Weird food combinations.

edited July 2011 in Life
What are your favorites?
One of mine is having cheese with honey on some wheat bread.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2011
    Macaroni and cheese with ketchup.
  • edited June 2011
    Cheese with honey is awesome, good sharp cheddar with comb honey, yummy!

TDR, that is the Canadian national dish!

I eat some really fucked up stuff. After 20 some years as a cook I can't stand to look at a lot of 'normal' foods, and I suspect the drugs and booze have had some effects on my taste in food as well. End result; I sometimes cook things that taste great to me, but most other people see a a cry for help. Last night I had a thin crust pizza with sweet curry sauce, grilled chicken, grapes, pine nuts, and feta cheese, very tasty, to me at least.

I would have to say the strangest combo that I eat on a regular basis is canned ravioli, topped with Chinese canned eel and plenty of Red Hot, then microwaved to within an inch of thermonuclear detonation. I also like blue cheese and apple pie together, if you have not tried the sweet/salty/footstink combo of strong cheese and fruit, give it a shot, a nice bit of aged gouda and granny smith apple slices on french bread will either make you gag or cum in your pants.

C/O
    "i feel superlative today"
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2011
    The fruit and stinky cheese thing is a great combo.

I like to cook many roasts and chops with various fruits and some think that is odd.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Pickles with prok & mint jelly as well as Really sharp chedder cheese. its great in a sammich or just eaten together.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited June 2011
    the only strange thing i eat are pickels dipped in dry just add water cherry kool-aid
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    ^^^ ducklips that is amazing iv done it before. yummy
  • edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Pickles with prok & mint jelly as well as Really sharp chedder cheese. its great in a sammich or just eaten together.

Oh hell, I have to try that, I can imagine what it would taste like with the mint jelly.

How about a "demented cupcake" with some habanero pepper jelly piped into the middle before baking? Cream cheese and almond paste based icing with some bits of tamarind, oh dear.

I declare culinary anarchy, let personal taste reign supreme, go forth and buy strange foods, and prepare them in strange ways. I shall lead the revolution, I shall call it 'Gastropunking'.

Actually that is a rather nice word, 'gastropunking', fuck, that has money written all over it. Hmm, a manifesto is in order. Not a thing on google, you heard it here first.

C/O
    "culinaryfreakout"
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hell, I have to try that, I can imagine what it would taste like with the mint jelly.

How about a "demented cupcake" with some habanero pepper jelly piped into the middle before baking? Cream cheese and almond paste based icing with some bits of tamarind, oh dear.

I declare culinary anarchy, let personal taste reign supreme, go forth and buy strange foods, and prepare them in strange ways. I shall lead the revolution, I shall call it 'Gastropunking'.

Actually that is a rather nice word, 'gastropunking', fuck, that has money written all over it. Hmm, a manifesto is in order. Not a thing on google, you heard it here first.

C/O
    "culinaryfreakout"
    O hell YA! that sounds Delish! With the mint jelly its like a lamb roast minus the lamb and is just oral X lol.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited June 2011
    Bacon and bananas.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited June 2011
    Cream cheese and grape jelly sandwich. Try it.
    edited June 2011
    microwaved to within an inch of thermonuclear detonation

This deserves a repost. hahhaa
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited June 2011
    I put hot sauce and cheese in my grits...been told that's odd.
    edited July 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    I put hot sauce and cheese in my grits...been told that's odd.

That's not odd. It's southern.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    You know what i don't understand? pineapple in anything. It's always yuck.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I like peanut butter and butter sandwiches. Like a thick layer of both.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited July 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    the only strange thing i eat are pickels dipped in dry just add water cherry kool-aid

mmm me too
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    cheez wiz, eggs, hot cheetohs mother fucker
  • edited July 2011
    I liek foie gras ice-cream... If that doesn't count I gots nuffin
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    wtf is that?

nvrmind just did a lougle search and...fucking sick!
  • edited July 2011
    I shouldn't be surprised BHD is such a Philistine, but somehow I am...