Fucking power company

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
2 outages in a week, now i know how dfg feels. Luckily i can run my dsl modem off a car battery, now to wait for them to restore power. Fucking cunts :angry:

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Bad luck mate. I've been looking around at the advantages of solar power actually!
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Ahh and then to top my night off just nicely my house partially floods out from the heavy rain we just had :angry:. Fuck this shithole.:(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Lucky you, my Stablizer pwned its fuse last night, this explains why I can't run a UPS.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Lucky you, my Stablizer pwned its fuse last night, this explains why I can't run a UPS.

I was going to buy a UPS this week but I don't have the cash for it atm. Luckily my ADSL modem requires 12 volts so a car battery keeps that online during an outage. problem is my desktop and server are unusable without the 230 volt mains which fucks me off. looking at getting a 1 kW UPS next week so this problem doesn't happen again.

Dfg it must suck having such an unstable power supply. surges are rare and normally the power is on 24/7 here. I couldn't handle constant outages on a daily basis, shit would get to me after a while.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    I was going to buy a UPS this week but I don't have the cash for it atm. Luckily my ADSL modem requires 12 volts so a car battery keeps that online during an outage. problem is my desktop and server are unusable without the 230 volt mains which fucks me off. looking at getting a 1 kW UPS next week so this problem doesn't happen again.

Dfg it must suck having such an unstable power supply. surges are rare and normally the power is on 24/7 here. I couldn't handle constant outages on a daily basis, shit would get to me after a while.

30 seconds before power goes out. I will reply to this thread after the power comes back.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    That's some shitty luck, Daktologist. I hope you can get your house dried out easy. Flooded out houses suck. :( Once I lived on an old flood plain that hadn't flooded out in over 100 years. Lived there less than a year and guess what happened.

I'm pissed at the water department right now. They were supposed to cut off somebody's water in the next neighborhood over, but somehow got confused or lost or something and cut ours off instead. Then it took them a day and a half to get it turned back on. It was their fault and they took their dear sweet time getting around to fixing it. Meanwhile we didn't have running water and had to live like fucking pioneers. Assholes.

Now I've spent a lot of time in the woods and I've gone without running water a lot longer than that, but in my own fucking house I expect there to be water coming from the tap when I turn it on.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Got power back :)

Well, you get used to it, you time everything around it, I know sucks but you have to survive.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    The thing that sucks most about having no power is the way you tend to go around and try to turn stuff on out of habit. Well, that and the food in your fridge getting all warm and nasty.