One of the worst fucking days on record. Ever.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So 2 things.

1) The Doctor said I have a tumor in a lymph node under my neck which required urgent treatment. I'm going on holiday on Sunday.

2) I have just tried mounting my USB based Truecrypt volume to find out the 4 years worth of personal work on there has been corrupted.

I'm going for a walk with a machete. Seriously. Pissed doesn't even come close.

Comments

• theshadowfaxtheshadowfax New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    My sympathies with the tumor man, I've actually got one of the nasty fucks in my brain. Hope you start to see improvement after treatment.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    lolol you have cancer, I hope you never talk again. JK, best of luck. Wish you get through it fine.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    good luck buddy. cancer is shit.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited June 2011
    Shit sucks on both counts, the cancer however being the worse of the two of course. Sorry to hear man.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited June 2011
    pray man pray.
  • edited June 2011
    That sucks balls man, you really have more than your fair share of health problems to contend with, and it seems like any time you get a handle on one, something else pops up. Good that the tumor was caught before it could go global on you, though.

C/O
    "Scotland The Brave"
  • edited June 2011
    Ouch, that doesn't sound very good at all :( I'm sure it will all work out for you, although the Truecrypted shit isn't coming back and I think you should learn a lesson from that. It's the same lesson I've had to learn about 3 times in the past - USB flash drives are VERY unreliable!

Get well soon bro.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    looks like you dont have much time brah.

Start drinking heavy, consider doing rape, maybe a shit ton of coke and meth.

have fun with it. You only have, well im no expert like 2 months maybe of good healty living

before that fucker spreads. Dont let it get you down.

:thumbsup:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Got scans etc tomorrow so will update you all with how it goes. Lol at the "you're gonna die soon", as I've already had that news in my life. Once was enough to make me impervious to it ;) the machete went well with a bottle of wine and a ton of Tramadol. Was the happiest guy alive. Also sleeping downstairs in this heat. My room is like a fucking hotbox, and not the weed type either.
    edited June 2011
    Just chilling on the sofa watching Blackadder. Baldrick FTW. I don't sleep in my room at home as it's so effing hot, and the fan makes it too effing cold. My internal thermometer is wrecked.
    Phoned the missus and seeing her Thursday. Blood tests etc today (well, in 11 hours) but shattered as hell. My Sister had her Prom today and all I can think of now are the awkward flashbacks from my house parties at her age. I hated my prom, and instead woke everyone up at 5:30am after cycling to the site with firecrackers and a BB gun as they all went camping and it pissed down. Glad I did. My best mate copped off with a whale who is my age (~21) and now has 2 kids.

Also, related:

Hugh Lawrie actually sounds like my old Modern Europe Lecturer. Also, time to sleep. Shattered.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Heat gets you as well when you're sleeping eh? I can't do anything about it either, it sucks. Every single night in the summer is WAY too hot in here - I've just had to open windows at either side of the house just to get some cool air blowing through. In the winter, it gets so cold in here that I have to keep all the stuff shut completely. There's no in between, it sucks.

My room is facing the east, and it's also facing a bunch of other houses which are pretty tall. Whenever there's an easterly wind (which isn't actually that common, or so I've found) the houses across the street usually block a lot of the breeze out. No wind for me = hot room.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Im very sorry to hear of it :( At least it'll get treated though, the worst thing would for it to be left unnoticed.

Store stuff online instead, Im using Sugarsync to store all my documents. Dropbox is a popular option as well.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Fuck, I hope everything pans out mate. I would be happy to help with Data Recovery but it's a TC volumn. Try GetDataBack.
    edited June 2011
    So I went to the Hospital today. Was pretty jacked up on Codeine and Tramadol. My tolerance is so low now that 100mg, the reccommended dose of Tramadol, got me buzzed - plus 60mg Codeine so I was nicely fucked. This is coming from a guy that has had a good, fortnight long break from a 5 year abuse of opiates. Oh, and not eaten anything either.

Anyway, went there for my blood tests and scans etc. It all went well until after the blood test. It took them a while to find a vein but after that I sat on a chair outside as I was going to give my bloods to the haemotology department, then it hit me. I felt lightheaded but not this lightheaded before. Put my head on my knees and before I knew it I woke up on the floor with Nurses fanning me and a Couple making gestures going "hah, fan him!" and all i recall was going "yeah you can point and laugh if you want" and they asked me about my girlfriend. odd as I haven't told them about her so must have said something. Was funny, and the results will be available tomorrow.

89N.jpg
    edited June 2011
    UPDATE!

I got a call an hour ago and after the tests yesterday, turns out it is benign. Still something to keep an eye on, but it's not an immediate or medium term threat. In other words, I'm in the clear. That was after, they said "a long, hard look at the results". Can't knock the NHS at all.

Girlfriend should be round in a minute and will tell her. Also, the sun is shining plus I miss the open space at home, so I'm off to explore them...with this
    jNf.jpg

Pic will be deleted in an hour ;) Salvia, MXE, 2g mushrooms, tramadol, codeine, 75mg MDMA and she is bringing her stash. Let the celebrations before I fly away begin.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    ^Congrats mate, Just be careful.
  • edited June 2011
    Days when some great worry is listed from your mind are special, I usually celebrate with a beer and a joint in the shower while singing this:

[ame="

Damn, missed the photo!

C/O
    "yes you can smoke a joint in the shower!"