You love eating human hair...

ChupaloChupalo Regular
edited July 2011 in Life
That's right, they are putting a chemical obtained by melting human hair into our delicious baked bread. MMM MMMM!!!!

It's ok, most of the hair comes from China, and YOU KNOW they aren't harvesting hair from human corpses, right???

http://www.naturalnews.com/032718_L-cysteine_commercial_bread.html

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    I actually do nibble on my wife's hair from time to time. That is different though because she is my wife and I know she keeps it clean. Plus I'm not actually eating it.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm sure there is more to it than that, there always is.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    OHOHO YOU LIKE DRINKING DOG AND HUMAN PISS (They clean water for you and give it to you)
  • echo4818echo4818 Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    this thread is horrible.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    echo4818 wrote: »
    this thread is horrible.
    Do something to make it better then.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    I eat relativly little bread - when I do it is home made with spelt flour or certified organic so they cannot get away with putting shit in it. I took a look at the report and most of the stuff in their is scaremongering bullshit.
    You've been eating cloned fruit and didn't even know it!

The above is an example of the scaremongering. Fruit is cloned in the fact that that small branches are cut from fruit trees and grafted onto new root stock. We have been doing this for hundreds of years - its not a problem.

Its no better than a headline 'ZOMG CLONED POTATOES' - a potato is planted in the ground and all of the potatoes that grow are 'clones' of the original. Its called asexual reproduction. Same with strawberries - you let a runner grow from a plant, stake it to the ground so it roots and hey presto, you have another strawberry plant.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Same thing with garlic, too. All clones.

Yes, there is a lot of scaremongering out there. Red dye from crushed beetles, etc. However, I was unaware of the L-cysteine connection to human hair.
  • edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    Same thing with garlic, too. All clones.

Yes, there is a lot of scaremongering out there. Red dye from crushed beetles, etc. However, I was unaware of the L-cysteine connection to human hair.

As was I, but I will continue eating mass produced bready goodness regardless of this fact. The article mentions several other sources like chicken feathers, and I think these are likely much more abundant than hair trimmings. I am going to do some more research on this because I think there are regulations on selling products derived from humans, at least I hope there are.

It is an excellent example of slanted reporting that grabs you with a big nasty headline, and then buries the fact that it likely does not apply to you among the details. Organic produce is big business, and they love making 'press releases' that are then quoted as fact just as much as any media savvy industry. Amino acids can be derived from a ton of sources, or simply cooked up in a big ol' vat, and are just another food additive.

Here's a couple of examples of how the food industry can trick people obsessed with buying 'organic' products into paying more for the same product sold 20 feet away for half the price;

Organic mushrooms; mushrooms are by necessity grown in sterile compost, with filtered air, you don't use pesticides on mushrooms, because you never let anything nasty get near them in the first place. How the label organic makes them the slightest bit different is a mystery to me.

Free Range Chickens; all a producer needs to do to call a chicken 'free range' is allow it access to some green space, the chicken never actually needs to go there, some free range chicken farms consist of a very standard chicken coop, with a small door leading to a strip of grass. Chickens are not known for their curiosity, so few of them go out the door. Many free range chickens are fed an artificial yellow dye to make their fat yellow because this color is something people associate with free range chickens.

Some organic food is legit, it is usually more expensive and smaller, I use it when I can trust the source, which is seldom.

C/O
    "waiter, this roll has a hair in it, possibly several."
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    Wow, that's gross as fuck...

I'm gonna finish this sandwich anyway though because I'm drunk and hungary.jpg
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    I wont eat the chicken at work. You've seen randoms right? How the fuck do they get these chickens that big? Can they even stand up? 16oz chicken breast is insane to me. I'm just sayin.
  • edited July 2011
    I wont eat the chicken at work. You've seen randoms right? How the fuck do they get these chickens that big? Can they even stand up? 16oz chicken breast is insane to me. I'm just sayin.

Yeah, that shits nuts, I have found ones up to 20 oz. Unless you are getting fresh breasts, they have been 'seasoned' as well. By 'seasoned' they mean they have been put in a vacuum chamber with salt water and soy protein and tumbled for a while. The best product for chicken boobs is usually fresh, tenders attached, unsplit. A little more prep time to pull off the tenders and trim them, but they are usually unprocessed, and even though they are a bit more expensive, your yield is better because they do not shrink as much.

C/O
    "however, if I was going to troll certain sites, Random Chicken would be my name, hypothetically of course"