SG and HB

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Update:
Both sections are open but new description is added. SG is now a semi-serious section.

We cut down our forums from 74+ to around 34. We're entering a new Era here and it seems the model we used once we started was flawed. The forum layout and sections were meant for the Totse of 2005/2007 not 2010. It seems we didn't really move on fast enough.

After some thought provoking threads, I finally decided to move on and get things done. Cut everything down, starting from forum sections and then to Mods. Anyone who was inactive, didn't contribute was axed.

Now, I am stuck between HB, B&M and SG. HB is a hybrid of SG and B&M. And right now it doesn't really fall in line with anything. We're not that active and we don't really have enough users to worry about quality being degraded because it's already degraded thanks to other sections and lack of control.

Now, since there are Hb and SG lovers all around, I thought it would be wise to just ask them first.

What I want is to remove HB and merge it SG. We will reduce some limits on SG but overall, it will make it easier to get things going.

When we're big enough we can expand the forums.

Thoughts etc.

Oh, you will see new rules and policies enforced shortly. The aim here is to grow up and stop living in the past.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Either that or keep HB and SG but make it clear that SG is not an HB spill over playground for HB style BS. In other words change SG into a semi-serious discussion area for topics that just don't fit anywhere else and restrict the Fatty Fail Force style BS to HB and B&M only.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I would like to keep HB, as a forum for any type of posting, such as one word threads, images, etc. Maybe, you could just give SG some stricter rules, such as sentence length for threads?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    SG for general discussion, HB for general lulz.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Just remove HB completely, and the entire culture(?) behind it. Christ, you want a decent forum....why have any place, any excuse to act like a slobbering fool? There are PLENTY of ways to get laughs and whimsical entertainment without everyone having to act like gorillas smearing shit on the wall. :facepalm:

Or you can merge/integrate HB into other forums, and it will be completely contrary to everything you've been spewing the last day or so.:thumbsdown:
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    If your gonna remove one, remove SG instead of HB. Most of the shit posted in SG is HB material anyways.
    edited July 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    I would like to keep HB, as a forum for any type of posting, such as one word threads, images, etc. Maybe, you could just give SG some stricter rules, such as sentence length for threads?

This is what I am saying...
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    If your gonna remove one, remove SG instead of HB. Most of the shit posted in SG is HB material anyways.

That's due to a lack of moderation/direction....pretty much what got us into this mess of "lack of quality" from the beginning.

Seriously folks.....you've tried the slobber fest for literally YEARS now(counting Zoklet and the failed Zok led latter years of Totse)....how much harm would come out of at least giving a Slobber-Free_Website a try for a couple weeks, or a month or two?

Why do some of you folks NEEEEEEDDDDD to 4-chan all over the internet, when you can simply go to 4-chan and slobber to your hearts content there?????
    edited July 2011
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Thoughts etc.

Witness the request for commentary from the admin?

Now then you insecure little twat.....how many pages do you want to derail THIS discussion with your never ending grudges, all the while your handlers continue to espouse the point that your type of "leadership"(?) is needed here? :confused:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    Witness the request for commentary from the admin?

Now then you insecure little twat.....how many pages do you want to derail THIS discussion with your never ending grudges, all the while your handlers continue to espouse the point that your type of "leadership"(?) is needed here? :confused:

This isn't a complaint thread. He meant that. I added a poll. Stick to the topic at hand, I don't have time to read pages on pages.

That's why I didn't ask when merging sections, I just did it.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    This isn't a complaint thread. He meant that. I added a poll. Stick to the topic at hand, I don't have time to read pages on pages.

That's why I didn't ask when merging sections, I just did it.

You asked for thoughts on merging SG and HB, and I'm giving you HONEST COMMENTARY.

Really Dfg....your little faggot buddy's hand needs to be held this badly, you are really going to shit on you own sincerity just to side with him?

ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ how everything is "changing" around here. :rolleyes:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    The aim here is to grow up and stop living in the past.

Go buy a god-damn mirror then......because you are REALLY missing a lot in your own backyard. :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Go buy a god-damn mirror then......because you are REALLY missing a lot in your own backyard. :facepalm:

Will you STFU already punk?

You're not helping any way, so stop being a side show.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Will you STFU already punk?

You're not helping any way, so stop being a side show.

ELL OH ELL @ you of all people on this website calling me a punk. :D

How about this Dfg, if you didn't want any sincere or honest commentary about this idea....why didn't you just make an announcement instead of asking for people's thoughts?

Or why don't you type in extra verbiage...."anyone that wants to agree with my idea can pat me on the back, but negative comments aren't welcome"?

Or is your butthurt just as badly as Rodent's at this point......all you have to do is type in "Thoughts-except for DaGuru because his takes are too accurate and poignant", and THAT will be enough to shelter your ego from honest analysis or productive criticism?

And if I don't shut up and continue to make TOPICAL AND ACCURATE commentary on the discussion you brought to the table, then what? You gonna throw one of your qualified(?) mods on me, and infract me again for having a disagreeing opinion?

Oh. Noes. Not. Again. :facepalm:
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    Keep them both. Make SG rules more strict and clear. Why not add someone who is trustworthy and online frequently as mod to help enforce the rules and move out trash.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Keep them both. Make SG rules more strict and clear. Why not add someone who is trustworthy and online frequently as mod to help enforce the rules and move out trash.

Shut up PUNK...this has already been decided. HOW DARE YOU ADD YOUR OPINION to this discussion!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!?! :eek:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    ELL OH ELL @ you of all people on this website calling me a punk. :D

How about this Dfg, if you didn't want any sincere or honest commentary about this idea....why didn't you just make an announcement instead of asking for people's thoughts?

Or why don't you type in extra verbiage...."anyone that wants to agree with my idea can pat me on the back, but negative comments aren't welcome"?

Or is your butthurt just as badly as Rodent's at this point......all you have to do is type in "Thoughts-except for DaGuru because his takes are too accurate and poignant", and THAT will be enough to shelter your ego from honest analysis or productive criticism?

And if I don't shut up and continue to make TOPICAL AND ACCURATE commentary on the discussion you brought to the table, then what? You gonna throw one of your qualified(?) mods on me, and infract me again for having a disagreeing opinion?

Oh. Noes. Not. Again. :facepalm:

:facepalm:

You're not adding anything ITT except bickering. I added a poll, vote on it and stop extending the page.

And if you don't shut up, I will just ignore you like the rest do?

Kindly keep your drama tactics out of this.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I voted to axe HB, BUT I would also relax the rules in SG a bit to take up the slack. Not make it more strict, doesn't quite make sense to me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Okay, I am keeping them both. But SG will be semi-serious. +1 etc type posts are not welcome here. This section will cover all sections grey areas. If you want to have some fun and create threads, use HB.

I would prefer not keeping HB but it will only flood SG with useless shit and then NIMF would turn into HB which isn't a valid solution.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Descriptions changed, Bitching in HB and SG is not valid anymore. You should use B&M for it. This fixes the bastard child issue.

SG is now semi serious section and HB is a freestyle section but with limitations.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    :facepalm:

You're not adding anything ITT except bickering. I added a poll, vote on it and stop extending the page.

So let me get this right....your latest flavor-of-the-week idea is to "improve" content and limit all the stupidity, but then you are offended when people actually give thought provoking discussion when asked?

This isn't bickering, this is my legitimate and sincere thoughts on the subject (something most people know I've been saying since 2007 or so)...but because it doesn't agree with you and its MY name in the screen name box you want to turn it more into something that it isn't.

Really and truly, how can you claim to want to manage a thought provoking "discussion board" and be so fragile towards differing thoughts than yours?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    I voted to axe HB, BUT I would also relax the rules in SG a bit to take up the slack. Not make it more strict, doesn't quite make sense to me.

Shut up PUNK.....your opinion isn't needed here. Just click the poll option that suits you and move your ass along....this thread has no need or use for *GASP* discussion. :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    So let me get this right....your latest flavor-of-the-week idea is to "improve" content and limit all the stupidity, but then you are offended when people actually give thought provoking discussion when asked?

This isn't bickering, this is my legitimate and sincere thoughts on the subject (something most people know I've been saying since 2007 or so)...but because it doesn't agree with you and its MY name in the screen name box you want to turn it more into something that it isn't.

Really and truly, how can you claim to want to manage a thought provoking "discussion board" and be so fragile towards differing thoughts than yours?
    Shut up PUNK.....your opinion isn't needed here. Just click the poll option that suits you and move your ass along....this thread has no need or use for *GASP* discussion. :D
    See DaGuru you don't really learn anything, old age does that to you.

I already added the changes. This ends Phase I.

I am going to take a break and start Phase II, which will address other issues.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Descriptions changed, Bitching in HB and SG is not valid anymore. You should use B&M for it. This fixes the bastard child issue.

SG is now semi serious section and HB is a freestyle section but with limitations.

But if someone starts a bitching thread or a serious discussion in HB, would it have to be moved? :(
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    There's nothing wrong with a forum like HB as long as the nonsense is contained there and doesn't spill out into the rest of the site.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    But if someone starts a bitching thread or a serious discussion in HB, would it have to be moved? :(

Shut up PUNK! There's no need for opin----....errrrr, ummmm. I'm sorry Vozhde, that was actually a question.....carry on as you were, as I still think THOSE are still appropriate for this thread. :cool:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    There's nothing wrong with a forum like HB as long as the nonsense is contained there and doesn't spill out into the rest of the site.

Shut up PUNK!!!!! There's no need for commentary of any kind. Just click the box you find most comforting in the poll, and have a pleasant day. :)
    edited July 2011
    Shut up PUNK!!!!! There's no need for commentary of any kind. Just click the box you find most comforting in the poll, and have a pleasant day. :)

You've yet to vote in the poll, DG. So, shut up, click a box and have a pleasant day yourself. :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Shut up PUNK! There's no need for opin----....errrrr, ummmm. I'm sorry Vozhde, that was actually a question.....carry on as you were, as I still think THOSE are still appropriate for this thread. :cool:

Stop being FATTY Version 2. This is a semi-serious section now. Kindly, control your ego.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011

I want the bitching to move ot B&M for now. Mostly to get the flow moving. Once we have enough members we can expand things as required. But right now, keep the bitching to B&M.
    edited July 2011
    I want the bitching to move ot B&M for now. Mostly to get the flow moving. Once we have enough members we can expand things as required. But right now, keep the bitching to B&M.

I have no problem with that. It only makes sense to bitch in a forum dedicated to bitching. I'm just saying that the ridiculousness of HB should be allowed so long as it remains in HB, which is why I voted to keep both and make SG semi-serious.
    edited July 2011
    I have no problem with that. It only makes sense to bitch in a forum dedicated to bitching. I'm just saying that the ridiculousness of HB should be allowed so long as it remains in HB, which is why I voted to keep both and make SG semi-serious.

I could not agree more.
  • edited July 2011
    Remove HB?

That question is essentially like asking penguins whether they'd like the ice caps to melt.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011

Got it. I will make the change.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited July 2011

As well, I feel that the new content of the descriptions comes off more as a set of rules as compared to what the forum is truly about.

The rules should be enforced regardless, if one does not take the time to read the rules, it is a moderator's prerogative to move the thread to its rightful location.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Leave it like it is already. There is nothing wrong with either HB or SG.
  • edited July 2011
    I dunno if I'm too late to reply here, but I think that SG and HB should just remain how they are.