Request, Read it

Comments

• LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    LOL, great thinking DFG. Oh well whatever. :facepalm:
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    Y did tdr become mod again.. for real? all i'm saying is talk is talk.. deliver. but whenever you say freedom of speech, mean it..
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited July 2011
    Y did tdr become mod again.. for real? all i'm saying is talk is talk.. deliver. but whenever you say freedom of speech, mean it..
    He should obviously never have been made a mod in the first place, much less reinstated. Right now he should be removed... fuck the "feelings" and the "pity" approach. He made his bed, now let him lie in it. Maybe he'll learn something... a good lesson... for the next time. Who knows?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011

Rodent was never de-modded with any sense of sincerity, instead it was just more ruses, games and politics that Dfg was playing behind the scenes. That is why threads like this are just an utter joke in most people's eyes when reading them....because Dfg continues to play games rather than put any serious effort in for the longer term bigger picture or even *GASP* future for this place.

Dfg will continue to be short sighted and impulsive....making decisions more on what will benefit his own emotions or his "friends"(?)" that he chooses to align himself with no matter how toxic they are for him or this place.

At this point the userbase must heed the obvious message Dfg has sent us all these months....Rodent IS Totse.info's version of Wires.....whatever Wires/Rodent wants, Zok/Dfg will fall over himself to provide. And to hell with what the userbase or common sense dictates, Rodent WILL be right by Dfg's side the whole way.....even if it means wallowing in an irrelevant shithole because the two of them are such hypocritical posers.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    ? TDR is wires?

I asked him to contribute in the News Section and he did, Buddha went through the same process.

Stop making stories.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    ? TDR is wires?

I asked him to contribute in the News Section and he did, Buddha went through the same process.

Stop making stories.

No making stories.

You allowed him to make an alt account with your blessing for "entertainment" value.

You modded him despite him being a KNOWN snitch/tattle taler.

You endorse his haphazard modding that causes MORE drama than it puts out.

You demodded him without any sense of sincerity.

You then remodded him to fall in line with whatever stupid plan you have going on behind the scenes.

He IS the little "special needs" BITCH you continue to coddle to the detriment of this website. He holds grudge after grudge with so many users, and not JUST the trolls like Fatty....but legitimate contributors that USED to give a crap about this place until you alligned yourself with such a piece of shit.

No. Stories. In. The. Least.

Each and EVERY one of those comments above is truthful history just here at .info. Now go ahead and avoid ALL OF THAT, because when faced with all of that accurate discourse usually its about time for your power to go out, Raven needs you, or some other bullshit excuse AVOIDING how profoundly stupid you are along with how much of an OBVIOUS two-faced liar you now come off to anyone that pokes there head in and follows along even for just a little while.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    On a side note....just a couple hours in, and you are ALREADY proving just how empty this thread and its purpose in. Because while you are so busy spewing empty rhetoric and fairy tales......SG is getting spammed with meaningless/contentless threads, and none of you people are doing a god damn thing about it.

Talk is quite cheap....and you are proving quite well just how "able" you are to handle this whole concept.

"Errrrr ummmmm, but I'm not really sure exactly what the difference is between slobber and substance....because deep down I do enjoy the slobber, and I'm only saying these things since I'm backed into a corner"~~~~~Talkin all the TALK, but not even trying to walk the WALK.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Already taken care of. It was some BS posted by FATTY, which I moved to HB.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Please remember that only the section mod, global and admin can do anything in a particular section. Also, please link the posts and threads you are talking about, at a quick glance, I don't see anything.

The threads I was referring to have finally been removed, the only one I can remember off the top of my head was something Fatty originated that had some pic of some fat dude with a katana in his hand. That was in SG for hours, and hadn't been touched until after I put up that most recent post.

As for your comment (or is it EXCUSE?) about policy/procedure of which staff member can do what....that is a bunch of mindless bullshit and you know it. You folks PERMA BANNED ME witha full IP ban as well for months.....and I never broke one rule. You are NOW CHOOSING to play the game of procedure, politics, and rules....when there are far better/quicker ways to go about it.

But hey, don't let me stop you and eveyrone else that is clearly ENJOYING THE GAME you are playing with all this posing, posturing and mod button pushing. You can't take the EASY way out and just perma-ban the pissant like you did me, instead you rather play it out this way. Have fun! :cool:

Please understand any reference to "you" is only relative to "you-the staff"...when discussing other/older topics in regard to the modding of these boards. However I DO mean "you" as in Boozer personally, when trying to blow smoke up some of our asses as if you (the staff) HAVE to stick to your current policy and procedure when you (the staff) have countless other ways to deal with this that would be much more effective.
  • edited July 2011
    I didn't remove it sooner because I wasn't online to actually see it. I can't be here 24/7, and when I came on I was checking these threads first. I removed the posts as soon as I saw your notification, so thanks for the heads up.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    You seem to be missing a point, a section mod can only use the mod "button" inside their own section. I cannot do anything you can't in forums other than IFIOTW. The options are disabled, just like IP's are disabled. It is not a policy or procedure that keeps other section mods from doing things in other sections, the tools are simply not available to them.

And you are missing the simple point I'm trying to make. You-(the staff) punted my ass clean over the fence without giving one iota about policy, procedure, rules, precedent, repercussions, or anything else. And despite the fact I AM a legit Totsean from the original, I never broke a rule, do post on-topic, and with thought provoking effort.......you (the staff) threw out any shred of righteousness or common sense to remove me from the premises.

But the OBVIOUS problem people that nobody has any care or concern for (except for similar spastic kidiots) are going to be dealt with in the very drawn out, "proper"(ELL OH FUCKIN ELL), beauracratic approach.

Keep on trumpeting protocol Boozer, you are just hammering my argument home that much more with every wasted piece of text just TALKING ABOUT removing the problem posters from this website. :facepalm: Xmillions.
  • edited July 2011
    I can't even remember what happened, but weren't you banned for a good reason? Also, I'm pretty sure that it was also a mistake which we learned from. We don't want to ban people here, that's the reason why FATTY isn't banned forever. Besides, what good would that do? He can just sign up with another account in seconds. Having the policy in place which allows us to infract a user works much better than banning them repeatedly.

That's how I feel anyway :)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I can't even remember what happened, but weren't you banned for a good reason? Also, I'm pretty sure that it was also a mistake which we learned from. We don't want to ban people here, that's the reason why FATTY isn't banned forever. Besides, what good would that do? He can just sign up with another account in seconds. Having the policy in place which allows us to infract a user works much better than banning them repeatedly.

That's how I feel anyway :)

Good reason? Well, Rodent started a thread giving his demented definition of "step-daddy".....and when I had the audacity to provide a real world lexicon and the rest of civilized speaking society as my proof to how he was wrong, I was gone a couple of hours later.

Oh sure, Dfg spun some bullshit about how I was off-topic posting in the suggestion forum....when I was trying to address bigger root issues of smaller problems people were bringing to the table (ironically enough some of those issues were discussing spastic kidiots like Fatty), but at the end of the day I was given a FULL RANGE IP BAN FOR MULTIPLE MONTHS for doing nothing more than a disagreeing (and far too often accurate) opinion with the wrong people.

That WAS my penalty, and for you to be one of the most active and dedicated members here...to "not really remember" the events speaks volumes at just how "horrific" a member I must have been. Its just some grey barely memorable glimpse of history in your eyes, but to Dfg and a couple of others I was this..."enemy of the state" that had to be protected from at every cost. Just for posting my disagreeing text.

Yet here you all are now...PLAYING THIS GAME....with people that are cut and dry problems.

"Errrrrr gee whiz, should we arrest him for jay-walking or loitering?"~~~the detectives on the scene leaning against the car of the perpetrator that has mangled body parts in the back seat, but they are too "stumped" wondering just how the fuck they will collar their suspect. :facepalm:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    I don't know shit from when you got that ban, quit trying to ask me about it.

You still don't get it, even if every section mod on the site wanted to move a thread from say Sex and Affection, the only people who have the permissions to are MissingMuse, globals and admin. Every other mod is like a regular user in sections not their own. I see what you see in S&A, no special options or mod tools. If you still don't get that, then there is nothing I can say, you just won't hear it.

And you still ain't getting it....

Instead of blowing smoke up my ass and everyone else's with your EMPTY BULLSHIT.....why not focus your efforts where it could be most effective? If you or any other moderator had ANY SHRED OF INTEGRITY....you would be in your precious M & A right now simply saying.....

"Gee whiz Dfg, if the IP perm-ban worked on DaGuru, and you didn't have to have any legit "reason" or "rule" for that other than bullshit rhetoric.....why can't you just do the same to Fatty and his Gang of Failures"???

And then you keep pressing Dfg with the same intensity you press me, and don't settle for his vague bullshit or power outtages as his "answers"....until he spells it out perfectly and coherently as to why that can't happen.

Instead, you rather WASTE TIME playing pattycake with me in these threads with all this talk about bullshit, rhetoric, and procedure..... as if you could win an argument on this end when history and truth are on my side. :facepalm:

Keep on TALKING fellas...keep on TALKING!
  • edited July 2011
    It IS a little hazy, but I seem to remember your disagreeing was causing us a lot of grief because our team of moderators was simply overwhelmed with it all. I'll admit that I just thought that you were just hanging around to pick us apart at the seams, and I had no idea what to do about it so I just sat at the sidelines, which is probably why I don't really remember it. I think the IP ban you were issued with was beneficial as we quickly regrouped and discussed things. Since then we've strengthened up and learned from mistakes, and I'm pretty sure you were unbanned when everything had settled down and we all knew what we were doing.

That's my reason anyway - I was a crappy moderator and I just went along with it all at the time. I don't disagree with it now though, and what's in the past is stuff I can't really care less about anyway. Does it really matter in the long run? Or do you feel that strongly about it?
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Thank the Lord (or Allah for DFG :P) for the topic posted!!!

One observation if I may: this topic has been sidetracked into either personal quarrels or stuff that a mod has done wayyyyy back in the past (when things were different). Firstly how does this help and secondly how an earth are we ever meant to move forward if the same tripe keeps being brought back up? :) Just a thought.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Thank the Lord (or Allah for DFG :P) for the topic posted!!!

One observation if I may: this topic has been sidetracked into either personal quarrels or stuff that a mod has done wayyyyy back in the past (when things were different). Firstly how does this help and secondly how an earth are we ever meant to move forward if the same tripe keeps being brought back up? :) Just a thought.

I am good at filtering stuff, when it comes to long old tales. I learned my mistakes from the past and I try not to repeat them. DaGuru and Spectral were my mistakes in the past and I am always trying to fix it, it's just sad they don't let go and focus on future.

Well, we can move forward and we do that all the time. This step was just another step and we're just trying to figure out our way through this maze. It's not easy considering that you have to listen to everyone but in the end, things work out.

The bitching won't stop and we can't stop it, the only way is to fix the source of the problem. Some users might think that Spectral and DaGuru are causing more harm but in reality they bitch because they see something wrong and in return others bitch because they bitch too much. To end their bitching you just find the problem and fix it and the cycle repeats itself.

I don't mind bitching but spamming and posting garbage over and over again is something that I don't think belongs on totse.info.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2011
    P.S. nice to see you're bringing Islamic freedom of speech back

Maybe this time -SpectraL will stay banned

You're probably the worst thing about this place. At least with Pacino we all know his other side from the troll and doesn't constantly make the effort to act like a little 3 year old 24/7. I don't doubt the will of a troll to work tirelessly til the very second his ban expires to start trolling again. I did that shit on Zoklet and soon after realized I wasted a year in a half doing something nobody gave a shit about or remembers. You don't hear them talking about me, we wont be talking about you when you're gone.

You don't represent the Old Totse, probably were never even a member, and you sure as fuck don't represent the New Totse. Hell you are probably just a bastard step-child from even Zoklet itself that's why you're here wasting your time. Most people don't even waste their time reporting or banning shitbags for one simple reason. Real old school trolls know to just ignore them and scroll past the thread and eventually they'll be deleted posts/threads when Moderators are present.

Someday you'll find something to do with your spare time that's worth a fuck and stop coming here for awhile and realize how much of your life you wasted.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    You're probably the worst thing about this place. At least with Pacino we all know his other side from the troll and doesn't constantly make the effort to act like a little 3 year old 24/7. I don't doubt the will of a troll to work tirelessly til the very second his ban expires to start trolling again. I did that shit on Zoklet and soon after realized I wasted a year in a half doing something nobody gave a shit about or remembers. You don't hear them talking about me, we wont be talking about you when you're gone.

You don't represent the Old Totse, probably were never even a member, and you sure as fuck don't represent the New Totse. Hell you are probably just a bastard step-child from even Zoklet itself that's why you're here wasting your time. Most people don't even waste their time reporting or banning shitbags for one simple reason. Real old school trolls know to just ignore them and scroll past the thread and eventually they'll be deleted posts/threads when Moderators are present.

Someday you'll find something to do with your spare time that's worth a fuck and stop coming here for awhile and realize how much of your life you wasted.

QFT :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    LSA King wrote: »

QFTMFT

I bet Fatty is crying now. So, much for Tuffness.
    edited July 2011
    I am good at filtering stuff, when it comes to long old tales. I learned my mistakes from the past and I try not to repeat them. DaGuru and Spectral were my mistakes in the past and I am always trying to fix it, it's just sad they don't let go and focus on future.

Well, we can move forward and we do that all the time. This step was just another step and we're just trying to figure out our way through this maze. It's not easy considering that you have to listen to everyone but in the end, things work out.

The bitching won't stop and we can't stop it, the only way is to fix the source of the problem. Some users might think that Spectral and DaGuru are causing more harm but in reality they bitch because they see something wrong and in return others bitch because they bitch too much. To end their bitching you just find the problem and fix it and the cycle repeats itself.

I don't mind bitching but spamming and posting garbage over and over again is something that I don't think belongs on totse.info.

^
    This post seems honest enough to me, and I have a gut feeling he means it this time. As I've always said, it's never too late to change as long as the change is from the heart. Time will tell how much this truth will actually amount to.

[quoted for posterity]
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    ^
    This post seems honest enough to me, and I have a gut feeling he means it this time. As I've always said, it's never too late to change as long as the change is from the heart. Time will tell how much this truth will actually amount to.

[quoted for posterity]

Sorry it took me a while to come around. I am not hard case but it takes time to filter out the noise.
    edited July 2011
    Sorry it took me a while to come around. I am not hard case but it takes time to filter out the noise.
    Fair enough. You won't see me ever holding back a man who is trying his best to do the right thing.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2011
    lawl

this is funny

P.S. Good job Dfg on trashing users then unapproving their posts

P.P.S.

bnIcj.png
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    ^This idiot will be next.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2011
    ITT: totse mods follow the path blazed by zoklet mods. hmm, perhaps..just perhaps...it's not the position, but the community that shapes this process.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    BungHole wrote: »
    ITT: totse mods follow the path blazed by zoklet mods. hmm, perhaps..just perhaps...it's not the position, but the community that shapes this process.

We do what's required to keep the community alive.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    BungHole wrote: »

The cunt is back :mad:
  • edited July 2011
    We're not following the path of Cocklet mods at all. We aren't power-crazed nazis, we avoid banned members unless it's for a very good reason and we definitely don't ban people for posting shit that we don't like. Don't worry Bunghole, you'll see.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011

Oh this is rich....considering just 2 days before this post you were still scolding him for being AGAINST the kidiots.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showpost.php?p=199461&postcount=131
    Pm'ed, warned and then infracted. This happens to anyone who uses that feature wrongly, ask Fatty, Pacino and countless others. I would have left him but Pacino created this thread and he was right, because he got banned in the past for just that.

If you have an issue with a users, B&M, PM and other doors are always open.

See how adamant you were claiming Spectral was "righteously punished" because he tried doing his part to clean up the bullshit and worthless posters? And yet NOW you are trying to feign being arm-in-arm with him in this battle. What exactly changed in 2 days time to flip you? Or is that the wave of popular opinion just took you into whatever direction, and possibly hours/days from now you'll change course yet again?

This is why people are losing more and more respect for you as every day goes on. You don't stand up for ANYTHING in this world, and you don't have any sincerity in the least. You spew a lot of TALK, but don't back any of it with any legitimate actions.

See, if you were genuinely "on Spectral's side" in regard to the wars against kidiots....you would have done even more. You would have gone back to that thread where you were "defending" (ELL OH FUCKIN ELL) banning Spectral for trying to do his part, and retracted your original stance making HIM out to be the villian instead of Pacino. But instead you just make some blase comment like this above, without putting any sincere ACTS behind your empty words. Do you even understand the concept of "contrition", actually trying to *GASP* FIX the mistakes you made rather than just acknowledge them and continue to go about your day?

InB4 the wind changes direction some day soon, and Dfg is suddenly on the OTHER side of the fence again with this argument.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    ^

[quoted for posterity]

And you're a big softy who has few weaknesses in this world, but one of the most obvious ones is how you are the consumate optimist so much so at times that it clouds your perception of the facts as they are in front of you.

Yeah, after ALL THESE YEARS that Dfg has enjoyed HB-tripe slobber fests from the likes of Snoopy and the rest of his ilk....and suddenly in 2 days times he realizes that bullshit has no place on Totse. ;)
    edited July 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    And you're a big softy who has few weaknesses in this world, but one of the most obvious ones is how you are the consumate optimist so much so at times that it clouds your perception of the facts as they are in front of you.

Yeah, after ALL THESE YEARS that Dfg has enjoyed HB-tripe slobber fests from the likes of Snoopy and the rest of his ilk....and suddenly in 2 days times he realizes that bullshit has no place on Totse. ;)
    Better to err on the side of the spirit of hope than err on the side of undo criticism. I mean, what if he really does mean what he says this time? It's possible. If that ends up to be true, I don't want to be the one stomping down on his head to push him back down under water.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Better to err on the side of the spirit of hope than err on the side of undo criticism. I mean, what if he really does mean what he says this time? It's possible. If that ends up to be true, I don't want to be the one stomping down on his head to push him back down under water.

^Optimistic thinking, look DaGuru, I told you before and I will told you again. I try to work with everyone, I tried everything with them and when I saw that there is no hope for them, I moved on. I could start doing this and that from day one but I need the community to see the ground reality. What's the point of kicking kidiots when the community supports them? You need to make sure that everyone or the majority sees the problem and only then the solutions will be permanent. Right now Fatty is begging me to perma-ban him, I mean literally begging and I am not banning him because I agreed not to perma ban anyone and I will stick to it.

Try having some faith.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    ^Optimistic thinking, look DaGuru, I told you before and I will told you again. I try to work with everyone, I tried everything with them and when I saw that there is no hope for them, I moved on. I could start doing this and that from day one but I need the community to see the ground reality. What's the point of kicking kidiots when the community supports them? You need to make sure that everyone or the majority sees the problem and only then the solutions will be permanent. Right now Fatty is begging me to perma-ban him, I mean literally begging and I am not banning him because I agreed not to perma ban anyone and I will stick to it.

Try having some faith.

Blah, blah fucking blah...without saying a god-damn thing with any substance. :thumbsdown:

So do you retract your original assessment of Spectral reporting Pacino's posts or not? Answer the fuckin question straight forward and MAYBE people will buy your bullshit believing you have some sense of sincerity around here. Or let me re-phrase the question....who is your more atypical "Totsean"...a model of what you would like the website to grow into? Pacino, or Spectral? :confused:

InB4 more bullshit and hubris, or even if he DOES answer the question(s)....he doesn't back the empty words with practical actions. :fap:

"Faith without works is dead"~~~ Some old wiseman
    edited July 2011
    But there's no way you can come through on things without handing out perma-bans to the spammers, Dfg. Just no way. You should know that by now.
    edited July 2011
    But there's no way you can come through on things without handing out perma-bans to the spammers, Dfg. Just no way. You should know that by now.

With the exception that you don't know what spam is, this is the first thing you have said in almost 6 months that makes sense.
    edited July 2011
    With the exception that you don't know what spam is, this is the first thing you have said in almost 6 months that makes sense.
    Actually, it's you who doesn't know what spam is.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Actually, it's you who doesn't know what spam or a step-daddy is.

Fix'd for historical accuracy. :cool:
  • edited July 2011
    I don't see how perma-banning is going to help though. A user can sign up with another account in like 5 minutes, so why bother perma banning?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    I don't see how perma-banning is going to help though. A user can sign up with another account in like 5 minutes, so why bother perma banning?

And then you perma-ban that account, rinse/repeat. Again, it worked SO SUCCESSFULLY with Spectral and I when we were perma-banned.....as well as 99.873% of the internet not named Zoklet. Why is it everyone else in the world CAN maintain some sense of order or standard for their forums, but its the fuckin Riddle of the Sphinx around here?
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    You say that mods are cranky, well imagine this, you're trying to work on a section and you work hard by keeping the flow of information going and in return you're forced to deal with idiots who think it's fun to just post shit everywhere.
    Fucking christ I know how you feel. This is why I nixed my forum way back when IF THE MODS ARE CRANKY AT YOU MAYBE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I salute you DFG. Little bullshit where you post it and nobody anything goes in half baked etc and should STAY there.

Also I say if someone can't help making such asshattery make their account read only. Hell I'd say make any exit nodes you can find read only too but some people here are with a legit reason to use tor so that wouldn't make so much sense. (Forgive me if I'm not on the dot about how the thing works I've not much experience with vbulliten's banning function.)
  • edited July 2011
    And then you perma-ban that account, rinse/repeat. Again, it worked SO SUCCESSFULLY with Spectral and I when we were perma-banned.....as well as 99.873% of the internet not named Zoklet. Why is it everyone else in the world CAN maintain some sense of order or standard for their forums, but its the fuckin Riddle of the Sphinx around here?

Honestly, it's just because we don't like to ban people - especially permanently. Sure, we COULD perma-ban them then rinse/repeat, but as we don't like to ban members, the method we use of infracting and rinse/repeat works exactly the same.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Honestly, it's just because we don't like to ban people - especially permanently. Sure, we COULD perma-ban them then rinse/repeat, but as we don't like to ban members, the method we use of infracting and rinse/repeat works exactly the same.

So then it sounds to me like you are stuck at an impasse. Because you people CLAIM to "want a board with quality posters/contributions". But then you can't get beyond some mindless rhetoric of "we don't like to ban people".

That's like saying you want to own an oil well and become a millionaire, but refuse to get your boots dirty in the process. YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

So you tell me Trx....at the end of the day, what is MOST important here? Not banning people, or having a quality board?

And honestly, where the hell/who the hell started this mindset of "we don't like banning people"? Seriously, in what other project on this planet would you imagine letting the lowest dredges of society spew their idiocy or poison into said project, and expect it to have any kind of success? What kind of logic is that?

Jesus fuckin christ......I really am to the point of wondering why I even bother any more. Its one thing to enjoy the mental masturbation of these discussions, but the more this thread evolves the more I realize I'm having to talk down lower and lower to my audience and explain the most easily understandable rudimentary ideas. I can't believe how I have to walk you through some of the most simplest concepts with some of you people.

How much simpler can it be to understand if you want something of QUALITY, you can't include turds in the recipe...its just doesn't work that way. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2011
    With some people, their single-minded determination will always be to destroy the forums and the content simply to satisfy their own little sense of self-worth. If you don't ban them, they will take you out. It's either you or them... you can't have both.
    edited July 2011
    ...Jesus fuckin christ......I really am to the point of wondering why I even bother any more. Its one thing to enjoy the mental masturbation of these discussions, but the more this thread evolves the more I realize I'm having to talk down lower and lower to my audience and explain the most easily understandable rudimentary ideas. I can't believe how I have to walk you through some of the most simplest concepts with some of you people.

How much simpler can it be to understand if you want something of QUALITY, you can't include turds in the recipe...its just doesn't work that way. :rolleyes:
    I'm feeling the same way, man. I know exactly what you're saying. The most simple things in the world are like rocket science to some people - they're just that stupid. Very tiring and wearisome.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    If I allow banning, it will come and haunt you guys. Try getting DaGuru unbanned on Zoklet. There are always other ways to taking care of things. It's far easier to keep track of someone with a known account then to ban him and keep a lookout for every fucking day. With no IP logging, it will be a clusterfuck of bans.

I already restricted those asshats and if they they can get kicked from time to time. Perma banning just makes it harder to prevent it.
    edited July 2011
    If I allow banning, it will come and haunt you guys. Try getting DaGuru unbanned on Zoklet. There are always other ways to taking care of things. It's far easier to keep track of someone with a known account then to ban him and keep a lookout for every fucking day. With no IP logging, it will be a clusterfuck of bans.

I already restricted those asshats and if they they can get kicked from time to time. Perma banning just makes it harder to prevent it.

Perm banning without IP's would be pointless.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Perm banning without IP's would be pointless.

^Exactly, it's like telling someone to stop while keeping the backdoor open.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2011
    lmao. you guys sound exactly like the zoklet moderators, trying to figure out how to keep a forum running despite a bunch of dicks who just like to shit on it.

What to do, what to do....if you won't ban them, and they refuse to listen to reason.....then what leverage do you think you have exactly to modify their behavior? (which makes your forums look like shit, if you don't reign it in).

so you end up with pissed off mods who can't do their job, pissed off users who can't have a conversation anywhere that isn't shit upon, and a whole bunch of shitty trolls that you have no means of dealing with, since you don't check IP's.

How is this different from zoklet again?
    edited July 2011
    ^There is some merit to what he is saying, even if it was aggressive.