ToTSE Gumball?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
To add to my bored and crazy &T ideas I was watching the 2006 Gumball Rally to avoid doing my Uni Dissertation, and wondered how much this sort of thing costs and what it would take for &T to take part.
Of course a reliable car is needed, as is plenty of cash and the time off work/life to partake. Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure.
We would need minimum 2 members, maybe 3 depending on driving rotas, as well as a pool of cash to pay the way and for any repairs, food and in the case of the 2006 Gumball, a fat, sucker-based dildo.

Anyone here ever wanted to take part or know anyone that has? When I'm comfy in life, I'd fucking love to do it. And yes, I realise most people crash etc. Ironically, Ryan Dunn is in this particular one. Torrent link is included.

Comments

• PacoPaco me administrator
    edited June 2011
    I love the Gumball, I would loveeee to fucking do it. However, it's really fucking expensive to enter, nevermind the price of the car and the gas. A cheaper alternative that I do plan on doing is the Modball Rally.

http://www.modball.com/
  • edited June 2011
    One of my life goals is to take part in a Gumball rally, even if it means doing it in a shit heap of a car. Someone did it in an ice cream van once, so I know it's possible.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    I wish I could afford the gas & time to do do something like this. Shit sounds like fun. :(
  • echo4818echo4818 Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    There is irony in this because those of us who can afford to do this cannot get the time off of work, school, and other responsibilities. Those of us who cannot afford to do this have time to do the rally.
    edited June 2011
    echo4818 wrote: »
    There is irony in this because those of us who can afford to do this cannot get the time off of work, school, and other responsibilities. Those of us who cannot afford to do this have time to do the rally.

Not really true, a large majority of the people who do the Gumball are famous actors, musicians, etc. They have plenty of time off for things like this.
  • echo4818echo4818 Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Not really true, a large majority of the people who do the Gumball are famous actors, musicians, etc. They have plenty of time off for things like this.

The average joe or jane does not.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited June 2011
    Mongolia Rally is probably a more realistic bet. Doesn't have the same crazy parties as Gumball, but fuck it we're totseans - we'll bring the parties.

But srsly, totse or no totse, the Mongolia Rally is something I *will* do in my lifetime.
    edited June 2011
    echo4818 wrote: »
    The average joe or jane does not.

And the average Joe or Jane wouldn't be entering the Gumball in the first place. The entry fee is around $100,000 depending on where they go that year.