TEAM FORTRESS 2 IS F2P, MOTHERSHlTTERS!

CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
We need and official Totse server now. There is no excuse.

Go on Steam and download it NOW, NOW, NOW.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Downloading
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    I bought it when it was on a 75% off sale. Fuck, I'd play it if I could. :(
  • edited June 2011
    I get a hat because I bought it when it wasn't free to play :D Although the hat sucks balls. Anyway, we all need to get the fuck on there. I'm playing right now.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    for some reason i just never got into this. im getting it now and will play later tonight. we all need to play together
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    I will rip your anus at this game, motherniggers!
  • edited June 2011
    I will rip your anus at this game, motherniggers!

Bring it on fool, I'm sitting here with a few friends right now (including ThirdRock) and we'll pwn your ass.
  • HarlequinHarlequin New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    The world's greatest hat simulator is free? Shit, I'm getting it after I've finished exams, I'm gonna try on sooohohooooo many hats.
  • edited June 2011
    Damn fun game.

I can't believe I've never played it before.
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Bring it on fool, I'm sitting here with a few friends right now (including ThirdRock) and we'll pwn your ass.

I'm going to rip you justanother asshole, bitch! Someone start a server!
  • edited June 2011
    I'm going to start a Totse.info Steam group tomorrow. We already have the Totse group but it's never used and it's a waste of space really. We can all join the group and organize things from there as it would be much easier.

I also think we should all use the TOTSE spray which I made :D Click below for details.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2689
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited June 2011
    I bought this shit like 2 years ago and still never played it. I was too lazy to download it lol. I'm going to a family BBQ now but I'll download it so It'll be ready when I'm home.
    edited June 2011
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totsedotinfo

It's invite only atm, Tell me your steam names and I'll invite you :D
  • edited June 2011
    Fuck yeah, I'll get on there as soon as I've brought my computer upstairs and plugged it all in. I don't like the &T.i part though, you should remove it.

PS - Can I be an administrator? I can get online enough to be of use and I'm familiar with Steam groups and shit already. Plus we're in different time zones which is also handy for the Europeans here.
    edited June 2011
    BEcause I kick ass, play a lot and am sexy as shit and also broke this news to you, I need to be an admin too ;)
  • edited June 2011
    I think we should put some money together and buy some servers to host TF2 matches on. Maybe with enough support we can get some fans joining in. I'd love to host my own server but I have neither the money or the internet connection :( Would be good to get a server in the US and the UK though.
    edited June 2011
    We don't need a ded server. Anyone should just start a game at any time and go. We just need to coordinate.
    edited June 2011
    Paco, get some invites out to these people (except Captianfaggot).

Already got one, asspisser
  • edited June 2011
    ^ STFU and join the group and PLAY TF2 FOOL
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Downloading now :D.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited June 2011
    I just DL'd this game and all I can say is: Fuck yeah!

Please invite the shit out of me. Steam acc is Meloncauli.
  • edited June 2011
    Nice one. Make sure you PM Paco with your username and he can invite you into the Steam group, where we can all team up and get each other on certain matches/games. It's good to see some people getting involved, just make sure you don't ask noob questions when playing. I've had enough of people asking things like "How do I change class?!" or "How do I heal you?!"
  • edited June 2011
    I don't think it should be a necessity to befriend EVERYBODY in the group, I mean, what's the point in that? If we need to chat, we can always use the group chat function on our group page.

Also, request sent.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Just started playing and sniping the shit out of everybody :hai:
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Remember to PM either me or Paco with your steam name so that we can add you to the group :) We are building up a nice little team here, soon we could start dominating a few servers or something ;)
    edited June 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Just started playing and sniping the shit out of everybody :hai:

DO NOT JUST CHOOSE SNIPER, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER. This is NOT Call of Duty. We play as a team. Here's some pro-tips from a pro who is an &T bro:

Play as a team. If you screw everyone else for yourself, you're really just screwing yourself anyway. This is a team game. I see 21519526 snipers thinking they're 1337 for just "sniping the shit out of everybody" while their team continues to lose control points or have their Intelligence captured. I make it my personal agenda to backstab and teabag every single one of these motherfuckers as much as possible. If you're doing it on my team, I will switch teams just so I can do it to you. A sniper's job is to be laying pressure on choke points or objectives from relative safety, not racking up kills. Kills do nothing for your team unless they're the specific ones required.

Play as a TEAM, by which I mean "Don't choose Sniper and shit around". The other classes exist for a very good reason. The Sniper is in the "Support" class category for a reason; he provides support from behind. Unless you have a good balance of classes, SPECIALLY spies, engineers and medics, you will fucking lose.

Play at least one full round with every class. A) You get an achievement and B) you get to understand the ins and outs of each character. I personally recommend getting two hours of playtime out of each class before you really start trying to learn any maps that aren't 2Fort and Orange and start playing WELL. You must be able to play as any class in a pinch situation and this is SPECIALLY true for Medic and Engineer and for Spy if you're bogged down due to a sentry etc.

For character specifics;

Scouts:

For Control points, remember that a Scout captures points twice as fast as he counts as two people on points. This is insanely important in the start game, where the most effective strategy is for everyone to be scout and QUICKLY secure the first two and MAYBE three points within SECONDS. You can also double jump. The scout, however, isn't the God character of this game. Yes, he's strong and yes, he's got a really powerful weapon, but a Pyro or a heavy or a soldier or a Demo or a Sentry can COMPLETELY wreck your shit. You literally cannot survive for over 2 seconds in front of a level 2 sentry. Level 3s usually don't even have to waste their rockets on you. If you are not a SUPER scout, switch to a different class IMMEDIATELY after you get the first three points and are killed for the first time. Scouts are also basically the best for capturing the intelligence, seeing as they can evade all shit with their speed and double jump. DO NOT rush a Heavy.

Soldiers:

Master your Rocket Jump, as it GREATLY benefits your maneuverability. Aim for splash damage; the Direct Hit and Black Box and shit have NOTHING on the default rocket launcher. It's strong, has the most ammo and the biggest splash radius. Don't bother switching it. However, most DEFINITELY switch your shovel for ANYTHING else ASAP. Your shotgun is also incredibly versatile, so use it over long ranges, as it's extremely good at getting hits with little to no actual aiming.

Pyro:

INTEGRAL attack character. Do NOT W+M1 with the pyro, meaning do NOT just hold W (moving forward) and fire your flamethrower in the hope that the guy frantically backpedaling and shooting at you will suddenly think it wise to run directly at you, because they won't. Pyro's the master of ambush and wreaking havoc everywhere in enemy territory.

Demoman:

This is the "pro" class of TF2. Anyone can use him, but if you master him, he will kill everyone's shit. Also, his taunt with his primary weapon shows off his dick. Your grenade launcher is not like in COD or shit. IT will only explode on contact if it hits an enemy, otherwise you're literally just launching actual, timed grenades which bounce around. When you don't make immediate contact, they're basically area denial devices; nobody with a brain will step near the place that ticking grenades are chilling at. Then your sticky bomb launcher is fucking great. It's basically C4 explosives that you can shoot a huge way over and can deploy 8 at a time, and they'll peace out till you either die or blow them up with a right-click.

Heavy:

Do not under or overestimate. You ARE still mortal and your ammo IS still limited. However, you DO still have a shitload of both. Here's the math: Your minigun does 500 damage per second. The highest health any class can have is 450 on an overhealed enemy. However, your minigun DOES have a short rev-up time that may mean death. You can pre-rev your gun by holding down right-mouse, but you'll slow to a crawl while it's revved/shooting. Buddy up with a Healer; the overcharge is a huge advantage and so is being healed. Also, the ubercharge is basically essential for taking out holed enemy sentry guns.

Engineer:

YOU ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE TEAM. Figure out the best place to put a sentry, where it will defend as much ground as possible but still not be vulnerable. Your dispensers are also invaluable; not only will they give you metal to build more shit, they'll heal you. Third, your teleporters are basically sent from God. The best use of them in Capture The Flag is to put the entry at a safe area that's a lot closer to the enemy base than your own flag room (like the sewer corner on 2Fort) and put the exit INSIDE your flag room, so as to allow MUCH, MUCH faster flag captures with much, MUCH less risk involved. Otherwise, lay it out so your team can continually lay on the pressure by teleporting straight to the fray.

Medic: You are THE OTHER BACKBONE OF THE TEAM. Medics heal. Simple. Don't be afraid to "COME AT ME, BRO" people with your bonesaw and your syringe gun if you feel threatened. You're not a docile class. Also, your Ubercharge might be the most important ability in the game; 10 seconds of invincibility for your partner heavy/soldier/demoman is insanely huge and will help take down enemies, sentries and perform flag captures. PLEASE do not waste your Uber on a Sniper or a Spy. Use it on a heavy/soldier/demo.

Sniper:

Don't camp, change your position and don't be a dumb shit. This is not COD. Do not just choose Sniper. Camping will get you fucking slaughtered in this game.

Spy; Sap sentries first and THEN kill the engineer. Actually, sapping sentries is basically the only job you need to perform. Aside from that, only backstab when you can get away with it. By which I mean snipers.
    edited June 2011
    lulz somebody got sniped
    edited June 2011
    Lol, someone has a lot of time on their hands, or you copy pasted.

Typed it from a fucking meeting I didn't even want to go to :mad: Bosses are motherfuckers.
    Mayberry wrote: »
    lulz somebody got sniped

Read, bitch. This is not COD.
    edited June 2011
    So I was sniping other snipers while the rest of my team pushed the cart. Also, I tossed jars of pee.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited June 2011
    When are there usually games? Is there a group invite i can join in?

oh btw
    no need to charge with sniper...quick snipe and headshot as many people as possible..
    I also played competitve spy..so i know a lot of tactics ^_^
  • edited June 2011
    Actually, charging the sniper rifle can be very useful when you're taking out buffed heavies. When they're overhealed, a regular headshot won't take them down. Also, the jarate is pretty useful in a lot situations as it allows you to get mini-crits on your opponents. Don't forget that in some maps, you'll need to use the razorback instead though :thumbsup:
    edited June 2011
    We should get ourselves a server. I found a place to buy TF2 servers for a decent price.

For 12 months (15% off compared to paying monthly) for a 25 slot TF2 server plus a 15 Slot Ventrillo server (50% if bought with the TF2 server) it comes to a grand total of

$343.74

Which honestly isn't too bad if we all chip in. It's for a whole year.

What do you guys think? I'm willing to chip in around $50 if I have to. Maybe I'll set up a paypal and throw 50 bucks on it and everyone can donate until we hit the goal?

Oh yea, and without the Vent server its $318.24

But I think we should get it anyway :P
  • edited June 2011
    I don't think we should bother with the vent server, might as well just use Skype or something. It's just as cool.
    edited June 2011
    Not worth it.
    edited June 2011
    NAh, you won't get bored in a week, but a server's a dumb idea anyway. We don't need a ded-server, we can just start games once in a while.
    edited June 2011
    Paco, you always want to chip into something. Islands, servers, I wonder whats next... Hookers! Right?

I like buying things, get off my back.

But how is it not worth it?

It comes down to 28 bucks a month, if its between like 4 people its 7 bucks a month per person.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad way to advertise totse, other people would be playing on our server as well and we can have an ad for totse when they first join.
  • edited July 2011
    Obviously I think it's a good idea, as I play TF2 a lot and I definitely see the value in buying a server to play on. I'm lacking money though, and I definitely couldn't pay to keep that online. Would be super sweet to have our own server to play on though.