Jack Daniel's new bottle

MordFustangMordFustang Regular
edited July 2011 in Life
So I just got a handle (1.75L) of Jack and couldn't help but notice that they've changed the design of the bottle.

I think it looks pretty cool :cool:

Anyone else pick one up? I think it's a bit more sleek/modern.

Comments

• LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited June 2011
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited June 2011
    4res0j.jpg
    29nywdv.jpg
    2py0z2c.jpg
    2ch82q.jpg
    2cfp1yg.jpg
    33a6hy1.jpg

When I went to the package store to pick it up they had a giant inflatable Jack Daniel's bottle out front.

The biggest difference I notice is the corners of the bottle are more squared off than the last style.

Oh and they don't list the awards on the label on this one.
    edited June 2011
    BTW I love the 8 MegaPixel camera on my phone.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    OLD

I don't see you posting anything about it :p
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry that your vocabulary is limited to three letter words. Maybe some day you will lean how to use different words to form a coherent sentence.:thumbsup:
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry that your vocabulary is limited to three letter words. Maybe some day you will lean how to use different words to form a coherent sentence.:thumbsup:

Maybe some day you'll learn how to spell
    edited June 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    Maybe some day you'll learn how to spell

Maybe someday I won't be shitfaced, but I doubt it.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe you'll grow up one day
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    That bottle looks plastic, :thumbsdown: to JD if they switched to plastic bottles.

Still glass sir, Still glass.
  • edited July 2011
    I think it looks pretty good actually. I think I probably prefer it to the original design, although that was good as well. I don't drink JD much anyway so I guess it doesn't bother me too much.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Good, cause I was worried JD don goofed.
    JDs won't done goof. They wouldn't wanna to get cyber policed.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited July 2011
    I gott that bottle, sip steadily, slam shots or make mixes... I dunno :confused:
    edited July 2011
    I fill up a tall glass with ice and drink it straight. So it's like sippin it, but a whole lot.
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I think it looks pretty good actually. I think I probably prefer it to the original design, although that was good as well. I don't drink JD much anyway so I guess it doesn't bother me too much.

It's definitely a subtle change, but one I thought the more thorough alcoholics on &T would notice. I agree I do like it a wee bit more than the original.

I haven't tried the new "Honey" flavor yet. It's more geared towards females but I'd like to see how it tastes.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    y'all tried the honey JD? I heard its nice. Personally I hate whisky, bourbon, scotch and cooking with ay variation of it. But Baarenjaager is nice in the winter.

P.S I'm not lookin forward to workin the 4th weekend all hungover. I got an aderall for the morning, so we will see. Friday before the 4th is a bad time to introduce a whole new menu. Fuck carmelizing onions to order, I can't time a MR.. Ribeye Encrusted w/ a fried shrimp basket if you fire the fuckin' ticket before you tell me about it. I HATE MY JOB... SOMEONE HIRE ME TO MAKE FOOD. ILL WORK FOR 12CASH CHEAPY fuck this management shit. Hey, at least I didn't buy the 8ball. !!!!COOK OR DIE!!!!
    edited July 2011
    My girl loves it, it should be a crime to mess with good whisky, but the honey JD is alright. I definitely wouldn't drink it on my own though.
    If it's anything like the honey wild turkey, I'll pass .... sickening. :o
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2011
    shit whiskey is shit no matter what the packaging looks like. drink real whiskey.
    edited July 2011
    Wild turkey made a honey too? :confused:
    Yah! Someone bought me back a duty freebie recently. Tasted like WT but loaded with sugar. :(
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    Although I hate the taste of JD, I've always thought they had cool looking bottles.
  • xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
    edited July 2011
    i dont c the difference.
    edited July 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    shit whiskey is shit no matter what the packaging looks like. drink real whiskey.

What do you like to drink? I am tired of Jim Beam and Jack is just a different taste to mix things up. I would love some suggestions.
    edited July 2011
    Fang will tell you to get some 30 yo scotch made by the last priest of some distant little temple. It will probably cost 4 grand.

I figured as much. I also got some 151... But not for the taste;)