The Letter A

DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Life
It was meant to symbolize the capstone , the top of the pyramid. the first letter of the alphabet is meant to make you remember who is in charge. At least in linguistic theory , (or my personal theory anyways)

patriatchy of the pyramid rules , to a certain extent . etc. etc.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Never thought of it that way.
  • DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    The capital A (with the imagery of the capstone) holds superior imagery over the lower case letter a , hence it's orientated towards to patriarchal domination style of this age.

The "capital" A (the one that is used for important words) is the one that also resembles the traditional triangle which in relation to jewish lore coincides with the male principle ... i.e. the penis (whereas the reverse is the vagina...nice!)

hence perpetuating the patriarchal rule up until this point (no im just joking)

the lower case "a" obviously encourages the inferiority of something smaller like a female, it perpetuates our hegemonic masculine society , because you were not intelligent enough to not know that you were just told what to do.

duh?
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    The pooch screwed the rolling shit downhill, into a fan. Like that kind of patriarchy?
  • DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    That's not how it works
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Asshole, makes sense.

I am reading Rick RiordanThe Red Pyramid and what you say makes sense.