How to commit a near-perfect murder

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Man Cave
So I was watching this and thinking to myself about what would be a realistic near-perfect murder. Of course, you could talk about a bath of acid or whatever, but some people don't have access to that.
Instead - what about using the land, spreading the body parts out, disfiguring the parts to prolong the ID process etc.

Anyone have any input? I'll get back to this later as it's one of those "spur-of-the-thought" threads whereby I have to leave my place in 10 minutes.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    The more elaborate and 'clever' a murder is the more likely it'll fuck it up in the long run. Something that looks like a natural cause or an accident is probably the best option, but even then motive, opportunity and means will make you a suspect. Specific methods of dispatching someone 'naturally' would have to be very carefully researched.Trying to evade detection is probably a waste of time; you can't outrun DNA, even if you can, temporarily, think of future DNA databasing/technological advancements.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Find a hooker.

Fuck a hooker.

Beat the hooker.
    (remove teeth and fingernails before next step)

Dump the body in a barrel in mid of nowhere

pour a lot of diesel fuel, ignite

Profit.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I realised the whole acid thingis for those who have the time or esources and nerve, hence why I didn't really think it was a good idea for the layman murderer.

The ice weapon sounds pretty good, actually. Made me think of the Mythbusters "Ice bullet" episode.
    I was thinking of any kind of dental, fingerprint and other distinguishing features. Surely once the po-po have found the hypothetical body, they/coroner/database wouldn't recognise them? How many people go missing and are considered cold cases, eh? Quite a few I'm guessing.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Lime+hole+water+dirt+5 days.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Kill someone with a icicle. The evidence will melt away! I tried it before.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Push someone of a or a high place like a bridge. Handy if they are depressed beforehand so it is a relatively easy suicide case. Only thing to think about is how to cover yourself so if you are asked you can tell them where you were and you have independent witnesses to verify that.

What you could do is push him off the bridge, and then phone the ambulance a couple of minutes later. However, you would have to be a very good actor to maintain the image of grief. Also, it would mean you would have to stalk your victim and create a diary of everywhere he goes each week so you can keep a track of him movements. Only then can you find the right timing.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    post on ur fb/twitter what u r doin with "witnesses" however, u b murkin
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Kill someone with a icicle. The evidence will melt away! I tried it before.

I once had a quick thought about using pykrete instead, so that it wouldn't melt before you got to the target; obviously it shouldn't be the primary plan for a murderer as there are much better ways.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited April 2011
    post on ur fb/twitter what u r doin with "witnesses" however, u b murkin

I recall a discussion on a forum I casually came across some time ago where they were sharing scripts for various websites such as twitter and facebook for updating statuses and using the computer in general to act as an alibi. Upon reflection it wouldn't act as a strong alibi and the idea requires more thought. There are better options.
  • edited April 2011
    Step 1. Shoot your whore of a wife
    Step 2. Blame your 2 1/2 year old son
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/26/florida.toddler.shooting/
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited May 2011
    Seal the body in a metal drum, fill with cement, fly over the ocean and dump it.
  • edited May 2011
    Seal the body in a metal drum, fill with cement, fly over the ocean and dump it.

Just dump it in the ocean straight up.

That's what Pinochet did with thousands of Chileans, and they never turned up.

EDIT: Shit, nevermind. They were tied to bits of railroad-track.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited May 2011
    Just dump it in the ocean straight up.

That's what Pinochet did with thousands of Chileans, and they never turned up.

EDIT: Shit, nevermind. They were tied to bits of railroad-track.

That's how the mob got rid of people back in the day. They simply dropped them off the face of the Earth.
    edited May 2011
    Heh, I met Pinochet when I was 9 :D my Grandad was involved in the case. Can't remember much other than the moustache and creepy, possibly paedophilic smile.

Would go the Dexter route for a perfect muder though, or as perfect as can be.
    edited June 2011
    For reasons known to myself, I declare this thread resurrected.
    I suppoe an accidental or natural looking death would be the best option. Depending on the person depends on the death. Also a ranged or close-up attack? I guess you can go one of two ways

1) Murder and leave the bosy to look like an accident
    2) Murder in whatever way and leave (as said in the "how to dispose of a body" thread) in a wrap of chicken wire with no place for gas to build up, a load of rocks and a deep body of water.

Get researching, RemadE.
  • edited June 2011
  • Sanity0verRatedSanity0verRated Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Burn them alive with thermite.
  • GelidGelid New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    No need to dispose of the body; just don't leave any evidence.