Calvin and Hobbes is the greatest comic ever written.

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Reading it today is just as entertaining, not only for nostalgia, but its actually witty, smart and full of spot on social commentary.

You hit it right on the spot. The comic is meaningful to both kids and adults. I loved it as a kid and I still love it.

Used to be: "lol Calvin and Hobbes rode their wagon off a cliff"

Now it is: "Wow, the whole ride is a metaphor for what they are saying"

Just pure perfection :thumbsup:
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    I can't tell you how many times I've read every Calvin and Hobbes comic collection. They all have so much fucking substance; I remember when I read the last comic in the collection "It's a magical world" I was like 12, but I had chills the rest of the day. Such a great fucking series. The best.

Gotta love the ones where they mess with physics and stuff gets really weird :D
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    the far side is pretty good too. i need to pick me up some C&H next time im at the library
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2011
    I've got to say, reading them in three pane strips everyday is beyond annoying. It's ways to slow.

The OP's link is broken:
    http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/calvinhobbes.htm
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    *breaks out one her most favoritest books*

book.jpg

:D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    yeah calvin & hobbe's was always good. remember the stickers of calvin pissing on thing that made me :facepalm:
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    yeah calvin & hobbe's was always good. remember the stickers of calvin pissing on thing that made me :facepalm:

those stickers were made by the stupidest fucking faggot of all time. I hated those things with a passion. Clearly those who repped them never read Calvin & Hobbes.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    "AIEEE!! THEY GOT FRANK!!" <--- I lol'ed
    "His eye twitches involuntarily." <--- LOVE!!!
    "Do you believe in ghosts?" <--- FUCKING A
    ...But don't YOU go anywhere." <--- Awww sniff sniff

It's a bit sad that you guys got this treat when you were young. This is the first I have been exposed to these comics. Sure they were printed in newspapers from time to time but no one payed any attention to them, mainly because when I was young, I didn't understand English well, sure I would read comics and watch cartoons all day but I never discovered this gem and now I feel a bit left out. Fuck :(
  • edited April 2011
    My bro was big on C & H... me not as much, but I still read em back then. I think we had.... Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons, Something Under the Bed Is Drooling, Yukon Ho!, The Revenge of the Baby-Sat, and uhh those r the only ones I remember hahaha
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited April 2011
    I was named after calvin. I grew up reading him, as obviously I was interested in who I was named after. I really enjoyed it then, reading it now I notice so much sly humour and wit, so it's still brilliant.
    I've read most of the books and I'm not a comic person, but daym there just perfect.
  • edited April 2011
    I was named after calvin. I grew up reading him, as obviously I was interested in who I was named after. I really enjoyed it then, reading it now I notice so much sly humour and wit, so it's still brilliant.
    I've read most of the books and I'm not a comic person, but daym there just perfect.

Which one is the one where one pees on the other?
    edited April 2011
    Which one is the one where one pees on the other?

I don't think there is one, it's just on stickers and shit. It's a possibility, but I couldn't see it being legitimate Calvin and Hobbes.
    calvin.jpg?w=332&h=375
    The above picture is an edit of his filling up a water balloon to throw at Susie I think:thumbsup:
    edited April 2011
    I was wrong I done a quick google search and it's from this strip, but he was filling a water balloon.
    7_6588.jpg
  • HarlequinHarlequin New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    ducklips wrote: »

book.jpg

I was always meaning to get that collection, but never quite got around to it.

Calvin and Hobbes made my childhood, nothing can quite capture that child-like innocence which is still able to convey such deep messages like this comic.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/2008/01/08/calvin-and-hobbes-now-with-ritalin/

Childhood destroyed.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited June 2011
    ducklips wrote: »

book.jpg

I used to own that :D ...But I either lost it or gave it to one of my younger cousins.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    3,695 Calvin and Hobbes Comics . All . Zipped.

3,695 Comics
    185 Megs Unzipped
    All Comics from 1985-1995
    Both Black and white's and the colored sunday strips.

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3498761/3_695_Calvin_and_Hobbes_Comics_._All_._Zipped..3498761.TPB.torrent