Yo, my brother needs a rig

CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
edited July 2011 in Tech & Games
his budget is $500. Either tell me a site that'll make one with little markup and ship to his doorstep or give me a goood configuration. This is for the US, BTW.

It should be able to game competently. We don't need Crysis 2 at max, he just wants to play some Team Fortress 2 now that it's free and COD, even if the graphics are shit, as long as it plays smooth.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    ^ What does this have to do with this thread besides nothing :facepalm:
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    Poor man doesn't understand that I'm a muslim and thinks I'm jewish because I said his mom was a "skank jewess" like Amy Winehouse.
    edited June 2011
    Poor man doesn't understand that I'm a muslim and thinks I'm jewish because I said his mom was a "skank jewess" like Amy Winehouse.

I believe he is a closet Jew
    edited June 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    I am proud to say My Avatar is a dead jewish baby with its Throat Cut:fap::fap::fap:

Good shit :thumbsup::D
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    To be honest, thats a pretty cheap rig (you need more money for a computer) and he would be better going out and getting one from PC World or something. However, if you do feel the need to put one together then this site is the best one for it: http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/custom/athlonddr3/step1.html and put together something that resembles that setup. (however I did go over the price bit).

Or just find a cheap computer in a shop near you, or on Ebay (thats what my friend did).

Or just save up and buy something later which resembles a gaming rig.

Tips: Get a dual core processor or above.
    4GB's of RAM should suffice for any game
    When picking your computer, use this website http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
    to compare the graphics card that is listed on Call of Duty games minimum requirements to the computer you want to buy. If your graphics card is above, then it will play it. Do the same for the CPU as well. This is how I buy all of my computers or laptops.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    That's a pretty low budget. Best you can do with that is get some shitty $350/$400 desktop(not to bad!) and slap a GTX 260 on it. That aughto run TF2 veryyyyy smoothly and COD4 too.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    I mean, he has a mouse and keyboard and speakers and a monitor already, and he just wants a rig that can surf the web and play some games at all. His old rig finally broke down. It doesn't have to be smooth.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited June 2011
    Box wrote: »
    That's a pretty low budget. Best you can do with that is get some shitty $350/$400 desktop(not to bad!) and slap a GTX 260 on it. That aughto run TF2 veryyyyy smoothly and COD4 too.

Good find box. He has the right idea, low to mid range desktop with a decent GPU and you should be good.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    When picking your computer, use this website http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
    to compare the graphics card that is listed on Call of Duty games minimum requirements to the computer you want to buy. If your graphics card is above, then it will play it. Do the same for the CPU as well. This is how I buy all of my computers or laptops.

This chart is bullshit. It's rating my Intel HD Integrated graphics card on my laptop halfway decent. I've tried to game with it. 13-20 fps is not so nice.

Also, OP, check out www.pricewatch.com get yourself a barebone with integrated video. use that for a week or two and when you get more cash disable it and throw a pci card in there. you should be able to get something halfway decent for 500.