though. Brit Police have a history of arresting anyone who might even know the name of a criminal. They are that desperate for Public support.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    02:10 PM totse: Anyone working for LulzSec *wears his IAMAFEDCAP*
    02:17 PM Atticus williams : "I love the smell of napalm in the mornings"
    02:17 PM Senor Fuego: LulzSec blows cock
    02:17 PM Senor Fuego: bags of it
    02:18 PM Atticus williams : Why do you say that?
    02:19 PM Senor Fuego: Lulzsec is a namefagging offshoot from the old /i/ boards. That's it. Everybody trying to be a hero. (not an hero)
    02:21 PM Atticus williams : Do you not agree with "Bringing down the bad elements in this world" through some mischievousness?
    02:23 PM Senor Fuego: I believe in lulz.. at least i used too. I also believe in being Anonymous.
    02:23 PM Senor Fuego: I believe that everyone is trying to be a crusaderfag
    02:24 PM Senor Fuego: back then, (pre loic), we raided, sure..but it was for the pure fuck of it.
    02:26 PM Atticus williams : Well you may have a point there but I think things like these cats are needed in a country where the Government is less governmental and more like a Massive "ball and chain"
    02:29 PM Senor Fuego: i disagree
    02:29 PM Senor Fuego: lulzsec has broken the code of anonymous
    02:29 PM Senor Fuego: by becoming lulzsec
    02:30 PM Senor Fuego: I personally feel like Anon should out lulzsec member, to real lulz
    02:30 PM Senor Fuego: *for real lulz
    02:30 PM Atticus williams : I agree with that. Point taken

From http://www.clamtxt.com/
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    People need to stop hacking for the glory. I fucking hate those who do it purely to get their face in the news or talked about. Nobody really knows the true me and a girl who dropped some bits off at mine tonight even commented that I am "the most mysterious person" she's ever met. Took it as a compliment if anything.
    Just be a blind-faced hacker. Do it for the lulz, but more importantly do it to prove a point. Governments aren't perfect and they will never be. Nobody will be truly happy in life so why not target something or someone in a manner that will get you noticed?
    Failing that, attack them like LulzSec, just keep a friendly media persona and be cooperative. SO far they are but they are waning after going against the FBI and SOCA sites. They could have done so much more, and I even heard they have UK census data. Shit like that will scare people. They need to, like the NHS "hack", do it white hat style. Educate the Public and show them the truth. Don't scare people shitless, watching their televisions or browsing News sites seeing their data is no longer secure. Sony and other companies should not have had the data stolen but at least told that it was possible to take.
    I do agree with their campaign against security companies though. So many people are ripped off with security and computer related stuff it even caused me to refuse selling things at a PC shop because I hated seeing people pay so much for so little.

tl;dr: LulzSec need a good public image. Without that, they are dead in the water and will cost everyone their online freedoms. Just target those who need it, and take the public side. That way you will get a V for Vendetta dream that's been talked about within the circlejerk.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    LOL is it just me or with each tweet from LulzSec they sound more and more like they are slightly more worried than they lead on the tweet before.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited June 2011
    Ya... that's what you want to do if you're the feds... go around boasting how a 19 year old with health issues breached your FBI computer defense systems no problem. Fucking idiots.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    lol at a DDoS being called hacking. It's the equivalent of picking a lock by demolishing the door.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited June 2011
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I call this a win :).
  • edited June 2011
    LOL at Dfg being in the Lulzsec screenshot. Kinda stupid that they arrested someone who might not even be a part of all the hacking, I hate cops.