Coke or Diet Coke?

edited September 2011 in Life
Which do you prefer? I just drank myself a can of Diet Coke, which I think I prefer. Given the choice between the two, I'll choose Diet just because it's got no sugar in it :)

Comments

• LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Diet coke is nasty. Enjoy your splenda, I'll stick with my sugar and corn syrup.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    There is no reason to drink Diet Coke.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    I can't stand the aftertaste diet coke leaves in my mouth. For that matter I don't like the aftertaste of anything with artificial sweeteners whether it be aspertane or splenda.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    diet coke tastes awful to me.
    i prefer water to anything diet.
  • edited July 2011
    Heh, I just washed that Diet Coke down with a can of Fanta. No diet's here boss!
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    i DO like coke zero.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Aspartame will fuck you up long term. It has been linked to a lot of health problems, including reduced serotonin production. I used to drink about 3-5 Diet Cokes PER DAY, and when I stopped, holy shit, major headaches. They eventually went away, and now when I drink one (or anything with aspartame in it) I feel like complete shit.

Sugar will fuck you up long term. It has been linked to a lot of health problems, including diabetes. I used to drink about 3-5 Cokes PER DAY, and when I stopped, holy shit, I lost 10 pounds and felt great.

I usually drink iced water with a splash of 100% apple juice in it. It's addictive. Like jenkem.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    Neither - they both have phosphoric acid in (a lot of soft drinks do) and it rots your bones. Studies into teenage / early adult car crash victims in the USA have shown that those that have drank a lot of coke or similar in their lives have bones of old women and are at much greater risks of osteoporosis / broken bones.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the "caramel color" they use isn't caramel, and is actually pretty toxic. You are better off drinking non-colored sodas. In fact, the only real "decent" soda is Sierra Mist Natural. It has less calories (sugar) than regular soda, but sugar is sugar nonetheless.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    coke. What sort of coke is diet coke? Rock? Because I only snort my coke. Rock is for shits.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Pepsi but if all of the pepsi in the world spilled into a giant sewer drain then I would opt to drinking coke :/

"I'll have a coke."
    "Is Pepsi ok, sir?"
    "Is Monopoly money ok, bitch?"
    edited July 2011
    Pepsi but if all of the pepsi in the world spilled into a giant sewer drain then I would opt to drinking coke :/

You disgust me.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    Mountain Dew *runs*

Edit: I'll never drink a diet soda.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    Aspartame will fuck you up long term. It has been linked to a lot of health problems, including reduced serotonin production. I used to drink about 3-5 Diet Cokes PER DAY, and when I stopped, holy shit, major headaches. They eventually went away, and now when I drink one (or anything with aspartame in it) I feel like complete shit.

Sugar will fuck you up long term. It has been linked to a lot of health problems, including diabetes. I used to drink about 3-5 Cokes PER DAY, and when I stopped, holy shit, I lost 10 pounds and felt great.

I usually drink iced water with a splash of 100% apple juice in it. It's addictive. Like jenkem.
    that sounds tempting...
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    This reminds me of my past work at mcdonalds. I found it funny when the huge people came in and ordered 2000 calories in one sitting and then got a large diet coke. Like that would make a difference. But diet is not only the worse choice for heath but it is also disgusting. FUCK diet.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    diet has more caffeine doesnt it? even so, it tasting like asshole isnt worth it..
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Its not the caffeine that is the issue. Its the change in ingredients to ones that our body doesnt recognize as easily. There are other components then that but for the most part its simple to know that diet is worse if your looking at it for a health reason. Although if you just like the taste better then power to ya.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh, we're talking about drinks. Pepsi.

P. E. P. S. I; THE NAME IS PEP-SI
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    ^Haha nice that made me laugh.

Oh yeah and no i hate pepsi i cant drink the stuff.
  • edited July 2011
    Why did I let myself drink 3 cans of Diet Coke earlier? :facepalm: I feel like throwing up, I should have listened to Totse...
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    I drink very little soda but I never drink diet soda.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    I think I drink on average 3-5 sodas a day. whoops.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    I drink diet dr pepper and i don't like diet coke. I prefer regular coke and the only high fructose corn syrup i agree with and am willing to ingest is in my soda pop. HFCS is in everything and doesnt need to be it's just cheaper and a filler.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    pepsi rocks.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I drink diet dr pepper and i don't like diet coke. I prefer regular coke and the only high fructose corn syrup i agree with and am willing to ingest is in my soda pop. HFCS is in everything and doesnt need to be it's just cheaper and a filler.

They save about $0.01/can by using high fructose corn syrup. HFCS can't really be processed by the brain for mental alertness, so it's a useless sugar. But, since all sugars screw you up long term, I guess it doesn't matter.

You should be more worried about sodium benzoate and potassium benzoate in diet sodas.

TL/DR: Soda kills.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    very true chupalo very true
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Chalupa with the facts. But so true. It sucks that so many people have such a misconception of diet drinks and thinks that they can eat and drink the way they do as long as it's low fat and diet. When in fact you are usually worse off with the diets and stuff of that sort.
  • edited July 2011
    lala wrote: »
    i DO like coke zero.

This, Coke Zero when it is really cold is tasty, but when it's not cold enough it is pretty much as gross as most diet pop.

C/O
    "warm fresca and a hangover, the pain never stops"
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Mexican soda is surprisingly the best. It contains 100% cane sugar. It tastes like sexy.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    This, Coke Zero when it is really cold is tasty, but when it's not cold enough it is pretty much as gross as most diet pop.

C/O
    "warm fresca and a hangover, the pain never stops"
    i have to have all my drinks ice cold or i throw them out.

and it is summer, for cryin out loud....its time the damn stores realized we need insulated cups. those who don't, lose my business.
    edited July 2011
    Asian opinions don't count unLess you say them in the voice of the Asian from the goonies.

Yu dissgruss mi :mad:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Asian opinions don't count unLess you say them in the voice of the Asian from the goonies.

Pinchers of power! PINCHERS OF POWER!!!
  • edited July 2011
    Coke, but the only cokes I'll drink are the ones in glass bottles, and with real sugar rather than HFCS.

There's a notable difference in taste, as the cane sugar is tastier than corn syrup, and due to the glass container being totally inert, as opposed to metal with plastic lining.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Coke, but the only cokes I'll drink are the ones in glass bottles, and with real sugar rather than HFCS.

There's a notable difference in taste, as the cane sugar is tastier than corn syrup, and due to the glass container being totally inert, as opposed to metal with plastic lining.

This. This is like words right out of my mouth.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011

they do have a different, better taste.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    "I'll have a coke."
    "Is Pepsi ok, sir?"
    "Is Monopoly money ok, bitch?"

LOL
  • edited July 2011
    Diet always tasted like medicine to me...I'll stick with the real stuff (that is, the bottled kind with cane sugar)
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
    diet coke by far.