Mods, Global Mods, Must Read.

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Infractions
There has been a revision added to the report function. Mods can use it for reporting users who're causing porblems in their moderated section. Users who intentionally de-raile, spam or posts tons of images just to fill the thread fall in this category. This does not mean any users does this can be reported.

No, only proven users who're a problem in various other sections and who after being told to stop via PM, Official warning still don't stop fall into this category. Fatty, Hab etc. are prime examples.

Since we don't have an infraction for off topic posting or de-railment, you mods can't ban. I am not adding one any time soon since it makes things hard to control, plus it opens door for abuse.

Since the start we have tired to maintain a balance of lulz and contributions but it seems some users think that this whole forums is just a place to troll and take a stinky dump. I can't let this happen.

You see a user doing this in serious sections, ( exclude SG,HB and Flesh Art ) you just report him and in your report you must add a review.

For example:
User reported: Fatty
Reason: De-railing, Spam.

Your report:
Fatty has been posting images and memes and posting garbage threads in this section. I pm'ed him and asked him to stop but he didn't listen and he keeps on doing this throughout the forums. After removing his posts, he still posts again. I request this user be handled.

^Something like this, then the mods can add their feedback and if we all agree, the user in question will be put on lockdown. We will use various methods but in the end he will be stopped from using Totse.info features until he learns his lessons.

We don't permanently ban users ( In the past we did ban user, Spectral and DaGuru were one of them but then policy was changed and we decided to try other methods, oh and we do BAN users who break the rules, I added this because DaGuru thought I was hiding things, which I wasn't) but that could change if we're dealing with someone who doesn't cooperate no matter what.

You're allowed to put your own guidelines in your sections. In the end it's the local mod call to report the users or not.

Discuss.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Excellent idea but I feel you stopped a little short by not allowing bans for such behavior. At least allow mods to forum ban for 73 hours for repeat offenses. Otherwise I feel it sends a message to those users that this is just a paper tiger.

Also I feel their should be an off topic infraction in the serious discussion forums. If a mod abuses this they can be dealt with the same as anyone else who does not follow the rules. 1st true abuse they get a warning and a review in M&A where they can explain their side of things and the administration can re-train them if needed.

If they do not learn from this and continue to abuse the off topic infraction the they can be demoted to demi mod for say 2 weeks. If they still continue to abuse the off topic infraction after that then they are simply demodded.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Excellent idea but I feel you stopped a little short by not allowing bans for such behavior. At least allow mods to forum ban for 73 hours for repeat offenses. Otherwise I feel it sends a message to those users that this is just a paper tiger.

Also I feel their should be an off topic infraction in the serious discussion forums. If a mod abuses this they can be dealt with the same as anyone else who does not follow the rules. 1st true abuse they get a warning and a review in M&A where they can explain their side of things and the administration can re-train them if needed.

If they do not learn from this and continue to abuse the off topic infraction the they can be demoted to demi mod for say 2 weeks. If they still continue to abuse the off topic infraction after that then they are simply demodded.

Well, that can be done. Lets see what others have to say on this.
    edited July 2011

Dfg wrote: »
    Well, that can be done. Lets see what others have to say on this.

To those reading this I would point out that the section in red represents the same "3 strike" method that any other user is afforded when they break a rule. User get a PM request, a warning, and then a ban for the appropriate time period. The only difference would be that once demodding took place for abuse of this function it is permanent, unlike the temp bans for infractions.
    edited July 2011
    If this idea were to happen, the moderator should be demodded at the second offense, as they were corrected and "retrained". <---My opinion.

I have no problem with that so long as we do away with the PM request before a warning is issued to a regular user. 2 strikes or 3 so long as it is the same for everyone.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    If this idea were to happen, the moderator should be demodded at the second offense, as they were corrected and "retrained". <---My opinion.

Agreed. If they can't see the error of their ways the second time round then they should be demodded. Although I don't see our current mods doing something stupid like that, we need to send a strong message to all our mods and users showing that we will not take anymore shit from them. One warning and if they still don't listen then they are demodded or banned.
    edited July 2011
    Agreed. If they can't see the error of their ways the second time round then they should be demodded. Although I don't see our current mods doing something stupid like that, we need to send a strong message to all our mods and users showing that we will not take anymore shit from them. One warning and if they still don't listen then they are demodded or banned.

I agree as stated above.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the input, I will devise a system for it. Right now BHD and Fatty are locked out.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011

So that we are all on the same page, Mods get two strikes, and the community gets 3, right? I think mods should be held to a tighter standard.

Mods should get one chance and if they don't change their attitude then they are demodded. No exceptions.
    edited July 2011
    What I meant was, oh wait...

Never mind.

So that we are all on the same page, Mods get two strikes, and the community gets 3, right? I think mods should be held to a tighter standard.

2/3 is fine by me. Although I would reason that habitual abusers of say the report function for example don't get 3 strikes every time the want to play a round so to speak. In other words is anyone suggesting that a PM request be sent out once for every 3 violations by a given user?

Scenario:

suerwithaspidname abuses the report function 15 times over a 3 month period. Does this mean that 5 PM request are sent? I would propose that in the isolated cases such as this, that will occur from time to time, that after the first 3 strikes for the same violation that the courtesy of a request PM for that particular violation not be extended to that user.

In the above scenario the real difference would be 5 bans for 15 violations vs 7 bans for 15 violations.
  • edited July 2011
    So basically, we see a shitty post/thread and we can report it, discuss it, then take appropriate action? Sounds good to me. I have a lot of reading to do, this thread has filled up quite quickly. I like the idea though, this place needs some moderation :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So basically, we see a shitty post/thread and we can report it, discuss it, then take appropriate action? Sounds good to me. I have a lot of reading to do, this thread has filled up quite quickly. I like the idea though, this place needs some moderation :thumbsup:

You report the user doing the shitting :). Then that user gets taken care off :D.