Best Mod on Totse

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
OK, here we go. This is probably going to entice some people to start a shit storm and try to use this thread as a platform to bitch about personal vendettas. In the spirit of the new guidelines set forth for SG I ask that you make a separate thread in B&M if you wish to expound on the failings of a given staff member.

This thread is to discuss who you fell the best staff members are and why. I will make a poll and set it as multiple choice as it is likely many users may appreciate more than one staff member.

So here they are in no particular order other than as they appear on the index.php page under the Moderator column. If any of the Editors are left out please feel free to create a "write in ballot" if they are one of the staff members you would like to acknowledge.

If you vote please post and explain why you fell this way. This poll and this thread can be used for important feedback that may help the community and staff members reach an understanding that can benefit all.

Comments

• jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    Not to brown nose or anything, but I like all the mods here. SO FAR.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I voted for myself obviously, because I am awesome, and you all suck balls.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    [x]thewanderer
    [x]RemadE
    [x]jamie madrox
    [When he is on he does, but I understand he's got IRL stuff to deal with. X]MissingMuse
    [x]culinaryoverlord
    [x]:mad:ijuana
    [x]vozhde
    [Not on enough anymore. X]Mayberry
    [x]GeneralMcBoozer
    [My computer doesn't work anymore. I can't do my mod shit until I get a new one.]Gary Oak
    [x]buddha
    [x]TheDarkRodent
    [*]acid_drop
    [*]Slartibartfast
    [*]Auschwitz Nazi Disneyland
    [*]13579
    [x]Daktologist
    [x]Dfg
    I'm just gonna pick who I think does there job properly.
  • edited July 2011
    You missed me out :( Technically I'm a mod y'know. Anyway, I voted for... I can't remember now. But they're all good!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    OK, fine, I will start the ball rolling.

I voted for culinaryoverlord for the following reasons.

• As far as his knowledge base for the section he mods he is one of the better matches on the site.
    • He stays level headed even in the midst of drama driven troll attacks.
    • Even though he has said some less than flattering things towards my person he has done so in a respectful fashion by keeping petty comments and suppositions to himself if he has had any.
    • He carries himself with dignity even in the midst of the shit this site has seen flung at the glass over the last year.
    C/O Does his job, keeps his nose clean, and has a ring of drama protection +10
    edited July 2011
    How many times do you have to wash dishes now that Ducklips has voted for you Buddha?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't have to bargain, it was an order. :D
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2011
    Almost everyone here is a mod, goddamn...
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2011
    I voted for me but I'd like to change it to C/O
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    [x]Fanglekai...he was the only guy that had enough integrity to take a nice healthy shit on his modship, once he realized how being part of a corrupt staff clashed with his own integrity and value system.....and thusly didn't want to be lumped in with game players and immature morons.

What's funny is how Rodent claims to be "for" this website, but this thread is CLEARLY a controversial/polarizing poll. What's the point any how? So you all can stroke each other off after you analyze the results of the community pecking order? You'd think in this time of transition (or flavor-of-the-week whacky idea Dfg figured he would try next)....one would rather instill a spirit of unity and camraderie, not some dick waving popularity contest or even tip-toeing in the realm of any sense of exclusivity.

But hey....gorgeous summer day in northeast Ohio, dude just got remodded, he has Dfg stroking his genitals behind the scenes with such eagerness.....how could he possibly help satiating an ego as insecure as his while originating such pointless and ponderous threads with the "purpose"(?) of this one.
    edited July 2011
    Cool story bro
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
    why am i not on the poll you FUCKING WANKA
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
    AV EET YE FUCKIN CUNTS
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    [x]Fanglekai...he was the only guy that had enough integrity to take a nice healthy shit on his modship, once he realized how being part of a corrupt staff clashed with his own integrity and value system.....and thusly didn't want to be lumped in with game players and immature morons.

What's funny is how Rodent claims to be "for" this website, but this thread is CLEARLY a controversial/polarizing poll. What's the point any how? So you all can stroke each other off after you analyze the results of the community pecking order? You'd think in this time of transition (or flavor-of-the-week whacky idea Dfg figured he would try next)....one would rather instill a spirit of unity and camraderie, not some dick waving popularity contest or even tip-toeing in the realm of any sense of exclusivity.

But hey....gorgeous summer day in northeast Ohio, dude just got remodded, he has Dfg stroking his genitals behind the scenes with such eagerness.....how could he possibly help satiating an ego as insecure as his while originating such pointless and ponderous threads with the "purpose"(?) of this one.
    You're hopeless.
    Pacino wrote: »
    why am i not on the poll you FUCKING WANKA
    Not a mod
    Pacino wrote: »
    AV EET YE FUCKIN CUNTS

Kindly keep this to HB :)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »

Rodent....you reported THIS post?????

The title of the thread is Best Mod on Totse....I give you an honest answer, and now your butthurt is trying to remove discussion despite you asking for it?????

ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ this "new" Totse..... you want content, but then try to moderate content you don't agree with.
    edited July 2011
    ^^ I come back, look at my subscribed threads, and all I see is BAWWWWWWWWWWW here, and not a single post in a thread with actual content.
    edited July 2011
    That's what happens when a paranoid narcissistic personality is allowed two accounts.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited July 2011
    And TDR plays no part in all the crap that goes on? Yeah right :rolleyes:

Either way, I got no favourite mod on here. Maybe Auschwitz because he linked me to some strange industrial music back on the real totse :thumbsup:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I think all the mods do a good job.
  • edited July 2011
    I would like to do a write in ballot for bornkiller, he always catches shit in my section before I do, he is pleasant and even tempered, and he contributes a lot of thread starts when he is so inclined, and they are usually interesting.

Thanks for the props TDR, I will do my best to keep it up, if I ever run for office, I want you as my spin doctor. I would have voted for a few more mods, but I kind of took this as a one vote gig. I would have voted for DFG out of simple respect, but he is not so much a mod as the 'grand architect/fire marshal' of totse, in my opinion.

C/O
    "i'm not winning?, but I am your beloved overlord:confused:"
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    They each serve their purpose in their chosen sections (sometimes beyond), have user friendly personalities & play hard ball when required.
    I'll always stand by this place, be it admin, mod, member, or totse in general. For me to choose one would be to choose none.
    I voted for all of them. FTW!
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Soooooo....about 20 hours in, and what quick observations can be made so far about this poll????

-To start it exposes how the originator of this poll and most of the respondents don't even understand common words a first grader is fluent in. In order to pick "the best" people should have picked only ONE, but instead this whole thing has turned into a politicially correct group hug. How cuuuuttttteeeeee!

-To the people that purposely posted for everyone......ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ how "edgy" you are for Totse. Are you trying to remain a moderator for an eclectic website or running for ambassador for some 3rd world country. Your collective sucking up is EMBARRASING TO WITNESS.

-Its amusing to witness the GROSS misproportion of mods:users actually including themselves in this poll. What is that an indication of exactly? How the mod:user ratio is so off kilter.....or the fact that the only people that even seem to care about this poll or its purpose are the mods themselves. Hell, imagine if the people that voted for EVERYONE :facepalm: had every one of their votes disqualified....imagine how meager the numbers would be of only the other people that responded.

-And exactly who is in the "lead" of being the Best Mod on Totse? Do we need a drumroll for this mystery(?). Surprise Surprise!!!!! Everyone's boss ends up being "the best"....and at this point Dfg's backside is a wet pool of spit, saliva,snot and mucus from all the ass-kissing.

Yeah great idea for a poll Rodent....you people "found out a lot" didn't you? :cool:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'll always stand by this place, be it admin, mod, member, or totse in general.
    Yes....& even DaGuru
  • edited July 2011
    You should make a poll of the best users who aren't mods.

The poll should only list Spectral and DaGuru.

*runs*
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    You should make a poll of the best users who aren't mods.

The poll should only list Spectral and DaGuru.

*runs*

Before that happens, lets have this thread title changed to 'Least shit mod'.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I voted DFG, as he his always doing something constructive and he is making Totse.info better and better :) However, if Trx100 had been on the poll it would have been a tie :)
  • edited July 2011
    I try my best to be a good mod. I don't interfere with other sections unless it's necessary, I do a lot of handywork such as cleaning up threads, moving things, editing things, etc. Most of my work goes into SEO with the CMS, making sure everything is as good as it can be. I sometimes update titles and URL's before they're crawled or linked to (like this morning, I added "how to" to the start of an article to favor us in Google results). I dunno, I try :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    didnt vote, not trying to stroke anyones e-ego
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    GenMcBoozer because he isn't a stupid cryhard homo.
  • edited July 2011
    they're all fucking GAY. i had a thread deleted a few days ago. not just moved, DELETED
  • edited July 2011
    the kevin love appreciation thread
    edited July 2011
    the kevin love appreciation thread

Never heard of it.
  • edited July 2011
    yeah cuz someone fucking deleted it dumb ass
    edited July 2011
    yeah cuz someone fucking deleted it dumb ass

Please stay on topic. Thank you.
  • edited July 2011
    Balls! I'm falling behind. Free cake for everyone!

Double balls! I forgot I'm a crappy baker. Free 1000 island salad dressing for everyone! Yeah that's it, grab a handfull my brothers, don't be shy, there is enough for everyone, did I mention it makes excellent sunscreen?, vote C/O!
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't vote
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    Dfg is the best in my opinion because of the large amount of time he spends working to improve the site.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dfg isn't a Mod damnit, he is DQ'd
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Quite surprised to see people actually voted for me. Noice! I like C/O a fair bit though. Just fuzzy and friendly. The guy who I could imagine I'd see at a bar and know "Yeah he's lived..." but always wondered what could have been had I spoken to him :thumbsup: