The Reason Why Car Insurance Is So Expensive In The UK

Watch as these idiots mess about with the police on a dual carriageway in the UK. Driving a typical chav car, the retards in their Citroen Saxo think it would be hilarious to get in the shittest police chase ever recorded on camera, much to the amusement of the other chavs looking onward.

YouTube - Boy racer tries to outrace police - on the wrong side of a dual carriageway

Comments

• edited July 2011
    They're worse than niggers.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    I love the way they say things in the UK. Dual carriageway...how cute!

I've always wanted to live in England based on what I see of it on tv and stuff. How disappointed would I be if I ever got to actually move there?
  • edited July 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    I love the way they say things in the UK. Dual carriageway...how cute!

I've always wanted to live in England based on what I see of it on tv and stuff. How disappointed would I be if I ever got to actually move there?

Some places are nice, some are total shitholes. Same goes for the people as well. I think you'd enjoy it as long as you went somewhere nice instead of hanging around the ghetto areas. Same goes for anywhere though I guess.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ I knew that question was coming. It's one of those things which I've tried explaining to Americans so many times... I can't be bothered anymore. Google it!
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    I think they're pretty much exactly like wiggers over here.
  • edited July 2011
    Chav stands for "Council Housed And Violent". Council houses are houses which are given to scummy poor people who don't have any money because they skipped school and probably went to jail a few times. They then have had kids who are also Chavs, who go around in gangs being douche bags, stealing things, taking "dirty" drugs (like, making a skank out of the habit, not being responsible), being general cunts.

Etc etc etc.
  • echo4818echo4818 Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    that clown laughing needs to get his face punched in...
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Chav stands for "Council Housed And Violent".
    Etc etc etc.

It comes from Charver - a Gypsy word that passed into usage around 150 years ago, it became a Geordie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia colloquialism. I can remember when I was younger old blokes using the term to describe people who are or appear untrustworthy. It was always used as a term so outsiders to the class or social grouping would not understand it. It was always used in a kind of secretive, knowing way.

The world charver passed into usage in everyday English and a elision was formed, Charve or Chav. I think part of the reason for the natural shortening is that many people in the South of England have problems with constructing the phonetics of certain sounds used in Geordie, both as they are pronounced and as they should be recieved.

I have witnessed this myself when I lived in Southern England, most people as I remember had problems with pronouncing Geordie sounds when they would try to mimic an accent.

If you are a native Geordie in my experience, the dialect is very close to West Frisian - a language used in Holland. I find that if I read Germanic languages and pronounce in propper geordie, not only does it suit the language as a native speaker would speak it in rhythm and inflection, it also brings out words that can easily be recognised in use in English and a lot of words that sound very much like Geordie colloquialisms and as such, while every word cannot be read, a manual can be followed or the gyst of a tale gotten - even some jokes.

Eddie Izzard tried speaking in what sounded like very forced geordie to a West Frisian speaking farmer. Although to me it sounds like Izzard is trying to push a small, hard poo out of his mouth, he illustrates my point in his attempts at pronounciation. The farmers replies are very interesting however.

If this man had spoken to anyone from the mouth of the River Tyne, up the river valley and Northwards well into the Scotish borders - even as far over as lockerbie - the people would have thought he was from the area.

Hundreds of words exist in the North East of Englad and Southern Scotland - much like the old counting words and systems that occur in many hill farming areas of Northern England.

I should make a thread about such words and their etomology or maybe even Geordie culture, history, tradition and language.

I think we even have more Saints per square mile than anywhere else on earth, such is the historical importance of the place.

To wit, the culture of my area runs deeper than almost anywhere else in England in both age and historical preseverence.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    My introduction to chavs was with that video on Youtube years ago where the chavs are on the merry-go-round and the guy puts the back tire of his motorcycle to make it spin faster. If I'm not mistaken, that was the video that put Youtube on the map.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    They make niggers look like respectable members of society.