Who here plays a musical instrument?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I play lead and rhythm guitar plus bass when I have to.Remember! Even fr00ty l00ps is an instrument :o ... But guitar fuckin hero isn't :angry:
Soooo! What musical instrument do you play? :cool:

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Piano, Clarinet, and I'm learning the sax :) My dads learning it play bass at the moment actually! I just bought him the complete Hal Leonard Bass method book compiliation (there pretty awesome actually).
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Piano, Clarinet, and I'm learning the sax :) My dads learning it play bass at the moment actually! I just bought him the complete Hal Leonard Bass method book compiliation (there pretty awesome actually).
    Keyboard and horns ..... :cool:
  • edited July 2011
    TDR is a god on the skin flute
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    I learnt bass guitar first, but seeing as I was neither fat nor bearded I made the switch to guitar.Also proficient on Sax, Mandolin, Drums, Glockenspiel(Thankyou, primary education!) and midi Keyboard.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Fatty plays a rusty trombone, so I've heard.
  • edited July 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Fatty plays a rusty trombone, so I've heard.

Glad to see you out of lockup, crying harder and trying harder
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    TDR is a god on the skin flute

BKr1q.jpg

hahaha
    edited July 2011
    Fuck me! We got enough for a totse band. :thumbsup:
  • edited July 2011
    Drums, guitar, bass, a little bit of keyboard, and Fruity Loops all the time mang. I also enjoy Virtual DJ too.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Fuck me! We got enough for a totse band. :thumbsup:

What he said :thumbsup:
  • SpacemanSpaceman New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    been playin guitar since i was 15.i screw around with alot of other instruments though.once you know how music works and know how the notes are arranged on the instrument you can pickup and play almost anything
  • edited July 2011
    I was playing guitar while I was on Stickam to Daktologist yesterday :D What Spaceman said is true though, you can literally pick up anything and play it after getting the hang of how it all works. I've been playing guitar since I was 4 years old, and I've been around guitars and music all of my life. My dad's always playing guitar for his band and shit, so yeah.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2011
    I was good at piano until i quit at 11. Now I can play really bad piano and a couple chords on guitar. I am a lazy bastard. :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2011
    I used to play a lot of keyboard actually, although I was never really that good at all. Last year I got the keyboard out again and learned Chocolate Rain on it :D It was hilarious, but I just can't play very well. I admire piano players in Blues bands though, they're awesome.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    I play a grand piano.

satisfied.PNG
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Singer=fucking da bitches.
    edited July 2011
    You a vocalist Gary bro? :thumbsup: We should seriously go somewhere with this y'all
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yuh. I'm ok...I'm also very modest.
    edited July 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Yuh. I'm ok...I'm also very modest.
    There are many instrumentalist where I am but very few decent vocalist. They're a dying breed. I can organize a new band today if I wanted, but I'll be fucked for a vocalist. :(
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    There are many instrumentalist where I am but very few decent vocalist. They're a dying breed. I can organize a new band today if I wanted, but I'll be fucked for a vocalist. :(

All the vocalists I know either got snapped up into a shitty band and are wasting their talent, or they're all like "No, I'm not good enough to sing because I have low self-esteem" which is probably the most frustrating thing you can reply with.
  • edited July 2011
    I was saying to Daktologist on Stickam that I wish I could sing :( It's frustrating because being a musician, I know what's in tune and what's not and whenever I sing, it's actually in tune. The problem with me is that I have the shittest voice ever and it sounds dreadful to listen to, even if it is in tune. My voice lacks any quality and I'd never be a singer, which is sad :( I think it's something to do with how deep my voice is. I sing in a totally different range to most singers which means that I can't sing along to things either :mad: I've been trying to work on it, and I've also tried a bit of hardcore growling/screaming which is hard as fuck to do.
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    There are ways to increase range?( up to an octave or so IIRC)
    You should be able to at least harmonise if you can keep a note.

My biggest problem with singing is that I lack melodic variety when writing songs, and sing from the throat too often.

Remember kids, always sing from the diaphragm! or else! (lol, I heard a funny story about the dangers of poor technique the other day)
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I was saying to Daktologist on Stickam that I wish I could sing :( It's frustrating because being a musician, I know what's in tune and what's not and whenever I sing, it's actually in tune. The problem with me is that I have the shittest voice ever and it sounds dreadful to listen to, even if it is in tune. My voice lacks any quality and I'd never be a singer, which is sad :( I think it's something to do with how deep my voice is. I sing in a totally different range to most singers which means that I can't sing along to things either :mad: I've been trying to work on it, and I've also tried a bit of hardcore growling/screaming which is hard as fuck to do.

Do you find yourself analysing your voice as you sing?
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    The problem with me is that I have the shittest voice ever and it sounds dreadful to listen to, even if it is in tune. My voice lacks any quality and I'd never be a singer, which is sad.
    Bob Dylan Anthony Kiedis Mark Knopfler Jimmy Hendrix etc, etc... Dylans an awesome song writer, Knopfler & Hendrix are awesome guitarist, Anthony has an awesome bass player to hide behind and not one of them has a nice voice yet they can use their voices to their advantage. Trust me ..... You'll be a star mang. ;)
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    I like to pretend to know how to play my guitar, acoustic. I think I can sing but idk I might just really suck and Id need a bottle of something or many things before Id sing in front of a crowd or anyone for that matter :/